Do you ever feel like the best years of your life have already passed and now you're just kind of existing?

do you ever feel like the best years of your life have already passed and now you're just kind of existing?

I honestly haven't been happy in like 5 or 6 years

Other urls found in this thread:

goo.
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes.

Everyday. Some days feel better though.

What's the solution? This is exactly how I feel

never had any 'best years' unless you can count like 10-12

I remember the last time I was happy and I know exactly what I need to be happy and I know it ain't much but I can't seem to get shit in this life. I'm so sick of losing, so sick of being invisible, so sick of having to play someone else's fucking game

You're wasting your life, and the only one to blame is yourself.

It's such a crazy world
Where anything goes down
And most of what appears isn't true

So in this crazy world
I like to be around
And laugh at life along with you

Sometimes.
Then I get some sleep, or I go for a run, and it's over.
There's a Zen principle that's very useful for these situations: focus on the here and now, anything else either never will exist or is already over.

I haven't been happy for 3 years.

>I've been feeling a bit better lately though.

goo.
gl/57LLlQ

Living in the past is depressing. Thinking about the future makes you anxious. So be present everything has brought you to now. I am getting better and better with polishing psychic abilities.

I'm 19 and cannot remember a high point, I'd just survived, never lived, but at least I have people that care about me, even if I don't any more.

I never had a "good year"
life is but an endless nightmare of ongoing horrors and pain
> get me off this ride

Yup, I went from banging sluts having an awesome job, getting wasted every weekend with a bunch of friends to working a boring ass 9-5 job and coming home to my wife who hasn't had sex with me in two years. Think I need to start having an affair to spice up my life again.

Take it from me, OP. I'm 26 years old and I wasted my entire life

>I'm 19

Come back when your actually an adult you fucking pussy

Yup; 31 and I have nothing left to live for, safe for a girl that loves me. Otherwise I'd drink myself to a broken liver for sure.

The solution is to an hero. There's some evidence that we respawn, so you can an hero, respawn, and be happy and then repeat the process.

She knows how I feel by the way, last week she didn't find me home when she came over, my phone was off and she thought I'd thrown myself out of my window because it was wide open.

I went drinking with some friends until I felt sick, but it just as easily could have been the window.

Yeah and you will see when you get really old. You will know the loneliness. I knew it for years but no one escapes it. It will come to you one day. Then you will realise that this is ten times worst than not having a gf and being a little bitch about it.

>some evidence that we respawn
I missed that lecture, can you fill me in?

I agree.

The no gf was frustrating, but not as toxically depressive as the true, depressed existential crisis that hit me these days.

I AM A WORK IN PROGRESS

Is it possible to just get that out of the way early?
Cause the first bit of my life was pretty shitty, and I've more or less been on the rise from there.

He was merely leading you the way: we are your friends now. Embrace it. Embrace us. There is no escape.

You could perhaps stop it from happening if you magically hit the button of satisfaction by means of work or art, but most people never get there because they all too well realize death is waiting and we just dealing with an exercise towards the end.

>tfw almost 24
>tfw only had like 2 gfs for about a month each when I was like 15
>tfw no friends
>tfw wagecuck because I have a loan to pay off

If it wasn't for my parents I'd probably kill myself. I couldn't imagine putting them through that but for the last few years my life has JUST

Yes

>31yo
>Spain
>born with an anxiety disorder
>moved 7 times from 10yo to 20yo
>my family lost the financial support we had at first because my dad did something illegal.
>mom had anger issues.

>couldn't go to collegue
>i have huge regrets over a girl that liked me when I was 15yo but that I pushed away without realizing it, as I had huge anxieties and lack lf self-esteem.
>had a job in 2008 but right when i thought i was healing the crisis came.
>+20% unemployment here.

I also feel the "best years" of my life are gone, but it's even worse in my case because i feel I wasted my youth.

Now I'm gonna get insulted, blamed, as it happens usually to me here. Without understanding my situation, and how things work in Spain. I admit I'm partially responsible for my shit but it's not that i had it easy didn't i?

Life is about perspective. Look at the highest and lowest points in your life and objectively try to decide if it's really all that bad or if you're just depressed. I'm 24 now, I was in a hard way about 5 years ago, knocked some bitch I hated up, racked up child support debt, moved out of state, started dating a high maintenance chick, wound up homeless and jobless and basically systematically destroyed myself for almost a year but I finally decided to stop doing what I wanted to do and did what I needed to for awhile because I realized in comparison to the people around me I wasn't that bad off and just did what I needed to do to not be a piece of shit and therefore not feel like one.

