How do we fix this shit?

Seriously, mlb is a disgrace to professional sports.
Half the players are borderline overweight, they constantly act like spoiled brats and throw tantrums/break shit over meaningless regular season games, managers running onto the field to disrupt play and argue about a call that they have no power to reverse until they get thrown out of the game is encouraged, "professional" athletes are somehow so incapable of communicating that they run into each other for fly balls on a weekly basis.
Just nuke this shit sport, it's literally worse than divegrass

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cQeJ8YQuqh8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_MLB_Japan_All-Star_Series
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

move the fences back in every ballpark so the fatties can't rely on raw power anymore.

salary cap, salary floor, and 50/50 revenue sharing

weight limits
no more pablo sandovals

thanks, I will

The weight problem fixes itself. Pablo Sandoval and Prince Fielder are shit.

remove the DH to shame people too fat to field
fatties play first - third bases

Victor Martinez isn't fat.

More steroids. I love seeing guys mash home runs in their 40's. Too many guys are breaking down in their early 30's.

youtube.com/watch?v=cQeJ8YQuqh8

not all DHs are fat but the DH enables people too fat and slow to field to continue drawing a paycheck

Well the NL will have a DH soon enough so get used to it.

They want more offense, not less.

dindu nuffin

Only air Nippon Pro Baseball

desu if the NL gets a DH it is so they can bubble wrap pitchers. Imagine the ass pain if Kershaw got a crippling injury from a ball nailing his elbow.

The DH is just illogical to me. Catchers tend to suck at hitting give them a DH too, Why not have offensive and defensive teams like football?

I think they should remove the ground rule double to increase production. Get gud at defending if a ball leave the wall it is a home run

Serious question: what do AL managers even do? Like why are they even in the dugout? I honestly think I make more decisions funposting in gamethreads then they make.

>stickball is fun they said

no wonder why Jordan came back

So do you have a problem with grinders/enforcers in hockey or long snappers in football? Two roles that enable players "not good enough" to do other things to get paid doing half the work as other players?

I dont watch football. The brain dead punch face cant skate enforcer is dead as fuck even 4th line goons can score now
he tried the best sport and was BTFO by his shitty eyes

>tfw no true World Series between the NPB and MLB
>tfw Ichiro won't get to go home win one for da (is)land in a huge upset

Really dumb comparison. Enforcers and long snappers are positions not created by a babby rulebook, they exist because coaches choose to employ them. Long snappers are a dying breed anyway,not many teams waste a roster spot on one anymore. Same for enforcers, coaches are realizing it is better to use a roster spit on a skilled player.

Those are entirely different. Teams get so many roster spots and can fill them with whomever. Most hockey teams no longer have enforcers, and NFL teams don't have to have a longsnapper on the roster (though it's obviously a good idea to have one).

Well you labeled it a serious question so I suppose I'll answer it.

AL Managers still need to employ defensive alignments per batter/scenario.

They need to make defensive replacements late in game to protect leads if someone on the bench is a better fielder.

They need to make pitching changes.

They need to decide when to bunt, green light batters, steal, hit & run, squeeze, pitch around, intentional walk, etc.

They need to pinch hit inferior batters in specific scenarios where your backup outfielder may be better suited to bat over your .230 hitting shortstop.

I think that about covers it. NL games literally only add needing to pinch hit more for your pitcher and the occasional double switch. It's really not that more complicated.

AL managers do just as much as NL managers. Decisions like when to take out your pitcher and go to the bullpen are harder instead of the copy and paste "take out the pitcher for a pinch hitter if were losing in the or leave him in if were winning. They'll get a lot more shit for making a poor decision because they actually have to make a decision.

It's honestly a pity how shitty NPB is treated.

Nice slippery slope you giant aspie

Do you have a problem with a relief pitcher too?

the NPB would get fucking raped manlet fucks. Maybe they could send a guy to the home run derby or something

>start letting one guy not field
>implying they could not add even more DHs

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_MLB_Japan_All-Star_Series

>instead of the copy and paste "take out the pitcher for a pinch hitter if were losing in the or leave him in if were winning

It's a lot more intricate than that, especially if the pinch hitter stays in the game and another player needs to come out.

no, they really wouldn't. We had a NPB/MLB series years ago and NPB won.

