So I wonder... do our Italian fratellos even take us seriously?

So I wonder... do our Italian fratellos even take us seriously?

Everytime we happen to play each other German media starts hyping up this big rivalry and talks about why this time the curse can finally be lifted. But it's kind of a one sided rivalry.
I know England thinks they have a big rivalry with us, but we actually don't really care about them.

How is this matchup being received in Italy? Is there hype whenever we play and do they see it as an equal matchup or do they look at it sneeringly, confident of victory?

Other urls found in this thread:

11v11.com/teams/italy/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Croatia/
youtube.com/watch?v=FD9UTBWo51w
youtube.com/watch?v=j9p0LEmFvuw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ich kann dir als deutsch Italiener sagen, dass die Deutschen in den italienischen Medien zwar extrem respektiert werden ( jetzt vor allem mehr denn je weil Weltmeister und so ) aber meiner Meinung nach wird nicht so ein Wirbel darum gemacht wird wie in Deutschland.

Der größte Unterschied ist, dass seltener davon geredet wurde mit Sicherheit zu gewinnen auch wenn es bis jetzt immer der Fall war... Anders als bei Bild und co.

Ich persönlich bin mir sicher das es dieses Mal einfach soweit ist. Ich hoffe nur ihr verschont uns und lasst uns unsere Würde. Ein 4-0 verkrafte ich nicht.

We have respect for Croatia.

11v11.com/teams/italy/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Croatia/

That 2006 friendly was the first loss after the 2006 World Championship. It was the first loss after a sting of 25 victories or draws.

Italian here btw.

Man, this is like the most important match in Italy, nothing compares to Italia Germania

it's by far the biggest game for us
it's true that we beat you many times but you're still 4 times world champions, you can't call this one sided

also many italians dislikes ze germans
not me though

can't wait for all the kartoffel tears on saturday desu

speak English or die

The most important challenge at the international level for Italy, the strong unbeatable Germany full of champions against mediocre Italian players who will make every effort to try to beat it.

David and Goliath story.

DELETE

there is no way we can win.
they are better and they will win against us.
I'm sad but we have 0 (zero) chances

>German media
>creating an artificial rivalry
>ONCE AGAIN!!!
So sick of it, hope you all enjoy the match and pls don't kill, Italian bros

English not nazi please.

Yes, We definitely have no chance of winning.

>Germans are convinced they'll lose
>Italians also convinced they'll lose

It's a nice change from both sides thinking they have a guaranteed win but which one should I believe?

I´m still scared shitless tbqh desu. That´s how you always win...

>ze germans are favorites
>we will beat the curse this time
>get cucked again

It annoys me how before each tournament game in their press conference (i recall 2006 and 2012) Italians tell the world how good and unbeatable Germany is and then beat us easily. They are always and always should be seen as the clear favotie. Italians seemingly love to put themselves in the underdog role, only to celebrate their inevitable victory even more afterwards.

For once i'd just love for them to say "It's gonna be a tough match. Germany is strong but we think we can win." That's respect for me. Being honest about what the game is gonna be. Not all this teutonic shit talk nobody believes anyway. They will win and nobody is gonna be surprised by that outcome. And come confederations cup if we happen to play against eachother they will shit talk Germany up again and then beat us as expected. It's how Italy always did it.

Did you watch the 2006 and 2012 matches? We didn't win easily, it was a tough match both times
By the way the press doesn't suck your cock, when they ask the players and the manager, they always say the same old things

>the opponent is strong, but we aren't afraid
>they're the world champions but we can beat them

I've noticed that posters of other countries (both teams involved here, Argentina etc.) all make various threads downplaying their chances. Is there any reason why? Obviously I'm not saying to become a deluded shitposting Brit but goddamn it's like none of you expect to win anything.

It's the most important game for us
Usually it goes like this

1 Germany

Small power gap

2 Brazil

Huge power gap

3 France

You are our most important rival, and personally i'm alredy preparing psycologically to all the German media shitposting after your win

I'm psychologically preparing myself to the inevitable curse breaking; that's probably the only thing we italians care about besides food.
If I reach the state of acceptance before the match I could have some chances not to kill myself afterwards

Well if we win the party will be even more glorious

I am sorry user but we have literally 0 (zero) chance.
the curse is already broken.
we can't do anything, just accept the fact that we will lose.
I'm sorry but it's over

Trust me, nobody expects us to win, we just hope for our team to pick hell of a fight

We are very scaramantic, in some city like Roma or Napoli you cant even say the word "scudetto" (championsip) if they are leading the table or are close. We could be up 4-0 at the 90th and still say it's not over yet.

I believe the word you're looking for is "superstitious. But I see where you're coming from but Roma/Napoli have every reason to be doubtful of their chances considering the history.