Long story short, just buckle the fuck down and suck it up. Nobody will give you happiness, nobody will hand you a ticket to the easy train and you will not get anywhere by bitching. If you want something, make it happen. If you're unhappy, just change it. If you treat yourself like shit or act like shit, then that's what you are.

It's actually that easy to just change it. One push to shift the momentum.

No because i have goals? literally wut. KYS

its cuz you're likely scared to pursue what you actually want from the world.

at least you experienced teenage love.

Yeah, I know you won't believe me when I say this, but I've pretty much accepted that I'll die someday.
I've been close to death 3 times in my life, and the last one I didn't meet with fear, but I was absolutely calm; which, ironically, saved my life.
Right now, I just wanna soak it all up, the good and bad, fuck living in fear.

me too: I'm

We are almost literally the same, difference that I am Dutch. I feel you spainbro. I don't know what to say. If you are looking for something, look for therapy of any kind to make the passing days feel somewhat more acceptable.

the universe is a closed system with a finite amount of particles. Given infinite time, those particles should eventually create every reality ever, including the one where you remember killing yourself to get to the next life

Look at you, you little bitches crying about no gf, no fweends, life wasted and all that crap when you are under 35, shit, you shouldn't be allowed to speak until 50, fucking brats thinking THEY have it hard cause can't grow a pair and get laid, wait little fuckers. You just wait.

You should soak it up.

It is not the fear of death though, it is the drag of the inevitable, the pointlessness of investment in anything.

Go on...

Pretty much.

At least you can get a job there.

Thanks for the cheers. It makes me feel im' not alone with this.

I feel this way Monday through friday. Then I'm happy Saturday and Sunday.
I wonder if it's work related?

You're assuming that that configuration is you instead of a copy.
I think consciousness is an emergent property, or that it isn't a structure of matter, but a process carried out by matter.
I think once that process ceases, you cease.
Forever.

sounds like somebody has a case of the Mondays

quads of truth

well, theoretically speaking, there is a finite amount of ways to arrange the particles in the universe, meaning stuff has to repeat eventually. This is of course assuming the universe is finite, and time is infinite. It's like the air in a room has a finite probability of all being shoved in one corner. It's never going to happen, but with infinite time it should

Same here man :(

True, there is some work here, I am deemed unemployable though through depression, anxiety and to top it off a recent diagnosis of the autisms. There is no real hope, but I just try to cook everyday and appreciate the small bullshit that passes by everyday. Until the next bill arrives. Until another season ends.

At this point I am even to apathetic to kill myself. I feel that in some ways I have died already.

Do you remember the last time a friend texted you?

Checked.

That's true but it's also energy which means it can be transferred or really, will be. So where does it go? Recycled???

Inb4 heaven
Inb4 chitullu

I think that the struggle is what makes it worth it.
You'd never know how much of a simple pleasure it is to simply look at something when you thought you were going to be dead forever, but you were spared that fate, however temporarily.

I was unhappy for unknown amount of years. Now I'm 24 and just becoming happy so nope yall just look at reality through darkness.

no

I hope eventually something triggers in your life that makes you feel better.

I think I cannot even afford to be apathetic as I'm very judgamental about myself and I have several pains about my past.

Btw, got my mind on you, the depression and anxiety truly sucks, i think normal people cannot really understand how bad it is.

good luck dutchbro

29 here.....haven't been happy since I was 8.....dad died and everything went downhill ever since

>>I want off this ride

me

yes

I have no energy left.
I have to wake up at 6am and I am home at 5pm. Then I need to clean and cook etc. Then I must sleep at 10 pm. Every single day is shit. I hate everything about my life. I know I'm a shit but I got no energy to fix it. I should really end it but like most people that hate their life I am scared of death.

Here's an interesting thought experiment.
Somehow, a wizard has managed to create two exact copies of you, down to the quanta and whatever interactions they're undergoing.
They are essentially using the exact same "hardware", running the exact same "software", all in the same configuration.
Which one is you?
If both of them are you, is your consciousness doubled?
Interested in what you think.

:(

are you me?

I feel you, user.

Same to you my friend, thank you for the encouraging words and the reality check concerning anxiety and depression. I can't help you but tell you I will go to bed now thinking a couple of hundred kilometers down south there is a bro in dire conditions who needs a warm shoulder and a safety net, and that I will hope for you.