You just regurgitated what you just said but in a context that you thought was actually intelligible

Lmao, tyreese, you're fucking stupid

>baseball
>""""" World """"" Series

That's because no one gives a fuck you dummy

"mlb players care about exhibition games with 2nd rate japanese players"- a fucking idiot

Remove all the mascots and make new cute ones in the style on Buffalo Bell

see MLB had a very impressive roster. The pitchers were meh but the offense was stacked as fuck but NPB still wont majority of the games. So to say they'd be "Raped" if it was taken more seriously isn't necessarily true. They'd probably lose more often than not but it wouldn't be noncompetitive. Most teams still wouldn't allow an ace pitcher to go anyway.

"very impressive"

It was a C team and they did not give a fuck, it's an exhibition series for shits giggles and money, it is literally irrelevant

>No designated hitter

>Reduce regular season games by 50%

>Fewer games per season would mean top pitchers would start more often, which would cause less offense, so counteract this by only allowing 3 balls to a walk

>Fewer divisions (4 instead of 6), but introduce playoff qualification round for lower seeded teams

>Make out of bounds area smaller, especially near the infield, so there are fewer pop-outs. This also brings the seats closer.

>Modify ball to SLIGHTLY favor batters

Wild idea:

>Maintain 4 balls to a walk, but get rid of shortstop position, and make the batting order only 8 men. Possibly reduce inning count to 8.

Forgot:

>Introduce promotion/relegation (!)

>Fewer games per season would mean top pitchers would start more often
no

If your team only played 2 games a week you could start your #1 and #2 all the time instead of your aces and 3 literally whos

>Long snappers are a dying breed anyway,not many teams waste a roster spot on one anymore

>I don't know what I'm talking about the post

Literally every team has a long snapper on their roster these days. The patriots and Lions even fucking drafted their Long Snappers

don't forget about all the dumbfuck "unwritten rules" and shit they don't enforce, and people talking about how the east and west strike zone needs to be expanded so that good hitters generate offense 20% of the time instead of 30% of the time

fuck this sport

well i think they also went by japans strike zone which is bigger and the japs use really short swings so they make a lot more contact then us ie slapstick ichiro on top the japs also use a ton more breaking balls and in the us our hitters just sit fastball all the way

Lmao look at this fat fuck trying to pretend this simpleton sport is complex

>spout blatantly flase information as fact
>get corrected
>"haha you're fat and dumb cause you like football"

kys senpai

R O B O T
O
B
O
T

U M P S
M
P
S

also fuck the fun police unwritten rules. I want bat flips

also get rid of reviews on tag plays at bases, way too many shit reviews on those where you can barely even tell what happened anyway. and fuck this evading the tag bullshit, if it looks like the throw and tag beat you then fuck off

Introduce promotion/relegation

Wait wait hear me out on this one. The MLB is the only major sports league in America with a multi-tier league system already set up, so there wouldn't be a ton to do other than work out who Major League Clubs could claim when their minor league teams no longer become their property. Let's say the Toledo Mud Hens have a good season and make it into the playoffs with a good chance of winning. Are the fine folks of Toledo going to catch Mud Hen fever? No, not really. It's an inferior league that will see the Tigers call up many of their best players at the beginning of next season, never to set foot in Toledo again. Now imagine if you were a resident of Toledo, and the baseball team there was playing for a chance to become a major league ballclub. Don't you think a fair amount of people would rally behind that? Having a promotion system would turn millions of casual fans in flyover towns into diehards and increase interest in baseball across the country, especially in towns with contending teams.

'no'

replay in general is absolute crap
takes way too fucking long, and the fucking delaying they do while they wait for the replay guy to get on the phone and confirm with the other replay guy watching tv to decide if they should challenge is incredibly annoying. There has to be some sort of time limit, 10 seconds maybe, to decide to challenge a play or not. And replays really shouldn't take more than a minute or two.

replaying tag plays is fine, it's the main use of replay, probably. Tag evading is part of the game, especially evident on home plate plays, just tag better. If they're really annoyed by those slides they can just try to block the bag I guess, obviously that carries the risk of being legally spiked. It's also legal to tag a runner hard in the face, do that and maybe he won't try a faggy slide again, just like fielder won't try to block the bag again if they're spiked.