What are some albums with nice booklets and packaging that are worth owning in physical form?

What are some albums with nice booklets and packaging that are worth owning in physical form?

Deathconsciousness comes to mind.

Yeah, but it's expensive af,

Funny you mention that album because I was actually just looking into buying it, but it's stupid expensive in the uk

I admire the packaging for this more frequently than I listen to it

I managed to get it not too expensive here in France. Definitely worth it. The booklet is fascinating if you're into esoteric shit.

Pretty meh album, but I like the packaging

The astonishing

Giles Corey LP

>look up song name, see it's by Dream Theatre
Not worth any packaging to have to listen to that

Nothing super special, but I really like how the lyrics booklet is formatted like a book.

F#A#infinity vinyl

Where did you buy it from?

Not very Sup Forums, but the packaging for the deluxe version of pic related is fantastic - it's a little book around a5 sized with the original lyric sheets (different from what you hear on the album)

yeah the coin is rad

Joanna Newsom - Ys is nice but F#A# infinity is the coolest I own

Pretty much everything from Einstürzende Neubauten

>not having physical copies of all your music

I would if I could afford it

Virgin Killer, Scorpions, with the original cover.

This was one of John Fahey's last major projects before he died. The level of dedication and detail is impressive.

The packaging is a very faithful recreation of the actual album books (like a photo album) that 78s were stored in, and the inside sleeves use the original race record artwork/advertising. Even the paper and printing look and feel authentic.

On top of that, the liner notes are well-written and well-researched. Possibly the best part is that it includes a copy of Fahey's master's thesis on Charley Patton from 1970, which is fascinating and thorough.

Of course, it's a couple hundred bucks to get your hands on one (even used), but thankfully my school has a copy.

Any Sunn O))) LP

>Kid A
Booklet has cool transparent pages and a really long foldout section, also the hidden secret booklet behind the CD tray is brilliant.

Kid A

Yeah, Kid A is nice. I don't have a secret booklet in mine though, unless you just mean the other side of the back cover.
OK Computer is pretty good too.

Also, Ys is lovely to read while listening to the album. I like that the lyrics aren't just crammed into it in tiny text. Is Have One On Me worth owning in physical form? I'm a big Joanna fan so I'll probably get it anyway at some point.

Bump

Any chance they'll release it?

Will CDs ever become cool to own like vinyl?

Not really. We are too used to use optical media, whether it's software, games and movies, we got tired already.

In ten or twenty years optical media will be completely obsolete and CDs will be cool again.

kek

Check out the YouTube channel Gozer's Den. He mostly does videos on vinyl, but be did a few on CD packages

CDs will get obsolete not because of technology advancement, but because no viability of digital rights protection without breaking Red Book (and other people's players). People will come back to CDs because of "offline mode"

Yeah defenitely. Only real problem is the sides aren't marked but it's made up for with all the cool shit they send. Also prefer the vinyl version of East Hastings.

Just look at the deadwax, it's indicated the sides. Besides, side B is the one with the locked groove, which doesn't have a long dead groove spiral that reaches the end.