Is there a more cancerous, overrated band than Led Zeppelin in the whole history of music?

Is there a more cancerous, overrated band than Led Zeppelin in the whole history of music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JJm8fZ6WS5Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Swans.

Look at that fucking package

Nirvana

EZ :
Nirvana

Shall i get me dick out

animal collective

beatles

DELET THIS

Pink Floyd

robert plant can be a little much at times but jimmy page is a god. sure its a cliche. but it is for a reason.

Explain

Animal Collective

t. retard who knows nothing about performing music

Rolling Stones

Delet this

Welcome to the official Sup Forums trigger thread™

Stay a while and feel compelled to respond!

zep are gods

bitolz

I have only heard tryhards shit on Led Zeppelin, mostly teenagers who just starting to move outside of typical teenager music.

Everyone else either appreciates them or simply doesn't care. They don't running around screaming "OVERRATED" at anything remotely mainstream or well-known.

Swans

queen? like i get it freddy mercury was a fantastic singer and performer. but come on they're a singles band whose only good songs are those that are played on the radio. like all 7 of them. they don't deserve to be in any top list aside for freddy mercury's singing.

But led Zep is teenager music

tshhhh, maboi, everything is gonna be alright
youtube.com/watch?v=JJm8fZ6WS5Y

How many Queen albums have you even listened to?

I agree to an extent, but there's no reason to "grow out of it." They did a lot of interesting and unquestionably influential things. Their production style alone is worth appreciating as an older listener, which is something most teenagers don't even think about.

Why does every big rockstar have little to no muscle mass whatsoever? They all look so weak. Their only saving grace is their above average facial features.

James Hetfield only got ripped when he was past his prime. 80s Het was a skinny little fuck.

they don't need to be fit when they're drowning in more pussy than you will ever know

/fit/ BTFO

Now by popular demand! A list of some of the songs Zep stole from other artists:
"Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" - A folk song by Anne Bredon, this was originally credited as "traditional, arranged by Jimmy Page," then "words and music by Jimmy Page," and then, following legal action, "Bredon/Page/Plant."
"Black Mountain Side" - uncredited version of a traditional folk tune previously recorded by Bert Jansch.
"Bring It On Home" - the first section is an uncredited cover of the Willie Dixon tune (as performed by the imposter Sonny Boy Williamson).
"Communication Breakdown" - apparently derived from Eddie Cochran's "Nervous Breakdown."
"Custard Pie" - uncredited cover of Bukka White's "Shake 'Em On Down," with lyrics from Sleepy John Estes's "Drop Down Daddy."
"Dazed And Confused" - uncredited cover of the Jake Holmes song (see The Above Ground Sound Of Jake Holmes).
"Hats Off To (Roy) Harper" - uncredited version of Bukka White's "Shake 'Em On Down."
"How Many More Times" - Part one is an uncredited cover of the Howlin' Wolf song (available on numerous compilations). Part two is an uncredited cover of Albert King's "The Hunter."
"In My Time Of Dying" - uncredited cover of the traditional song (as heard on Bob Dylan's debut).
"The Lemon Song" - uncredited cover of Howlin' Wolf's "Killing Floor" - Wolf's publisher sued Zeppelin in the early 70s and settled out of court.
"Moby Dick" - written and first recorded by Sleepy John Estes under the title "The Girl I Love," and later covered by Bobby Parker.
"Nobody's Fault But Mine" - uncredited cover of the Blind Willie Johnson blues.
"Since I've Been Lovin' You" - lyrics are the same as Moby Grape's "Never," though the music isn't similar.
"Stairway To Heaven" - the main guitar line is apparently from "Taurus" by Spirit.
"White Summer" - uncredited cover of Davey Graham's "She Moved Through The Fair."
"Whole Lotta Love" - lyrics are from the Willie Dixon blues "You Need Love."

Depends on the music. Some rock more explicitly deals with teenager themes than others. Say, most pop punk is completely unlistenable past the age of 16.

>implying all music isn't just a copy of a copy

LZ II is the album that opened the 70s musically, along with Black Sabbath S/T. At some points (eg. Track 1) it still sounds like 60s psychedelic, but other parts especially on side 2 establish the definitive blueprint for 70s rock.

