I'm currently going through opiod withdrawal, AMA

I'm currently going through opiod withdrawal, AMA

Other urls found in this thread:

drugwar.com/yabltaalies.shtm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>withdrawal
Grow a pair, faggot. And while you are doing it, g fucking kill yourself.

That doesn't seem like a question

Me too dude going on 2 days now I usually just smoke weed to help pass the time.

Why didn't you just taper off instead of going cold turkey

I'm going full cold turkey, weed just makes me want pills more. Its a poor substitute.

I'm currently high as a kite on opiates. I'm nodding and feel good.

Supply got cut off abruptly. Basically, a friend of mine got caught selling her prescriptions and got arrested. I know she has a stash somewhere, but nobody posted her bond and I'm not going snooping around

It's a good feel my man, enjoy it.

What was your daily dose?

It makes me crave as well but I can deal with that I'm not doing this by choice that's for sure.

2 oxys and 4 ultram
to even me out. Nothing really drastic, but enough to string me the fuck out when I dont have any.
I don't deal well with cravings, and when I'm high I do dumb shit, like post ads on CL looking for pills. I'm normally very careful, meticulous even, and that's a surefire way to get caught.

Try kratom i heard it helps people adjust from dropping opiods

Yeah that sucks dude sorry to hear that.
That is good that you try to cover your tracks though I've seen to many people just being careless and very open about their drug use.
That's something you should try to keep under wraps unless you have some really close friends.

My mother in law has some, I'm thinking about fessing up and asking her for what she gas left. She got hooked on hydro after she had surgery on her arm, said it worked wonders.

Little apprehensive about it though, my wife doesnt know how much I take. Just thinks I get pills from "a friend" to help when my back is acting up. I think she'd flip the fuck out if she knew I have basically been stoned since we met.

Why no suboxone noob?

>2 oxys and 4 ultram
You'll be ok.
Just go out for a long walk or something. Keep physical to beat the cravings.

I'm a year clean from 285 mg morphine a day.
Dropped a rate of 10mg a day.
Tried to an hero 4 days clean.
Took 6 months to get my nervous system/brain back inline.

Wouldn't recommend detoxing my way.

buy a bag of kratom powder borneo red vein is the best

Nobody knows about it, not even close friends or my wife. The chick I get them from I met in a bar like 5 years ago. We screwed once, I saw all the pills she had and she became my dealer.

Tried doing the whole cheeky, "if you want it you have to give me something" thing the first time I came back over, and I nipped that shit in the bud.
Don't have any/access to any
Thanks, I'm trying to keep active. I could have very easily been that deep, but I've been very careful with my dosage. I handle money for a living, so I can't be too zonked out.

To add on at my peak I was at around 2 oxy, 2 hydro and nearly 8 ultram (100mg) a day. Basically drooling on myself at times. Drove to a house I haven't lived in for 10 years one night after work, realized I needed to get my shit under control.

>zonked out
Here's the thing people don't understand.
You don't get high when you're in pain.
I had WD cravings for the last year at least an hour before my next doses, but I was fully functional.

But Christ once I got clean I had to get used to my whole nervous system again. My brain felt like swiss cheese for a while.

Just saw this.
Stay healthy m8.

i kicked a 1.5-2g/day H habit a couple years ago... lots of water, gatorade, weed, take a B-complex and a B-12 supplement, use large doses of immodium to manage the GI symptoms... I doesn't really cross the blood-brain barrier, but i swear with large doses, it did help with some of the psych stuff... then i just tapered off that. Hang in there, you can do it.

i have seen a video of a soldier he got shoot
they gave him, morpine and he was so high he was singing the whole time

(sorry for bad english)

you can get high while your in pain but you wont get high when you are in serious withdrawal

Apparently people have been taking massive amounts of immodium upwards of 200mg and at that point the metabolites or something is crossing the bb barrier. It's also insanely cardiotoxic. Imo never take more than like 40mg of that shit to stave off physical wds. I'm 6 months sober from a massive oxy and h habit ama