Hello

this is the anti-jinx post. This thread is clear now.
Have a nice day.

well, we look at this in this fashion: soccer is for fags
i hope you're satisfied with our answer

>mount nigger

RARE

ERAR

Not really tho

>soccer

Drop the proxy Josè

>Italians
>not caring about German
Please, ever since the German/Italian anthem basically ran on loop for half a decade in the Formula1 the pre match introduction alone is more hype than a final could ever be.

so that's why it is such a big deal for italians? got it

It's a bit different from England, you guys are four times and current world champs, they kind of have to give you the time of the day even if they always beat you.

>We could be up 4-0 at the 90th and still say it's not over yet.
The 2000 Euros sure did a number on you :p

>tfw you know most the anthems of big nations because of being cucked in every sport my whole life

I'll be whistling along as usual...

only for greasy plebs who work menial jobs

Yes, yes, keep jinxing it, raga.

Germans are gonna shit on us on Saturday

>pic related
It's me after the game :(

we know about the "ritual" by now m8
Anti-jinx is in full effect
Was a good game, the better team won hope you go all the way now.

Let's be realistic. Italy has no chance. With De Rossi injured and such weak attack I predict that the game will be all the 90 minutes on Italy's half

Shut up turkroach, Italy will steamroll us Germans.

can i fuck your wife?

Enough with the falschen Bescheidenheit Hans.

But we have to counter their ritual.
Hochmut kommt vor dem Fall, ja.

He's probably an Italian in germany. Fucking cunts 2bh, you emigrated from this shithole of a country to another one that gave you a job and a chance at Life, and yet you spit on it. Hope some German nazi gang beats up all those disgusting 2 faced shitalians

>fratelloS

kill yourself

I know right? Not a single German thinks we have a snowball's chance in hell against you, we will be humiliated like always.

Does germany care about our rivalry with them?

Calm down Hans

Yes, it's our biggest rivalry, wish you weren't shit right now.

Thanks Werner

Yes.

Wish >we would be playing (you) instead of Italy since >we would have a chance this way

As an Italian you're our 2nd biggest rival after Brazil so yeah it's a massive match and a big deal

>all this nervous as fuck jinxing and anti-jinxing

i'll be so glad when it's all over

I consider Germany the biggest rival, not Brazil

Germany --> stronk serious rival
France --> annoying butthurt rival
Brazil --> cheeky troll rival (in the past)

I don't care about other NTs

>as an italian
>our

>I know England thinks they have a big rivalry with us, but we actually don't really care about them.

Some Germans seem to care a bit:
youtube.com/watch?v=FD9UTBWo51w

youtube.com/watch?v=j9p0LEmFvuw

see we never beat you easily, it's actually the opposite. And this time our midfield is fucked too.

Trust them, The Netherlands is their one and true love, Italy is their Nemesis and England is merely a fuckbuddy.

>they don't speak German in the year of the lord 2016
subhumans the lot of you

lets stop trolling for a second:
Germany has WAY strongest players than Italy
BUT
Italy has the best defense in the world right now and a solid group with balls.
it will be a boring match, a close call decided by an episode. this is the classic 0-0 or a 2-0 with one of the side scoring maybe from a penalty or free kick end doubling it at the end of the game. like the other 2-0 italy did.

Italy/Germany is the only thruly serious match for us. We may banter after theatch, we may flex our muscles, pshyc us up, go full WAAAGH mode, but we'll always feel this match as the biggest, the most difficult, the One.
In the past years, we did not celebrated our victories becouse we won, but becouse it ended, and we did not fucked up.

Italy/France in the other side, it's the hideous one. The burning hate, the fire of rage, before, during and after the match...
I know people who posted "pray 4 another Paris" during the daesh attacks. Or tried to give directions to the Quartieri Spagnoli or Bari Vecchia to french tourists. It's in the blood, we simply cannot feel anything but hatred when France is involved.

t.errone

NO. STOP.
WE CAN'T BEAT YOU, WE NEVER BEAT YOU. STOP JINXING IT. SHUT UP.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Havent you read the build? There are 7 reasons why you will beat us! Seven! I think you got it in the bag

The only rivalry even comparable to Italy - Germany for us is with France.

Everytime we play against Germany we get Super-Hyped.

I think, the long-time streak has of course big impact on this for us, but i think it's also a cultural thing. Probably Italians and Germans represents perfectly the two souls of Western Europe, more of any other countries.

Also, it's true that we always win, but everytime we face you we're not considered the favourites, in '82 it was 50-50, in 2006 you were the host, in 2012 you were super goat and we had a shitty 2010 WC, and now you're the reigning champions.

I think this is a thing too, you doesn't care about England because everytime you are the favourites and you always win, because England sucks.