>Hailed as some prophetic anti-establishment band who saved music when in fact they killed new-wave and a lot of mildly experimental rock of the early 90s
>Not to mention that they were literally a pop boy-band marketed by major labels to edgy teenagers who wanted to be cool like Chad Cobain
>Romanticized as good musicians when all they did was bang on simple chords like retards, but muh raw angst and emotion
>Kurt is made into some kind of tortured poet genius when he was just some edgy proto-tumblr no one understands me mom faggot
>Paved the way for nu-metal and general buttrock, at least partially responsible for rock falling out as the primary style of popular music

true

Eh. I don't think so. Their entire discography is pretty fuckin impressive. They always learn from themselves and progress. Then managed to put 3 near perfect albums in a row, 30 years into their career after releasing so many great albums along the way

I realize this is a bait thread, but how come no one's mentioned KISS?

>managed to put 3 near perfect albums in a row

stop reading pitchfork

AC/DC

Led Zeppelin II [Atlantic, 1969]

The best of the wah-wah mannerist groups, so dirty they drool on demand. It's true that all the songs sound the same, but nobody ever held that against Little Richard. Then again, Robert Plant isn't Little Richard. B

I don't. That is 100% my own opinion. Those albums are a culmination of everything they did throughout their career. It's inspiring to me. Mindless assumptions are cancerous, sir

Dubs confirm this is truth

What does that mean. I'm not very familiar with the lingo

Radiohead

>Kurt is made into some kind of tortured poet genius when he was just some edgy proto-tumblr no one understands me mom faggot

This kind of also applies to Bob Dylan except he's lived to comb gray hair.

>Romanticized as good musicians when all they did was bang on simple chords like retards, but muh raw angst and emotion

But that was kind of the whole attraction of Nirvana. That they finally put to rest the tired, stale, boring idea of rock stars wearing giant wigs/leather and playing le ebic shredder solos. Rock that was simple and could be played by a garage band.

The whole stadium rock star thing was fresh and exciting when Led Zeppelin pioneered it, but 20 years later it was tired.

I mean, Eminem said the whole attraction of hip-hop for him as a kid was that anyone could do it and you didn't need any gear other than a turntable and a mike. Being that he was a teenager in the 80s when hairspray excess ruled rock music.

Cobain won in the end. Stadium buttrock has died and stayed dead while indie alternative bands became the norm.

Honestly who cares.

There was already a massive scene of independent bands playing rock that wasn't all poodle hair and shredding, Nirvana just ripped all those bands off and played the le edgy disaffected don't want to be popular bullshit card.

As someone who was a teen in the 90's, let me assure you that Nirvana were a completely mainstream, normie band.

Stadium buttrock hasn't died at all because those bands are pretty much the only ones playing stadiums apart from tweeny pop stars.

>There was already a massive scene of independent bands playing rock that wasn't all poodle hair and shredding, Nirvana just ripped all those bands off and played the le edgy disaffected don't want to be popular bullshit card.
Nirvana brought the garage/indie sound to the mainstream though.
>Stadium buttrock hasn't died at all because those bands are pretty much the only ones playing stadiums apart from tweeny pop stars
How many stadium rock bands formed after the 80s? Pretty much none.

Pearl Jam

>Nirvana brought the garage/indie sound to the mainstream though.

What sort of fucking idiot are you to think this is in any way a good thing?

This is why every dead shit normie cunt thinks Nirvana are a good band.

>How many stadium rock bands formed after the 80s? Pretty much none.

I suggest you look at who actually plays at stadiums and then rethink your post.

You got repeating digits on your post number bruh. It means everything that you said is true.

Of course they're overrated for the two songs they have on IV, while the other good songs which are far better are blocked out by normies. They don't even listen to the rest of the album, they just listen to Stairway to Heaven.

Delete this

DELETE THIS

>They don't even listen to the rest of the album, they just listen to Stairway to Heaven
And track 1.

Swans or Animal Collective. I swear to god that nobody cares about those dumb fucking bands outside of this dumb fucking board.

tbcf, Cobain chose to end his own life than become mainstream.

You mean the major label, multi-million album selling, international concert headlining, MTV superstar? Oh, yeah, not mainstream at all.

Stop choosing to be stupid.

Bonham is by far the best thing about Led Zepplin

So much that they disbanded once he kicked it.

No, bish.

How the fuck has no one said Metallica

Nirvana didn't play stadiums and they were the least commercial of the grunge bands, in fact Kurt strongly disliked the overly poppy sound of Nevermind.