I forgot to mention, i did use suboxone for the first 3 days... but you shouldn't need that for those doses, it'll mess w/ ur head and all, but just know you'll be feeling better after a week or so and you'll back to totally normal after a month-ish. I also took a couple days off work and basically didn't leave my apartment for anything

Thanks man, maybe I'll take this chance to get clean of the shit. I'm too paranoid to find a new dealer, don't want to get a script, and too paranoid now to go back to a dealer who got busted. I have a lot of pill heads in my family and I know that as soon as I start getting a prescription are going to be banging down my door, plus I just don't want it on my insurance for my whole HR Dept to see.
Thanks for the advice, it's only been 2 days so I'm just now at the, really sleepy and antsy, stage. Haven't started on the depression, sickness stage yet. Hoping I can get through that okay.
I'm making an assumption but I think user had cancer, and thats a lot different than getting a morphine shot directly into your bloodstream. But yes, that shit makes them feel GOOD, saw it more than once in Iraq.

That sounds incredibly retarded. Don't really have a whole lot of questions, but congrats, that shit is hard to kick.

2 days is good user but it's going to come and go for a very long time. You need a plan for what you're going to do once wds are gone. But yeah magnesium will help a lot it's one of the main things opiates suck out of you. Take as many vitamins as you can stomach and keep hydrated. Probiotics might help too if you're digestion was as destroyed as mine.

agreed, sorry forgot to mention doses, i started at around 30-40mg twice a day and tapered down from there over like 10 days

yes the withdrawal just stop

Thanks man. I don't subscribe to the whole Na you're an addict for life thing but I know I still have a long way to go to avoid falling back into an addiction trap. But goddamn was it worth the struggle so far. Did you guys know humans can feel emotions and happiness? It's pretty cool. Also yeah immodium is for retards who dont understand kratom

>I don't subscribe to the whole Na you're an addict for life thing

na is a clone of aa so this still applies

drugwar.com/yabltaalies.shtm

"...the primary misconceptions regarding AA are that:

1. AA is the most effective (or the only) way to deal with an alcohol problem.
2. AA existed from the start as an independent organization.
3. AA’s co-founder, Bill Wilson, independently devised AA’s “program,” its 12 steps.
4. AA is “spiritual, not religious.”
5. AA is a completely voluntary organization-AA works by “attraction, not promotion.”
6. AA has nothing to do with “outside enterprises” or “related facilities.”
7. AA takes no position on matters of “public controversy.”

>Thanks man, maybe I'll take this chance to get clean of the shit. I'm too paranoid to find a new dealer, don't want to get a script, and too paranoid now to go back to a dealer who got busted. I have a lot of pill heads in my family and I know that as soon as I start getting a prescription are going to be banging down my door, plus I just don't want it on my insurance for my whole HR Dept to see.
You've got a lot of reasons there to stay clean. It's more of a hassle to use in your instance.
I wish you success.
Keep level headed.

Also: I was never in my life so bone chilling cold.
I'd take the skin crawling - muscle twitching any day over that.

I think my tract is good I shit around twice a day which is par for the course for my entire life. Funny how your body can't shake habits like that. In the morning and before bed, ever day like clockwork, started in Basic Training, because that was basically the only time we had enough time to take a shit so you had better or regret it all day and all night.

I haven't decided my path yet, I'm very good at managing it (I'm sure every junkie thinks this) but it is a liability. I'll keep what you said in mind.
Which brings me to my next point, should I just get a script? Doctors hand that shit out like candy, especially to middle aged (32) middle class white men like myself, and I take a pretty small dosage that I haven't changed in almost 2 years. Should I just do it legally and enjoy it, since I'm doing manageable amounts? Or is my junkie brain telling me lies?

It's a cult for people who have no self reliance. It's a way for people to justify relapse and generally being a miserable peice of shit that seek help only in others. And generally the others are just going through the motions without any actual effort. It's so retarded I could go on for a while on why NA is terrible choice for anyone that's read a fucking book in their life.

