Sup Forums

Sup Forums
I just bought a pack of trading cards because why not.

Anyone know how to play this game? lmao

Other urls found in this thread:

media.wizards.com/images/magic/tcg/resources/rules/MagicCompRules_21031101.pdf
media.wizards.com/images/magic/resources/rules/EN_MTGM14_PrintedRulebook_LR.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=GadqHggATe8&list=PLIaKLDWNWO1aBhyx_0IJtg9tHDzkOQCKA
mtg.wikia.com/wiki/Magic:_The_Gathering_Wiki
mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Main_Page
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Awesome game.. need people to play with though

Which is it trading cards or a game?

Both

Do you know if that's a decent deck or not?

It's a starter pack. They're never good.

Go to your nearest comic book shop and get pwned by the locals with slither and angel decks.

You'll pick it up quickly ... but cards get expensive.

I mean.. Its a starter deck. You can play with it but people who know what they are doing build their own and will most likely smash it.

All the intro decks are ass. You could have fun against someone else with another deck tho

I got this card to add to it in one of the booster packs. Seems like it's supposed to be good but I don't really know

Here is the complete rules:

media.wizards.com/images/magic/tcg/resources/rules/MagicCompRules_21031101.pdf

And here is what you need to know to get started

media.wizards.com/images/magic/resources/rules/EN_MTGM14_PrintedRulebook_LR.pdf

I also bought it because the started deck was 14 bucks and each booster is only like 3. It was either this or Pokemon and I don't know if people even still play Pokemon

Cool I appreciate it

>buys one deck
>tries to play
you're gonna need to drop about $300 more before you're ready famb

Not all at once though right? I was thinking if I get really into it maybe buying like 2 boosters every month

decent deck takes about ~10-15 packs at least

And whatever you end up with, someone half your age will beat you in three turns.

There's no real place for one random black card in your red/blue deck, you'd need to throw in a smattering of swamps just to maybe be able to play it if you drew it. You could build a vampire deck that has black as a main color and use it, but that's probably a little advanced for a guy who doesn't even know the rules of the game yet. My suggestion is get a friend that's also new to get another, different starter deck and play each other until you get a feel for the game and whether you like it or not.

Just play Yugioh. You can play online for free if you want.

Yeah that sounds good. I have a friend that plays it though, he's the one that suggested I get a deck so we could play during class. (Good thing cards aren't a problem in college lmao)

I've played Yu-Gi-Oh for years. I got tired of all the weird shit they're adding now.

I really loved the game vanguard, but I don't think anyone plays it anymore. I only got to play for like a month before I moved and then I lost my deck.

Don't buy boosters to try to get specific cards, you won't get lucky. Go to tappedout.net you can look at decks other people built, look through set lists so you know what cards are out, assemble deck ideas that you have in a coherent way and get feedback from other players that frequent the site.

$40 card

You can play Magic Duels for Free on Steam they have a tutorial you can just play through.

youtube.com/watch?v=GadqHggATe8&list=PLIaKLDWNWO1aBhyx_0IJtg9tHDzkOQCKA

mtg.wikia.com/wiki/Magic:_The_Gathering_Wiki

mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Main_Page

Try /tg/
Also Kalitas is worth some money. Check tcgplayer.com

Limited deck size: minimum 40 (draft pick, opening new packs)

Constructed deck size: minimum 60
usualy has 20-25 land (mana)

Nice Legendary btw.

Yugioh is better than ever if you ignore the current format. Hopefully the next banlist will fix that.

Or you could just play at drafts lol.
Nice pull, that's worth some money fam.

Just to make some of you magic fags jelly, I got Jace, Vryn's Prodigy in my pre release box for origins last summer.

Are you serious? Fuck that lol I'm selling this dude. Especially if he doesn't fit my deck anyway

Slight edit, he was my foil promo.

Kek. I know how to play magic

Oh shit, says he's worth like $25!

Link?

roll

OP is trolling hardcore, and you're all falling for it, faggots.

That's really good for a card from the current set, foil will double or triple the value.