Why am I wrong?

Why am I wrong?

It's not of A =. 5 because that would make it equal and if that's the case the first part would be incorrect. I can't find a solution.

Are you retarded?

i can't explain in english, but switching the a and 2 to the other side makes the '>'
switch into '

How is this confusing. Plug in any value for a that makes the first part true and it will always be greater than 2

Yeah, but the app says that's wrong. It's saying there is a number for A where it is less than two. Which can only happen of a is less than one but if that's so, then the first part of the question isn't true.
Your solution?

What's with the floating dots between the numbers? Never had to deal with that shit before.

A can be 1 you fucking idiot. A=1. You people need to go to school.

New symbol for multiplication

It's not. No is the correct answer. It is saying that 4*a is not always greater than 2*1.

The green is the correct answer.

Obviously I can reason that 4*a should always be larger than 2. But the correct answer is that it isn't always larger and I can't figure out why.

check your math?

maybe?

>New symbol for multiplication

Thanks.

So why the fuck is this a thing?

Also, if a is one, then 4 over 2 is 2 which is greater than 1 over 1, being one. In this case, 4X1(a) is greater.

This is driving me insane. How the fuck is it no? No number makes the first true without also making the second true, but the app says the first part an be true and the second false at the same time. The app is wrong or something.

The app is saying that 4*a can be smaller than 2*1. I don't get how.

a could be negative, so the statement isn't always true.

a = 5.01
2>1.996
2.004>2

It's not new, mathematicians have been using a dot for multiplication for a long time. It's not fucking new at all.

Listen to this nigga.

JESUS FUCK I'M RETARDED. How did I not think of that....guess a day at worked fried my brain. Thanks user.
/thread

That is fucking retarded. If A was anything other than 1, it would only lower the total of 1 over A (make the outcome 1/2, 1/3 ect....) and raise the total of 4XA.

What the fuck logic are you running?

a=.501

You are not retarded. Inequalities are little betches, that's all.

Im tired meant .501

New?!

A can be a negative

its not that complicated. app is wrong.

if a is anything less than .5 (or 1/2), then 4*a is greater than 2*1.

4/2 === 1/.5
4/2 < 1/.49

what is the domain of a?
natty, int, real?

I don't really know if if A can be negative. I thought A was strictly a value which was inherently positive unless it had a - next to it.

However I DO know that trying to use anything other than a whole number in finalized equation is dumb as fuck.

if it is natural numbers the answer is Yes if it is integers answer is No because a may be negative

why didn't you click "view solution" ?

If it were equal, a would be .5

For the initial to be true a must be greater than .5

.5*4=2*1

Therefore since a is greater than .5 it will always be bigger than 2

4*0.25=1
You're welcome

4 * -1 < 2

>I thought A was strictly a value which was inherently positive unless it had a - next to it.
>However I DO know that trying to use anything other than a whole number in finalized equation is dumb as fuck.
You're dumb as fuck.

This. Wtf man

Consider a=-1.

try the number -1 kiddo

If you use -1 you need to change the > into <
Tard

You're the tard. That's for A>B⇔-A

Underrated

exactly my slow friend. The whole point of the question is if you can assume the second equation to be true which you can not unless "a" is a natural number

It's saying for all values of a where the first equation is true, it follows that the second equation can never be true

Post pic of this button click.

it says if it's greater

nigger.

You're correct OP.

Multiply both sides by (2/4) and "a" and you get:
a>0.5
Plug in any value of "a" that is greater than 0.5 in the left hand inequality and it will return as "true".

App is retarded.

If you cross multiply they're the same, so yes

*Right hand inequality. I can't write for shit.

Actually it's asking that if the first inequality is true for all a in R then the second equation is true for all a in R.

I'd assume the question means for a to be in R because exercises like this are typically to prepare students for domains and codomains of continuous functions.

This is a logic question. For the first to be true, 'a' is any number less than, but not equal to 0.5. Following on from that, if 'a' is less than 0.5, the second cannot be correct