ITT: Essential Noise Rock

ITT: Essential Noise Rock

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&genres=Noise Rock&include_child_genres=t&include=both&limit=none&countries=
pitchfork.com/news/69857-the-jesus-and-mary-chain-releasing-first-new-album-in-over-18-year
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Atomizer is better.

link pls

or is it the metal band that keeps popping up?

>JAMC
>Noise Rock

How is it not

i guess its technically noise pop but whatever

also pic related

Not him, but I got the entire Big Black discography from a sketchy torrent site.

I found some on soulseek though. Thanks

Nigga that is Shoegaze

How is this noise rock?
Or is this a meme I'm missing

No it's not

they sound absolutely nothing alike

better described as noise pop. no use comparing it to jesus lizard, big black and that sort of thing

meh

It's proto-shoegaze

Lol yes it is

Psychocandy is noise rock, whether you Albini-Fellatio-ers like it or not. But here's a better pick anyway

Everybody post your favorite album not in the top 100

rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&genres=Noise Rock&include_child_genres=t&include=both&limit=none&countries=

my man

My favorite of all-time is technically an EP (Scratch Acid), so it wouldn't appear in that list regardless but otherwise there's too many to choose from

But to make it easier on myself, I'm just going to list some all-time favorites that are on that list but starting from 101...

>107: Face of Collapse
>111: Unsane (what the fuck, this is one of the best noise rock albums ever and yet this band has other albums that are derivative of it ranked higher?)
>114: Consumer Revolt
>170: Punishment Room
>177: Mindshaft
>210: Soul Discharge (one of my all-time favorite albums, noise rock or otherwise)
>286: Twelve Point Buck (expected this to be way higher)
>371: Greed (? I thought RYM loved Swans? this is one of their best albums)
>578: NYC Ghosts & Flowers (even though it's better than most of their post-80's albums, it gets rated so low)
>740: Merry Go Round (okay, fuck this site...how the fuck is this not in the Top 50 at least?)

Jesus, that was disgusting

that's a noise pop album

was already my favorite noise rock album anyway

it has nothing to do with thinking albini is better

sonically they are completely different, which is why jamc is better described as noise pop

Anything by Brainiac or Six Finger Satellite. Surprised they're not in the Top 100 desu, there's way more obscure stuff in there.

ive extensively listened to black hole/black canvas and little lucid moments, but never thought of delving further into their discog. what albums do you recommend i move to next?

>Rapeman - Two Nuns and a Pack Mule
in addition to the other Steve Albini posted
>Jesus Lizard
>Butthole Surfers
>Scratch Acid
>US Maple

is it really different enough to obnoxiously make the distinction between noise rock and noise pop

Timothy's Monster and Trust Us

Yes, I think so. I'm not being obnoxious about it, either.

Noise rock to me is more aggressive and harsh, pretty much a direct evolution of hardcore punk.

JAMC and noise pop tends to be more melodic, and ended up as more of an influence on shoegaze. Kevin Shields obviously loved JAMC and Dinosaur Jr., but I doubt he was listening to much Big Black.

Obviously there is a crossover in audience. But I would expect if someone liked The Jesus Lizard, they'd appreciate a recommendation of Brainiac or Unwound, more than say Yo La Tengo, Stereolab or The Flaming Lips who I'd rec to someone who likes JAMC.

>I'm not being obnoxious about it, either.
yes you are. not really for you to decide.

>yes you are
Why? I think I explained myself fairly, the only one really being unpleasant here is you, user.

But maybe you'd care to explain why the difference isn't significant.

essential

No he isn't you fucking idiot

pitchfork.com/news/69857-the-jesus-and-mary-chain-releasing-first-new-album-in-over-18-year