NOOOOOOO.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

be gentle germany

>in 2006 you were the host
You guys had Buffon, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Pirlo, Gattuso, Totti, Luca Toni when he was decent and could even afford to leave Del Piero in the bench

Germany had Ballack, Lahm and Klose

Rome is dead, kill off this final surge, break the curse and let us finally put an end to Italian football as a whole

We are friends/rivals, don't you remember our great adventures in the previous century? We are like nakama or some anime shit

wew

It will end the way it always ends.
Please Italy bros, don't make us suffer to much this time playing a tight game and giving us hope until the bitter end.

End it soon this time, like 3:0 at half time, you owe us this much for being a sure win for you throughout history.

In 2006 we played in Dortmund, Germany never lost in that stadium, also they were the host, the stadium was rooting for them.
They were definitely the favs

No way, you are just too strong

So if Spain play Estonia in Talinn and all the fans there are rooting for Estonia that makes Estonia the favorite and Spain the underdog?

>Both sides trying to anti-jinx as hard as they can

I can feel the flows of meme magics coursing ITT :D

>Luca Toni when he was decent
When wasn't he decent?

Gotta lova Italians. It will be a close and great match.

You're being ridicolous Hans, admit that you were the favs in 2006

no one asked for your opinion, pocket knife.

This constant "there's no way we're gonna win you're too strong" is getting slightly annoying.

Germans, we all know you're gonna win, stop hiding behind literally nothing. Keep your usual cocky attitude so that we can fucking win this time too.

FUCK I DIDN'T WRITE THE SECRET

NOBODY FIGURED IT OUT IN 46 YEARS

WHAT HAVE I DONE REEEEEEE

Ok now we're gonna lose for real, you can stop jinxing it

Rude

Don't you see this is not hateful?

We already accepted we will lose this match...

You do realize Italy defeated the same team 4-1 before the World Cup? Most people assumed we would be destroyed in the group stages, the team was all hype and everyone knows it. Italians where playing for CL clubs, Germany had Oliver Neuville and Arne Friedrich.

Fucking Italians I hate you so much for your fake understating shit REEEEEEE

It's sad to see it end so soon already, at the quarterfinal stage.
We were unlucky no one could take Italy out for us this time.

Good luck against France or Iceland amici.

Friendlies are worthless. You had the Cup in your pockets dude

>You had the Cup in your pockets dude
Now you're just mocking us

Does anyone have any funny, arrogant headlines from German newspapers yet, like pic related? I like to collect them so I can repost and laugh at them whenever they lose and it seems they always do it the most whenever they play Italy like they never fucking learn.

>hamburger
>pizza
I'm getting hungry

I have an entire collection but I sadly can't share it because we're gonna lose big time

You do realize Germany defeated Italy 4-1 before the Euro?

Your team had nothing to do with the current team at the EC

>it's true that we beat you many times
you beat us not only many times, you beat us every time (friendlies not considered)

Also bist du die Schwuchtel die in den letzten Tagen Italien als Lieblingsmannschaft und Deutschland als #7 für die EM unter den letzten acht hatte? Da bin ich aber erleichtert.

Aber dennoch:

That World Cup semifinal in World Cup 2006...

Man, it was so much fucking pottery that I was almost convinced that there had to be some kind of football God controlling things.

>Germany has very little hype throughout the tournament
>They start doing well though and everyone thinks it could be some Cinderella story
>German patriotism and the sight of the German flag were beginning to become popular for the first time in ages; German identity is finally being revived
>The whole country is beginning to rediscover national pride and what it means to be German through the hopes of winning the tournament
>Only one more team separated them from the final and probably the trophy: their arch-rivals Italy
>Held to a goalless draw with just 2 minutes left
>Italy has never won a World Cup penalty shootout, while Germany has never lost one. Germany is pretty much guaranteed to win if it goes to penalties
>Then it happens...a beautiful, curling shot by Fabio Grosso to go just beyond the reach of Lehmann and curve straight into the net
>Germans are clearly heartbroken but just a tiny speck of hope left. Choking back tears, they desperately sing "schiess ein tor" as a minute left
>Then another one just to kill off all remaining hope

You just cannot write something that beautiful. Sure, stories like Leicester's are unbelievable, but it's just another underdog story that anyone could write. This story had absolutely everything. The unexpected dark horse team, the country rediscovering national pride, the climax that looks like it's going to lead to a happy ending, and then the cruel, twisted dream-killer right at the end.

shitty friendlies don't count, look what """""beating""""" Germany before the Euros did to England

Dude Spain have a better squad than Germany and you guys rekt them

Croatia beat Spain as well and where are they now?

That's what I'm trying to say squad doesn't mean anything in this kind of games

Sure we do care about England. Match against them is always something special, maybe even more than Italy

> yfw all the italians itt working mufa