Thinking about giving up soda

Thinking about giving up soda.
It tastes so good but there's nothing good about them.
>How fast do you see results after quitting soda?
>What are some tasty alternatives? I can't drink coffee all the time, Tea is never appealing to me, I tried some lemon-lime carbonated water and it tasted like Diet Sin
>Juices? Water additives? Carbonated Drinks?

C'mon guys don't lemme die.

Ill give you a bump

I hope you realize that you can cut back without having to give it up entirely.

But to answer your question I would go with juices.

Good alternatives no clue really, I moved straight to water
The negative results are almost next day. Depending on how much you drink the lack of sugar will make you tired, crippling headaches and/or muscle pain (I always got an ache in my lower left neck/left shoulder area), constipation and even insomnia. The effects come on worst after say three days. After that it takes about a week to get some form of normality back

Maybe with meals or something I'll have a glass of Coke, but hopefully that's it. Can't beat popcorn and cola.

drink beer

i kinda just quit drinking soda i have about one a month, i drink coffee and water now, soda is awful.

One thing I did notice is if you cut out most sugar for a week or two and then have a lot in one or two days you'll shit your guts out

Find a juice you like and you'll be fine. Flavored water/water additives I'm told are pretty decent but I never bothered.

Personally I just went with tea. Red tea mostly, none of this "proper British" crap (i hate that shit).

I wish I liked tea, but I'm almost never in the mood for tea - hot or cold. Maybe I can't get with the natural flavor and mucked it up too much, I dunno.

Kompot bro
Better than soda

caronated water is shit even how much taste you give it. I guess you can get used to it, but just rather stick to regular water (either with some kind of taste or just tap water)
I like ice tea but I guess that is no better than soda.
Some times if i fucking bother i will mix regular water with bottled lemon juice and its not too bad.
Its a normal thing around here to buy a bottle of juice where you mix 1 to 9 with juice and water and you get this tasty water. Idno man. Give up extra snacks instead. its easier.

Did you ever think of water? Fucking hamplanet

Vagina juice.

>>How fast do you see results after quitting soda?
Lost 5kg in three months (also cut out ketchup, mayo and similar bullshit) and got back to normal weight.
>What are some tasty alternatives?
Don't be a faggot and just stick to plain old water, it'll taste like heaven on earth after a few weeks, especially if you're exercising.

Buy a blender and learn to make your own juices/smoothies every once in a while. Make it a habit to grab a bottle of water and just drink it. If your doing anything demanding, drink a water.

You will have a lot of negative effects to begin with (craving for soda, cravings for sweets, you will feel more hungry)

Personally I drink tap water (gym, running etc. there is absolutely no need for anything more)

When working or relaxing just put a little bit of lemon in a jug, or recently I planted mint in a pot near the window and put a bunch of leaves into my glass
thats really nice

Juice is just as bad as soda. Sometimes worse depending on the type of juice with regard to sugar content.

It's an addiction, for sure. I'm not surprised to hear about your "withdrawal" symptoms.

OP, do it. Soda is bad for you in a bunch of ways. The high sugar content delivered in a liquid form without any fiber means the sugar hits your blood super fast (this is also the problem with juice). The sugar has to be broken down into its constituent monosaccharides, one of which is glucose. This means your pancreas works overtime and your insulin levels spike. Insulin is a signaling hormone for a lot of different stuff and spikes of insulin, as well as chronically high levels of insulin will fuck your shit right up. That says nothing about the fructose, which only your liver can metabolize. Huge doses of fructose can lead to fatty liver disease (alcoholics develop this). Plus the sugar is food for bacteria that rot your teeth. Also, many colas have phosphoric acid (Coke USA good example) that erodes your enamel and softens your teeth. On top of all of that, the sweet taste activated the reward pathways in your brain, which leads to addiction and can alter your palate to prefer sweeter, shittier foods. Soda is bad for you. Really bad. Give it up cold turkey. In fact, adopt a low sugar diet. It will suck for the first few months until you break your addiction and your palate changes, but after that you'll feel better, sleep better, lose weight, have more energy and live longer.

/thread. stop being a cunt and drink a glass of water. i hear this bullshit all the time, "tasty alternatives to soda fuck water juice and tea".
>so basically fuck everything that isn't soda
>but also fuck soda too
>give me examples of shit that is also soda
>so i can quit without actually quitting

Juice is "just as bad as soda" if you're only looking at sugar content and nothing else. What about vitamins and other nutrients? I guess that shit doesn't matter in a balanced diet, amirite?

Fuck off. If you're worried about nutrition, eat the fruit rather than drink the fruit juice. Saying that it has vitamins and minerals doesn't justify it, it's bad for you.

>How fast do you see results after quitting soda?
It won't be too noticable, but you'll seen an improvement in you weight and emotionally.
>What are some tasty alternatives? I can't drink coffee all the time, Tea is never appealing to me, I tried some lemon-lime carbonated water and it tasted like Diet Sin
Get on the green tea hype train. Lemon green tea is pretty good cold. Other alternatives are water, fruit juice - although these also have a lot of sugar so don't drink to often.

But you will be more successful at cutting soda's out of your diet if at first you just moderate yourself. Have a single can a day and eventually one every two days. After about 3 weeks, you'll probably cut them out all together.
Remember, soda is only good for the 5 mins you are drinking it, if you think you'll change for the better not drinking soda, then you should cut it out.

I still drink water quite a lot, just not nearly as much as I should compared to soda. I've just always had a thing for drinks that I can enjoy, which is why I was seeking something tasty to drink instead.

After a while of drinking water, you will be accustomed to it and will like it. You will miss the sugar, but only for a short time.