Hey Sup Forums me again

Hey Sup Forums me again.

Still having the same issue, which is 2 new sticks of DDR2 ( i know it's shit ) 8gb at 800mhz, But speccy it's only saying 4gb is usable at 800mhz in task manager.

Any ideas?

Tried going into bios and simply saving and quitting.

Speccy is detecting both sticks, both are 4gb but says it's only 400mhz.

Task manager is saying 4gb at 800mhz.

Each stick is 4gb at 800mhz.

Have you checked if your motherboard supports more than 4GB?
Is one of the entries broken?

Now that we've got that out of the way:
The fuck you doin' posting hardware issues on an image board? Are you mental?

>Any ideas?
OP is fag

Do you have them in the right slots? A lot of mobos won't support dual mode unless you have identical sticks in certain slots. Check your mobo manual.

no i am retarded not mental.

equally it can support up to 8gb of DDR2.

it's two slots and both sticks are the same.

Is your windows install 32 bit? Otherwise it's your motherboard or your RAM is bricked.

Nope windows 64bit

>ddr2 RAM
Put it in the trash

Its is because sysWOW64 is present in your c:\Windows\ folder. it is a virus, you have to delete it

Also speccy is still detecting both bits of ram, though it's saying half the speed. whilst task manager is detecting 4gb but at the correct speed.

i know, he won't get a new pc cause he's a twat.

I'm not that stupid user :)

Have you tested both sticks on their own? Have you tested both slots?

Currently no, that's next on my list.

Speccy is detecting both though so logically it should be working?

techinferno com/index.php?/forums/topic/5540-32-gb-kingston-hyperx-1866mhz-ddr3-pc3-14900-ram-shows-as-pc3-14200/

Mem readers have been fuckin' up since the old days. So disregard the Hz. What we're left with is the size "error", correct?

Alright, Speccy is detecting the full 8gb ( 2 x 4 gb ) whilst Task manager is detecting 4GB , though both slots.

Well, as a practical test, try loading more than 4GB of data into your RAM. Possibly by using a ramdisk tool like SoftPerfect RAMdisk to make a 5GB ramdisk with a non dedup uncompressed filesystem like FAT32, then filling it up with that much junk. If you can do that, then you have all the RAM and you can look into making your mobo+bios use it at full speed. If not, then you probably have a windows configuration error or bad ram, both of which you can diagnose with some kind of linux livedisk.

Have you put in the RAM after you installed Win on the old sticks? (Win never liked it's users doing this.)

Is it much of a hassle to reinstall Windows?

Will try that after, going to test each stick first.

For him yes it's a bit of a hassle.

What version of windows. I had no problem swapping in new RAM in win7x64.

Any version, really... I believe even some Linux distros dislikes RAM changes.

Windows 10 64bit,

I just tested the ram on it's own. It's supposedly half. 2gb 800mhz now. About to test other stick.

You're full of shit. I've never had a problem swapping ram in win7+, and the only way a linux distro wouldn't roll with new ram is if you crafted it very carefully for your hardware only.

>Windows 10
Why are you helping this person?

Turn off L2 Cache before you scan.

task manager is only detecting the ram in use not the total in your system

it will only detect the full amount if you insert the ram while the PC is on. be sure to discharge any static first.

Cause installing RAM etc is pish easy, I have no clue why it hasn't worked hence why I came here.

Not doing that.

My pc is 16GB DDR4 and works fine with task manager though speccy says it's half the speed.

Did you buy it from someone reputable or some eBay faggot?

Have you tried the automatic troubleshooting tool?

See what the progran cpu-z says about your memory

Unfortunately yes due to the fact it's DDR2 and no longer made, the lad is 99.2% positive from 124603 people so.

Also each ram stick is running at 2gb 800MHZ not 4gb 800MHZ which it should be.

Use cpu-z to find out what motherboard you have then try and find out its specs.

My old dell only supports 8gb if it's 4 2gb sticks.

p5qpl-am

Have you tried slotting them in the 1 + 3 positions?

So it should look something like this on your mobo | 0 | 0 where | is ram. They are dual channel, this shouldn't affect it being recognized but it may help.

It's so old it only has two ram slots.

Multiply that 400 by 2 and you have 800. Core clock for DDR2 800 is 400, and that's likely what your bios is displaying. Setting your ram speed to 800 would effectively clock it to 1600, which just won't work.

So you got jipped.

gg no re

I'll give you a hint for why it shows up as 400mhz and not 800, OP.

DDR stands for double data rate.

>Implying you aren't running 32 bit OS

Each ram stick is going at 800mhz, tested them individually. But they're only at 2gb not 4gb, but they're 4 GB sticks as speccy shows. So speed is not the issue.

4GB RAM for each stick, On boot + Task manager says it's 800mhz.

Can't be bothered typing urls so Google " Why is the RAM speed only 400MHz instead of 800MHz" and have a read. What I'm gathering is your fine it's working correctly.

That doesn't sort the fact it's only 4GB not 8GB.