Hey I just saw what your dose was. You literally just dipped a toe into the deep ass pool that is opiate addiction. If you do get a doctor please go to a real pain management doctor. They can be a huge pain in the ass but they have to be in order to corral the beast.

I agree with you honestly. The problem with AA and NA is they replace addiction with sobriety as their obsession, and it rarely works. They do nothing but talk about drugs and drink, and talk about nothing other than how happy they are to be sober. Then they relapse. Why? Because they had nothing else in their lives to live for, to enjoy. Their existence still revolves around their addiction.

People give me dirty looks when I make a face or roll my eyes when someone brings it up, but I can't be the only one who sees that it doesnt work.

I mean I do actually have pain, so maybe that's not a horrible idea. I'm on the "banned" list at the VA hospital for some stupid shit I did right after I got out and was all Agent Orange and shit, so I get to actually pick my own doctors now. I just never went to see one because I've been buying them from my dealer for the past 5 years. She called me her old hound dog, same thing, same time, same price, every other week. Tried a bunch to get me to take other shit or smoke some shit, but I always told her no.

Full house checkd btw

The question is: why are you still alive?

You aren't. And they view anyone that doesn't go full bore into their steps are someone that must want to be a dirty junkie for life. I agree completely with the obsession thing. It's truly trading in a physical addiction for a social disease. And they're so terrified of themselves and constantly reinforcing it to each other. Dont walk down the street alone or heroin will jump into your blood!! Ur powerless dawg!!

What kind of pain? Because I do too. Bad osteoarthritis related to a blood disease I have. It still wasn't bad enough to justify taking what I got my naive general practice doctor to give me. It's good that you had self control it's just a question of do you Really need it because it's not worth it unless you quality of life is shit because of pain. Also how did you do the pills? Route of administration I mean

Because I like video games and schritching my dog's neck, why would I want to die?
That last bit got a chuckle, I know exactly what you're talking about. It's really aggravating to be around, and I couldn't even imagine living like that. It's no wonder a lot of them an hero, carrying that weight around.

>should I just get a script?
That's one of the reasons I quit.
I knew my dose was too high - and my Dr would write for more, as he did. I had a Hell of a stock pile left over.
The hassle of picking up my script and getting it filled was getting to me.
Always worrying about his time off schedule and Pharmacy's not keeping it in stock, even when I told them I'd be in every month weighed on my mind.

But I knew I'd be fucked if I got cut off. So I did it myself.
I'm still in a lot of pain and have mobility issues. Can't plan anything 'cuz I can't commit to doing it, but I accept that over getting my Rx filled stress.

I wouldn't do it if I were you.

Join the club, I have subs I'm just hoping to get shit soon and don't want to push through the naloxone.

oh wait i'm super smarter than OP and use needles and dope.

I have a fucked disk in my back, but can manage it with a minimum of around 4 ultram a day, the rest is just for kicks. And I take 1oxy, 2ultram in the morning, 1more ultram at lunch, then 1oxy and 1ultram after dinner to relax and sleep better.
I guess it boils down to my self control huh? That's a tough decision honestly. I feel like I'm in control, but I'm also aware I'm addicted and rationalizing. I've been around junkies my whole life, I know the cycle and the mental gymnastics.

You all have given me a lot to think about.

I've never known someone to suck dick for hydrocodone. Have fun though.

Ultram is probably all you would get anyway and isn't exactly dangerous considering if you take too much you'll just seize out. But yeah man wait like 6 months to a year imo. let your mind repair itself and then decide. Anything else is likely to be motivated by craving.

>I feel like I'm in control, but I'm also aware I'm addicted and rationalizing.
Then maybe you need a distraction from that when you start thinking about it. Something positive.

user posted above about how he's feeling emotions and happiness now that he's clean and "It's cool". I agree. I think if people could use that as their high they'd realize they don't need the other lifestyle.

You'll be ok. I get a good feeling about you.

*2 I could manage it with 2 a day, typo

Same here about the good feeling. Especially if hes only at day 2 and thinking this clearly. Just remember to stay mindful op. Always critically examine why you're doing things and you'll be able to suss out the truth.