Whats the best way to quit weed Sup Forums?

Whats the best way to quit weed Sup Forums?

I smoke everyday and have for 3 years. Longest I ever quit was 3 weeks, and then felt confident I could just do it once and not go back. Started up everyday again after that. I can't keep smoking weed all the time. My MCAT is August 5th and I hardly have studied. If I at least score slightly above average on the MCAT I'll get into medical school this cycle but I can't stop smoking and I desperately need to it constantly distracts me. All I do is smoke all day when I smoke.

IM HIGH RIGHT NOW

stop smoking weed the "addiction" is all in your head

I crave it intensely. I can't sleep without it. I feel down when I don't use it. It relaxes me. I feel physically different without it. Everything is technically all in your head.

Stop being a faggot and stop smoking its easy OP

Have the same problem. Feel good high in the evning at home but also feel it fucks up my perception and behaviour. I must quit it forever or i will stay looser even tho i have good potential

dont stop
you have to keep smoking but do work first before you smoke

Why you want to quit?
Are you ready to emotionally heal everything you are numbing out with it?

>i will stay looser
what does this phrase mean?

Keep yourself busy. I was smoking every day for awhile, but i got too consumed by uni work and next thing i know it has been a year, than two, than 4

Go to reddit r leaves its a stoner reddit deticated to people leaving the habit a good no biased place for quiting the erb

why do I have to keep smoking?

Agree
Weed is not much of a problem but what other personal issues can precipitate is something
Don't go extremist "I'll leave it forever"
Because you are only tormenting yourself and not helping

>how to quit weed
>it's not chemically addictive
Just stop fucking smoking, dummy.

MCAT is August 5th? Dude, get your shit together and start studying your ass off. You want to look for help? You are the only one that can help yourself. With or wtihout weed you can get it together stop being a lazy POS.

I want to quit because I don't get enough work done on it. Honestly I have a GPA >3.8 and I have mad ECs and LORs. But the MCAT is way more heavy than I thought and I have a 6 weeks to learn everything. I also work 35 hours a week so there's that

>weed
>tormenting yourself
Wut? Its weed bruh, it doesnt do anything but makt you high. There are no physical symptoms, there is honestly no reason to do it past the age of 27, unless you are retired and have literally nothing else to do.

he likes to get his ass pounded by apes

keeps you in your habit and you can still sleep normal and its nice
also theres no downside of smoking some weed after a day of work

This is actually promising. Reddit actually has something for me after all

But there is no need to either

I graduated with a Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering Technology and got a Minor in Mathematics with a 4.0 GPA. Smoked weed everyday and was even high at school often. You just need to actually get focused, do work, study, etc. while high or smoking. One of my favorite things to do is take a fat dab or smoke some bowls and then sit around doing Calculus. I have lots of drugs here, LSD, MDMA, Adderall, lorazepam, cyclobenzaprine, marijuana, etc. I tripped and rolled back in Jan/Feb but just usually keep to my daily routine of smoking pot (no alcohol). It is about your self control and laziness, not the pot. I do waste a bunch of time grinding, packing, rolling, and finding something to smoke to, and that is probably your biggest waste of time if you are smoking all day.

>No downside
what about less money? less focus? less time to study and less healthy relationships?

Good I have 2 more years

Also, I disagree. Good reasons to smoke pot:
>it keeps you from drinking/taking other drugs
>it keeps you from having to take sleeping meds
>it keeps you from having to take pain pills
>it keeps you from taking anti-depressants

If none of the above are the reasons you're smoking it then I agree 100% with your assessment.

the addiction really is in your head but that does not mean its not real to you.

when you're really and I mean REALLY committed to make a change you will. how? you will make a real choice to break the habbit/pattern and just endure the insomnia and the depression until the patten/habbit is no longer a part of your personality/lifestyle.

but you probably already knew that and you probably aren't ready for such a commitment that's why your still asking people for advice on how to do something you know only you can do yourself. just be real about the fact quitting is not a comfortable experience and then do it anyway if you really want to quit that bad.

I disagree, OP here has done all of those other drugs b/c of weed in the first place in his experience.

so the solution to stop smoking weed is to work for 4 years without having the time to even realize somethings missing? Nah, thanks, i'd rather kill myself.

But honestly except for pain management those other examples are kinda silly, if you cant sleep thats obviously something that need to be taken care of without chemical intervention. Otherwise youll be dependant.

truth

Well, a responsible pothead wouldn't smoke pot if it affects their schooling, relationships, or otherwise.

Anyone who lets it run their life is a piece of shit. I use it to avoid having to take sleeping meds, anti-anxiety meds, and it keeps me from drinking (I'm an alcoholic).

I don't smoke until after work once all the housework/yard work/sons homework is done and even then it's only a little.

I then get super high right before bed so I can pass out without having to take some bullshit sleeping pill (diagnosed insomnia and hate fucking prescription meds)

When I was kicking cigarettes I would do something with my fingers like origami or a musical instrument. Good Luck with your exams op

What was i missing m8? I had too much to do, work, school, relationships, projects, etc. What was i missing by not smoking?

kek

But a doctor will just put you on a medicine (chemical) that will be far more detrimental to your health than a little THC.

Speaking from experience. Also speaking from experience on it keeping you from drinking or doing other more harmful drugs. Some people are just chemically dependent and THC (a protein) is much less unhealthy than some bio-engineered chemical compound or the massive amount of damage alcohol will do on your body in the long run.

YOUR life.

Explain? Please

idk if the vision for your life was to work for others your whole life then I guess you didn't miss much.

