Ask somebody who works at a group home for adults with intellectual disabilities anything

Ask somebody who works at a group home for adults with intellectual disabilities anything

What is the connection between that picture and your work?

>Pay?
>What do you do?
>How did you fall into it?
>Crazy stories
>Have you ever fucked or wanted to co workers or paitients
>What is a typical day for you?
>What do you do outside of work?
>What are your dreams, goals, ambitions?

What's your yearly net income and where do you live?

Have you ever fucked any of those retarded bitches

i guess if he did not fuck any of them, there would be no point to make a thread about his shitty job.

>9.50/h, I stay overnight for two and a half days and that makes 40 hours, and there is almost always overtime available
>Make food, clean the house, deal with their behaviors when I need to (I'm in a particularly laid back house so they don't go wild often), take them to appointments, basically help them lice their life while trying to teach them these skills
>Stories aren't too crazy but our client with schizophrenia has some funny ramblings
>No
>Get up super early, make breakfast for the guys as they get up, do dishes, drive, blah blah it can be monotonous at times
>Drink, smoke, and adventure outdoors
>I just want to have a role model family and have some impact on the community. I live in a smaller town.

I've only been working here for a few months so I cannot say, it could vary. I'm in Pennsyltucky

So far, I've only worked with men. I wouldn't consider it.

It doesn't have one but that could be me when one of the guys shits in the shower

Oh I forgot how I fell into it. Working 3 days a week sounded very attractive to me, a couple people I know told me about it. But now that I'm here it's very rewarding teaching these guys and making a difference in their lives when most people wouldn't even look their way

You sound like my ex's dad. His family was trash, including my ex. He was sane, and extremely friendly tho. Good man.

>Ask somebody who works at a group home for adults with intellectual disabilities anything

So, what's it like teaching at an HBCU (Historically Black College and University)?

My family might be a bit lost but they aren't trash, but I do tend to be a mediator.

Couldn't tell ya, I'm the only black person here

I'm in the same field. Love slash hate it

10 bucks an hour, night shift

I just sleep and get paid

I pick up nightshift for overtime! We're not really supposed to sleep but when you only have two responsibilities over 8 hours it's kinda hard not to..

I think I can spare time to type out a story for those so kind to peep my thread

Mfw im doing the exact same thing as op this very second.

>Monday, the 2nd day of my shift
>BM is coming home from his parent's house, and when he does he usually comes back in a cranky mood
>JM, the schizophrenic one is over by the sink compulsively drinking water
>BM walks in to see JM drinking out of his cup and immediately loses his shit
>yelling, shouting, JM gets scared and we have to separate the two
>BM starts to target me
>Might have said "I don't like the color of your face" but it's hard to hear him with his enlarged tongue
>tells me to leave
>shouts in my face, I minimize (a more professional word for ignore) him
>I was sitting on a chair, he kicks me in the shin a few times
>don't move a muscle
>he goes elsewhere to throw a fit, then comes back to kick me a couple more times then punches me in the face
>don't move a muscle
>he throws a temper tantrum of shouting, throwing things, and attacking my partner and I for 4 hours
>4 hours...
Next post I'm gonna stop green texting because it's so tedious

Op cant be me because im me....
> small town
> group home
> $9.50 pay
> 3 1/2 days work week 40/hr
> 4 1/2 days off to do whatever
> OT always there, but fuck that shit

We could possibly work for the same company

I do the same thing in the same state. You're description very similar to my employment.

Not op but also group home person

> B has issue where he likes play with his poo
> go up stairs, smell of shit hits
> go in Bs room
> shit everyone on carpet floor
> proceed to clean shit carpet
> bring shampooer upstairs
>take shampooer downstairs
> half way down bottom of shampooer breaks
> a literal shit waterfall

What area of the state?

Word up!!!
I changed my mind

>during this temper tantrum I was loading dishes in the dishwasher
>he comes over, shuts the dishwasher door on me
>"you can't do dishes, you don't know how"
>minimize him
>this goes on for a minute or two, then he snatches the cup that was in my hand and puts it in the cupboard
>"that cup's dirty"
>he gets a madder and takes the cup out, and throws it into the sink
>"you can't do dishes, you don't know how"
>he repeats himself a few times before I lose my patience and I let something slip out
>"well would you like to do the dishes?!"
>he shoves me and throws a few punches at me, but now I was on my feet and they were easy to avoid
>tell him to cool it when I create some distance, he's starting me down
>"I'll do the dishes." He turns around and starts loading them up
>That was fine with me so I left him be

I technically shouldn't have let that slip, but it's hard not to get salty when a freeloading mamas boy gets mad at you for doing what he won't

Ever use them as human toilets

A picture of two literal retards, and yet don't see the connection.

OP looks like one got loose.

Ooooooh shit playas, if I wasn't worried about confidentiality i'd try to find you

You guys dont do restraints or have one on ones to use as a deterrance?
If one of our guys flips shit, we basket weave them till they gas out and then proceed to file an IR

I know all our residents in our orginization.
Assuming youre abbriviations are fact, we are not close.

Restraints are a very last resort, and the ones we're permitted to use require two people. The problem is, we're not allowed to use restraints on this particular individual because of doctors orders, which is a pain because he's the only one in the house that gets aggressive

Gimme a general area of the state. I'm all about confidentiality as well.

Damn, fuck that nonsense.
Do you guys have a hard time keeping employees too? Ours has a stupidly high turn over rate.

Im in a state that has legal pot, and im located south in that state.Thats really all id like to divulge. This is Sup Forums after all.

Ever try to have sex with any of them?

Ausfag here. I do the same job, work overnight shift with a client who doesnt like human contact. Play vidya for 10 hours straight and get $27 an hour first 10 hours, then a bit extra for sleeping.

Have fucked one co-worker on changeover at this house. We were friends outside of work before it, both have partners. Planning to fuck her again next time.

What state do you work in?

I'm closer to the burgh than Philly. I wanna say you are as well?

Hello mr. janitor

Yes we're always looking for new employees, not only is it too intense for people but if you don't do your complete job you could get fired rather quickly.

I'm pretty close to punxy

Yup, Same shitty company, different division.

And believe me, I seen it all.

Care to share a story?

And after that behavior (let me say again, 4 HOURS!!) we've been trying to get a hold of our superiors so we can get a plan with how to deal with him, specifically, when we can call the police so /they/ can restrain him, but apparently they're very busy and haven't gotten back to us in the month or so that has passed by