Why was Michael Gira in Mulholland Dr.?

Why was Michael Gira in Mulholland Dr.?

>dude surrealism lmao

shave off your eyebrows lmao you'll look so creepy

>where you goin' city boy?
What did he mean by this?

Because he wanted to help David Lynch explain how Marilyn Manson killed Keanu Reeves' fiancee.

The real question is why was Billy Ray Cyrus in a David Lynch movie that is praised by almost every critic in existence?

how's this dressing style called

"yeeha"

will people laugh at me if I dress like this?

"yesumyesumsir"

Because David Lynch has a habit of casting non-actors or just kind of shitty actors and still making them work.
I'm excited to see Eddie Vedder in Twin Peaks.

do u guys think gira did it

General consensus as far as I've seen is that something happened but not the way that Jarboe portrayed it and it wasn't any sort of intentional sexual assault

Jarboe??

>Jarboe
Typo, or has he done it again?
He can't keep getting away with it

Jarboe lied dude

Probably

Sorry I'm retarded. Meant Larkin obv.

Larkin has some problems with mental illness. her posts weren't made with a clear mind and her accusations can't be taken seriously until she goes to court with them. I'm all for listening to rape victims but this has to be settled as a legal matter. As it stands now, it felt more like a fucked up way of drawing attention to her career or, even worse, a cry for help. It was a drunk one-night stand and the only question is the consent on her part.

was it even a one night stand? gira said it wans't consummated so idk.

>Larkin has some problems with mental illness
And Gira doesn't?

He called it an "awkward mistake".

he was an agent of evil

Eddie Vedder is just doing music, and his role is probably just as a performer. His song is already released for it

what I'm interested to see is if Trent Reznor has a similar role

He isn't bipolar and hasn't got a history of burning bridges and being verbally confused. Also, I bet he's just depressed and edgy with anger issues as a whole, no personality disorders at least.

>depressed and edgy with anger issues
That is mental illness. Also he's a criminal and former drifter. Those types often have mental illness.

Have you never heard his music before?

>he's a criminal
He sold drugs when he was 15 and essentially homeless in a foreign country.
His time in gaol obviously fucked him up though.

Never treat art as evidence, that's ridiculous. Secondly, personality disorders have a huge influence on your ability to recount situations and analyzing them rationally, while Gira may be an asshole I think his mind has been clear-thinking for the past 15 years.

>He sold drugs when he was 15 and essentially homeless in a foreign country
As a said, a criminal drifter
So, Swans is inauthentic art then.

Lynch is a hack and film is the lowest form of expression

Is Lolita inauthentic because Nabokov didn't have pedophile tendencies? Is Crime and Punishment inauthentic because Dosto didn't kill someone? Fucking stupid.

>art is still good even when there's no evidence of it being true
>yet Larkin is bad even though there's no evidence of her story being true
Nice double standard

haha ironic meme-posting is the best

Fuck off this film is great. You're just a stupid fucking faggot.

>Says the guy that listens to music

I guess but "consummate" is an awkward choice of words, there is that grey area where it could mean their sex never went to a romantic level but at the same time the outward meaning just seems to be they maybe fooled around sexually but never fucked.

It can be an awkward mistake without actual sex.