How come people say noise isn't music but no ever says the same about ambient/drone? They're pretty similar

How come people say noise isn't music but no ever says the same about ambient/drone? They're pretty similar.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qX_1AdQUE4U
youtube.com/watch?v=wPGBIVpBx5M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

noise is not a genre, it's a style

Noise is literally antithesis of music

It's literally in the name user it's "noise"

ok but what about ambient/drone? it's practically the same as noise but people call that music?

It's music because it obviously has a melody.
>Nevertheless this is some good bait you have going on here user

You're correct. however music doesn't need a melody to be "music", therefore even noise is music, as un-musical as it is.

>They're pretty similar.
kek. call them crap or good but no, not the same

READ
A
FUCKING
BOOK

this is what no one seems to get. Noise is not even really that hard to get into if you approach it in the same way as ambient: based in texture, atmosphere, and dynamics.

if noise doesn't click, listen to it quieter.

not an argument

no u tripshit

sage

friendo pls

Because of the name mostly. And that it's loud and harsh generally, while ambient/drone is the oppopsite

also this

Noise is interesting music without melody, rhythm, or harmony. It still is organized sounds, which is the most basic definition of music. Ambient or drone are appreciated in a similar way, though ambient can have rhythm, melodies and harmonies, ambient is pleasant and drone is meant to be dissociative and more hypnotic. Noise is great, but most people can't appreciate it.

Actually, it's been proven that male born people have a predisposition to liking harsh noise. I'm not saying girls can't or don't, but they are the biological exception to the rule. My cousin

Everyone itt needs to hear merzbuddha or any of the similar albums merzbow did

merzbuddha is the only good melodic thing merzbow did

Fugg, I saw this exact text posted on one of those Sup Forums meme pages on Facebook that I totally don't subscribe to.

Is it a pasta or something?

The challenge of noise is being memorable without melodies, harmonies or rhythms. Almost no noise achieves a capacity to perplex, confuse, scare and above all surprise and entertain. Good noise is as attractive and immersive as any good other kind of music.

literally 10 seconds of googling showed me it was a pasta

Yeah essentially its artistic music regardless of lacking melody and song structure

>everybody itt needs to hear merzbow's album most divergent from noise to truly understand noise

filtered

its a good entry point dood

Ben frost is only good noise musician

Jesus Christ when did Sup Forums become so fucking full of plebs and newfags?

I'm not implying noise music is amazing or anything, but it /is/ still music.

Fucking retards.

My bad, misinterpreted your point

This post is literally antithesis of noise

music is organized sound

autism

lol

Mu has been full of plebs and newfags for a long fucking time my dude

Harsh noise listeners ITT explain yourselves.

it sound neato

nobody enjoys listening to noise you pretentious moron.
the only thing good about noise is when it's cleverly implemented into songs. anything else is just babby finding out how to turn the EQ knobs for the first time.

>nobody enjoys listening to noise you pretentious moron

Nah I definitely enjoy it. It's not for everyone though.

Listening to it is like listening to ambient music for me. You can put it on and let it sit in the background, or you can concentrate on it and enjoy it's textures and subtitles. And just like ambient music, there is a ton of shit in the genre. It's because conceptually it is a really easy sound to create.

You can take anything, put it through a heavy compressor, pitch it up, distort it, and call it noise music. But it doesn't make it good. Just like with ambient music, you can sit there, find a default pad sound and reverb effect and play two notes over the course of 10 minutes and call it ambient. But again, it doesn't make it good.

It's aiiight. I feel like I always have to convince myself to """"""""appreciate"""""" it though.

What does this qualify as?

>Rainer Veil
youtu.be/qX_1AdQUE4U

I think of it as a spectrum between noise and tonality, on one side you have merzbow, on the other, la monte young

You're not wrong though, they share similarities

>listening to things because you enjoy them

That's a better way of putting it.

Either way I think it's a spectrum of sound many people don't really have exposure to, so they can feel pretty lost.

Why do people think noise doesn't have rhythm or melody? Its completely dependent on the branch of noise your listening. If your considering just harsh noise or experimental noise then yeh this assumption is almost acceptable.

As for OP's question, yes noise is music, pretty obvious idk why people say it isn't, its just music that uses noise distortion. Noise differs from drone in that its usually has notes at higher freq and shorter sustain times. Also ambient/drone is more minimal.

It's funny that plebs would say Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima isn't music, but in the context of The Shining for example, they would say that it's movie music.
They cannot comprehend the idea of listening to actual horror music on its own.

What book?

))))))))))))
))))))))))))
))))))))))))
))))))))))))
))))))))))))

post some noise senpai

youtube.com/watch?v=wPGBIVpBx5M