TDF 2016

Hello Sup Forums,

I've not yet seen a TDF-thread, and it's starting saturday so I thought I'd start one.
Which riders are the ones to follow closely? Any young talents?
What team is going to be the strongest?

I'm not putting my money on Froome for another finish in yellow, and quite curious for the winner.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8e39EMkpTpc
inrng.com/2016/06/who-will-win-the-tour-de-france-2016/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

top 10 for skelly king

Good, I was just about to start working on a thread.
Quintana is my very controversial pick as the winner.
Hoping for Pinot on the podium.
Even though I don't like him that much, I'm looking forward to Chris Anker's comeback, especially in his free role.

also based Matti is back

Mikkel Condé will be doing his previews in Danish for a major newspaper, so I'll be probably be passing off a lot of his opinions as my own during the Tour.

Best news of them all. I love that guy. Even had a banner with his name out during Post Danmark Rundt once.

Any news on Bak? I saw the day he crashed during the giro and the interview afterwards, didn't he break a bunch of ribs?

is he ready for the tour? i haven't heard anything since the giro crash

He says he's ready and they're already talking about a two-year extension to his contract.
If there's one guy who can come back from those injuries, it's him. I don't think he would turn up if he didn't think he was ready.
He got back on his bike four days after the crash.

Dubs and Richie Porte wins

:)

2016 Tour de France favourites:
***** Froome, Quintana
**** Contador
*** Pinot, Aru
** Porte
* Bardet, Van Garderen

>tfw i'm working as policeman on the Tour on July

stop an isis happening and arrest one of those douchebags that run next to the riders

make us proud user

>arrest one of those douchebags that run next to the riders

god i wish i could do this but it would mean arrest +50 ppl on my own. every year is the same shit we're flooded by this type of faggots

>and arrest one of those douchebags that run next to the riders
As long as it's not based Didi Senft, I'm all for it.

Froome takes GC
Quintana takes Mountains
Kittel takes points/sprinter

My predictions, however I'd really like to see Steven Kruijswijk from lotto put out the effort and performance we saw from him at the giro, and I'm hoping Richie Porte can have a good race without becoming a head case too early

All hail the skeleton King. Lord of cadence.

He will leave no survivors, remember how he killed everyone last year:

youtu.be/8e39EMkpTpc

froomwinslol

>tfw your legs will never be this dry.

If Kruijswijk can stay upright. Such a shame he didn't win the giro.
I thought he wasn't sure if he was even going to ride the TDF, but I'm betting on him as top Dutchman.

>Implying he could get close to based Nibli in the downhill.

He is no madman like the shark. He doesn't have the mentality.

>le Kruijswijk meme
He's not the first rider to have two good weeks at a GT. Reminder that he didn't lose due to some unforeseen circumstances that he couldn't do anything about.
He lost due to bad technique on a descent and because he couldn't keep up on the following stages and climbs.
Descending and climbing are vital skills to anyone who wants to win a grand tour.

>Dutch cornering

>Quintana
>Controversial pick

Germany is my controversial pick to win the Euros

There are a lot fewer walls of snow and ice on the Tdf course

I think 2agan etc

are you kidding?! that's one of the most exciting parts about the tour

Fuck off the crowds are great. As logn as they don't touch the riders it's fine

I'm really pulling for sagan, he's not the best climber, but he's pretty decent all around and has come so close the last couple of years, he's super sociable and an overall great person for the sport of cycling. I really think he should be the one sack bank should be pulling for, as contador is definitely past his prime.

>I really think he should be the one sack bank should be pulling for
why?
he's not a sprint babby that needs a train.
and there's no chance of him competing with the gc climbers.

he's been my favorite rider since his first tour of california, and his versatility is impressive, but i can't see him transforming into a gc rider. much better suited for classics.

You'd getting better participation over on /n/ probably, all the cycling stuff is over there

havent followed the tour for around 4,5 years.
what happened to schleck? is contador still a top cyclist? who are the top sprinters, climbers, overall favourites?

>yfw when you remember alexander vinokourov

Sup Forums does cycling threads for all big races my new friend. There will be a thread for each stage.

In other news, INRNG preview is up

inrng.com/2016/06/who-will-win-the-tour-de-france-2016/

the gt threads here do fine once the race starts

but you're right of course.

Both schlecks are retired I believe, Andy I know for a fact