Yeah. I've lost half my sigh t. Arteries are all clogged up so I can't walk without shit tons of pain. Hearing aids cause I m deaf. False teeth too. I miss being healthy. Fuck t his getting old shit. It s u cks.

same here but with no job and probably being even more shit than you:

I have these feels

honestly no. I waited until I was 26 to start college and the idiots I go to school with can't learn worth a shit. You'll be fine bro. There's always time.

Cheers. Sleep tight.

he's thinking about it lol.
you know what I would. that trap is cuter than any of the bitches I've pulled in a long time.

i just want to find a girl who isnt a normie

24 here

Been on Sup Forums since new years eve 2006

>Have job but since Sup Forumsro's encouraged having gf's back in the day, I've had my fair share of women.
>Never actually been able to hold down a relationship.
>Everyone else I know who getting married, having kids and moving away.

My last shot in life is moving to Budapest in September, starting a new life.

Hopefully I'll meet a woman and settle down.

If not, I'm going to ''off'' myself by 26

I can't handle being alone anymore.
Waking up in the morning fucking sucks.

Nope. I was depressed and anxious constantly when I was younger. Now I make good money and have a good woman.

As if those two things make up for the void that is life. The void that is depression. Normie pls.

do some oxy

One more thing, that all depends on how you think the universe will end.
If it's heat death, then there's no more disparity in energy, which means nothing will ever happen again.
The particles are just too spread out to do anything.
The only way what you're describing could happen is if gravity turns out to have the most force at the end, and pulls everything back together for The Big Crunch.
But given the accelerating expansion of the universe, we have no reason to believe that will happen.

I was right there. My education is high school diploma, college failure. Now i earn about 165k. And my life rocks. AMA

26 is too soon to give up. If you have a work, keep up until you're 35 at least.

Marrying and having kids isn't that great, why would you want that at this point of your life?

I'm 48.

Whether you wake up alone or not, you always wake up with yourself. That fact is obvious, but the implications are not.

I guess it would be whichever one you were before he made the copy.

No, I'm double depressed now

Charles??

im a huge failure

I just feel like I'm fading away at chances of meeting a decent woman & being happy

So how would you function?
Would you control both at once?
Would you be able to differentiate between the bodies?

nope, the past was shit, today is shit, and the future will be shit

come to /r9k/

It is obvious you don't know real, clinical depression. Anxiety. Personality disorders. There is no buckling up there. There is only going from treatment to treatment hoping for a fucking miracle before you die.

That doesn't make sense. Unlike meYou seem to have built a decent life with a work and all of that. From 26 to 35 a lot of things can happen to you, why would with 26 be an age to feel as that?

try to be optimistic, because honestly I see no reason why you'll end up alone dude. Cheers.

>implying that meeting a decent woman & being happy are synonymous
Don't hang your hopes for happiness on a person.
They're just as human as you are.

I wouldn't
no
no

No.

It's people with that attitude who ruined /r9k/

It's just full of 18 year old post highschool autistics

life is gross , you get older and realize what a fucking sham it is

work money bills

rich get rich poor stay enslaved, oppressed , and depressed and stressed

My biggest problem is that I have NO motivation. Whenever I start a new project I never finish it. I am doomed because i will always give up no matter what. How can I fix that? I can be 100% on different projects for weeks and everything is going well then one day I just feel bad and I give up everything. I just give up for months then I start over the same fuckign process. I've been dooing this shit for 10 years now. I'm fucking done.

So, repeat this:

When I am by myself I am never alone

Masturbation is sex with someone I love

You guys need to stop being so hard on yourselves. Understand that you owe nothing to noone. If you feel trapped in a situation, just walk out. I know you may feel the world's judgement upon your shoulders, but you gotta just 100% ignore that. Nobody matters more than yourself. Do exactly as you feel like. Freely ask critics to go fuck themselves, no matter who they are.

I'm just trying to finish school then get the fuck out of here.. i wish i didn't waste so much time when i was younger but fuck it it is what it is. ill probably join the army since i have no idea what i want to do in the future and at least it'll give me discipline experience and something to do with my life. if i get killed fuck it at least i died doing something with a purpose.

Fucking this

20 yo high school dropout. I've lost connection with people. The only thing that really still gets me going is the guitar and drugs to some extent. (Nothing heavy) I plan on making music with a band.