Im not saying moderation cant work for everyone but it can't work for me. It does run my life

The whole "gateway drug" is a crock of shit if you ask me but blame it on that if you want to.

Do acid/lsd
You're welcome

Eh, i feel your insomnia is more of a stress situation instead of a chemical one. Thats what mine was, once i figured out you cant control everything i have slept like a log since. And if you need to do drugs, like you have a need to, something else is wrong and doing the drugs are hitting the symptoms and not the cause.

Well, then you are "chemically dependant" and if you quit smoking pot you'll just take up something else.

You have to make a decision on what will be less detrimental to your health and life: pot or (insert drug/alcohol here)

Everything in moderation my friend.

>vision of your life was the work for others
Not really, but i enjoyed myself. Just because i was busy didnt mean i wasnt happy. I made tons of friends, learned new things, and was a productive person. Life is what you make it, and if you think you wont be happy until you have your dream life, you are going to be sad for a very long time. Im living my life, are you?

You're just on a minor withdrawal from taking those chemicals all the time. Your brain is used to it, it expects it, it functions every day expecting to take these chemicals. What you need to do is quit cold turkey and excercise every day so it's all out of your system faster. You need to eat well, putting your body on a hard reset so you can expect to function without the THC and CBDs

Probably right user. In fact, it probably has to do with how much my job stresses me out but then again the pot helps both the stress and the insomnia and I'm a lazy piece of shit who takes the easy way out lol

If I really wanted to learn how to manage my stress I'm sure I could but in the meantime it keeps me from being a raging alcoholic and allows me to sleep so I'll continue to be a loser and smoke pot as my "medicine".

no, im living a life others want me to life and im getting sick of it.

You have, no idea about what you are talking about.

THC causes partial agonist activity at the cannabinoid receptor CB1. It is a psychoactive drug. Smoking cannabis is harmful to your health and causes lung cancer. Long term use causes lethargy and paranoia.

It is not a protein and will it is hard to gauge how it affects you unlike a targeted compound that we have tested time and time again. Just stop

This is weed we are talking about. Not meth or coke. Calm down.

Lol do coke you pussy. I bet you will ace the test on cocaine.

OP here, about to rip this white widow popper and get super stoned! I promise I quit tomorrow ;)

I used to feel the same way when i smoked pot everyday. I was the most miserable sack of shit ever. When i stopped i realized i was in a haze the whole time, i was stuck in my mind. I wanted to do great things, but never did them. I longed for the vision but not the act. After i quit, man my life got alot better. I actually focused on the people in my life, and when i used to get high i thought they were beneath me, but they werent they were great people. Work became fun

I prefer alcohol over weed any day.

Alcohol, if used in excess can make you a little reckless and uninhibited, but that doesn't really happen to me, or at least extremely rarely.

On the other hand, weed instantly turns you into a useless certifiable retard.

Never had the need/urge to take sleeping meds, pain meds or anti-depressant, I'm not american and hence don't consider consuming high power legal narcotics normal.

Just remember, you cant control everything.

Ok. So you trust a government ran agency to know what's best for you.

35 "FDA Approved" drugs have been pulled from the market in the last 50 years but I should trust them to fill me up with a pain pill, a sleeping pill, and an anti-depressant...

I understand the lung cancer point but I already smoke cigarettes like a fucking retard anyways so I'm not too concerned with that.

Also, just as with medicines, there are different ways to consume marijuana other than smoking if someone has a prescription for it.

Honestly, if you think pharmaceuticals are overall better for you than marijuana then I'm wasting my time arguing with you.

Stop being weak minded and just quit faggot. It's just weed.

This. Or shrooms.

I used to smoke a lot of weed. One trip on shrooms made me realise that It's pointless and that I should be more active. Now I smoke like one joint with roommate at night after I get my shit done.

get a vape and smoke a few vape bowls a day and ween yourself off slowly. works for me.

Are u smoking weed with fucking tobacco from bong? Pleb as fuk.

I do trip from time to time. Prefer acid to shrooms

don't knock it til you try it

keep smoking and fail at life you fucking degenerate
if you're too weak to quit weed you might as well off yourself

This will explain your addiction
>smokes weed mixed with tobacco
>lul why cant i stahp

If you are addicted to smoking weed you are a fucking loser, I smoked weed all day every day and stopped once I had a goal to reach, if you can't put your priorities in front of your "medicine" and stop making excuses then you are weak minded and nothing in this post will be able to help you. Have fun being stuck in the same place for the rest of your life like some of my old friends.

It is sad when you see those old stoner friends years down the line. I had a roonmate, he was 40 years old smoked weed constantly, than bitched that he was working at jack in the box. I asked him why he didnt try to do something in his 20s, like college or learn a trade and he pulled the whole, i dont want to work my whole life. Id just laugh because this nigga never had more than 100 dollars to his name. He worked in a tattoo shop for awhile in his late 20s to mid 30s, but he never learned how to do it, he just swept up the shop.

Honestly from experience, I only smoke when it's readily available to me, secret is don't buy it and you will literally just forget about it, then when you're at a party with mates and someone offers you a J or whatever, don't make a big deal if you want it have it and don't beat yourself up about it, the addiction will go away by itself if you don't put to much thought into it.

start drinking instead. or abuse adderall.

do you smoke it mixed with tobacco by any chance

Former everyday smoker here. I quit a little over a month ago, it was hard to do after smoking everyday for 6+ years. Only reason I think I'm doing so well is that I had a friend of mine quit at the same time. Having someone else going through it with you helps keep you in check

so much this
why would anyone ruin pot with tobacco anyway