Zeppelin rules...

if your too much of an edgy contrarian to admit it- thats on you...dont burden us with your failures.

>

>"Stairway To Heaven" - the main guitar line is apparently from "Taurus" by Spirit.

apparently not...

They influenced three entire generations of bands, you know.

Oh, right, I totally must have imagined all those headlining festivals they played to tens of thousand of people.

The least commercial of the grunge bands are all the bands you don't know the names of because you're so normie and spoonfed you actually believe Nirvana weren't mainstream.

Queen

I watched this thread derail into a steaming heap of trash... and I just did nothing.

what is this pic from

RHCP

You forgot how they're remembered as the band that killed hair metal, even though hair metal was already dying before Nevermind even came out. All they did was put the final nail in the coffin. It could have been any other alternative band that did it, but Nirvana had the catchiest single so it got to be them.

he and page were known for stuffing their pants

Also Page is a child rapist.

Glam rock had existed on life support since at least 1987 if not earlier.

HEY HEY MOMMA SAID

Underrated post.

These posts prove that it's Swans

>Hailed as some prophetic anti-establishment band who saved music when in fact they killed new-wave and a lot of mildly experimental rock of the early 90s

Fair point, we do give them a bit too much false praise for pushing music forward. They did in fact push music forward though. Not valid reason why they are bad though.

>Not to mention that they were literally a pop boy-band marketed by major labels to edgy teenagers who wanted to be cool like Chad Cobain

Cop out. Honestly who cares. I'm sure you didn't intend for this part to convince anyone but regardless they made mainstream music that was phenomenal which I honestly find to be an even better achievement.

Kurt sucked ass at guitar and couldn't even land the beginning riff of smells like teen spirit. I understand his band was not talented in that regard and anyone who does give them that credit is not that musically subscribed. But despite sucking ass at guitar they still performed amazing work. That's what made them unique.

When I say I understand that Nirvana was not super talented instrumentally i'm not saying that as a cop out. The shit they pulled off despite that should be impossible .Yet with really great song writing they still made two 9/10 albums.

Again, who gives a fuck. Totally missing the point. Bob Dylan did the same shit and if you say he's bad you lose all credibility.

>Paved the way for nu-metal and general buttrock, at least partially responsible for rock falling out as the primary style of popular music

Kind of a pretty ambiguous allegation but I can't say I disagree. Shitty bands being influenced by great bands doesn't mean that band was bad. Look at the Beatles or the Pixies. Both defined what society thinks rock is today.

>I don't like music my dad likes because that means he is right

I'm on your side but who told you this? He did not kill himself because of the disappointment he had for going "mainstream".

Unless you are attributing fame to his collapse then you would be partially correct. Although that really is a false equivalency

Radiohead

Bait

PINK FUCKING FLOYD

this

Not bait, actually

I love Led Zeppelin but they are pretty overrated

Elaborate

wrong

underrated

fucking leave, m8

Overrated = they receive much praise, but are not actually that good. They are praised the most for being innovative, but I've yet to see anyone good (anyone at all, really) list them as an influence, and I do not see any trace of their style in other artists. Literally just music for autists with muh superior-taste syndrome. And the fact that people have the gall to call it 'art music'.... That is like classifying modern, contemporary art as art. It's just self-wankery for self-identified intellectuals.

yeah swans fucking suck. they are such edgy trash and im constantly amazed at how much this board jerks themselves off over them.

HA!
>anyone good (anyone at all, really) list them as an influence

Have you seriously never heard a highly respected source claim they are one of the most influential bands of all time?

How about the time they literally invented modern alternative rock with OK Computer? Plenty of good bands have been influenced by Radiohead's sound whether they know it or not.

Just like how a lot of bands don't realize they were influenced by Beatles and such.

I don't know about your particular music taste but some examples that actually have claimed to be influenced by radiohead are the Strokes and Grizzley Bear.

Some i'm not sure if they have made the claim but are certainly influenced by radiohead are Tame-Impala, Car Seat Headrest, and Beck

And Art-Rock is an actual genre that they fit into. So I don't know what you are talking about. I'm always wonder about people's music taste when they trash such a good band like Radiohead. Could you please name 10 artists better than Radiohead? I'm just genuinely curious

Have you listened to any guitar solos by them? Brian May kills it every time. Even in your mainstream example. Actually listen to We will Rock You and learn.