What will the next great protest/political band be...

What will the next great protest/political band be? From the anti war jams of the 70s to the massive popularity of American Idiot in the 2000s, whats the next politically charged genre or group to blow up?

right leaning or left leaning

Rum The Jewels

Having Democrats inPower for 8 years and The medias Blatant liberal bias in the past means that a Band won't be able to be considered "Punk" or "rebellious" if they parrot the same shite the media did for 10 years without being laughed in their faces because they'll sound just like the system.
The next Big thing will be Right leaning Bands for maybe the first Time ever.
Exciting Times.

>right-leaning bands
>capable of making good expressive music

kekeke

You realize that the far left hates liberals also, right?

Well what difference of views does the far left have over the liberals of 1966-2016?
Because I rarely seen much reaction from the left towards them when they were at their peak of Bullshit.

Anarchist/communist punks are hardly obama fans

this reads like a youtube comment

Great music but I don't see them penetrating the mainstream to the level rock based bands have in the past. Not pure rap enough to dominate that community, in a weird limbo

And what kind of vocal Baclash did they give to his regime?
Because I only seen lefty punks and rebels get all vocal and excited again the day Trump Won the election.

The hatred of neoliberalism, capitalism, globalism, consumerism, wars, drone warfare, celebrity culture, slacktivism, feel good charity bullshit that doesn't change anything, change.org petitions, reformism, electoral politics as a whole, Clintons, classism, Lena Dunham, etc.

>this faggot thinks leftists are just more liberal liberals

Haven't you watched much Fantano lately, there has been a gigantic sludgefest of protest music lately.

If I had to say one maybe Death Cab For Cutie, they are a bunch of nu males who actually wrote a pretty decent anti-Trump song Loan of a Million Dollars.

>liberal

What an awful term, I hate the US political discourse so much

So Stein voters?
K.
I just don't know if lefty Anarchists and Punks would have gotten as Big hard ons had clinton got in.
I don't see it.

>reformism, electoral politics
>stein
K den.

right wingers aren't and will never be cool or make good music.

deal with it

"Conservatives," musical and / or political in the context of their times have made some of the greatest and most enduring works of all time. See: JS Bach.

Good art doesn't need to be defined by being "progressive," musically or otherwise.

That doesn't change the basic truism of it. If we understand the prevailing musical trends of the times among the youth they are often characterized by some sort of rejection of established beliefs and a sense of rebellion against what they perceive as an out-of-touch system. Notice how the attitude of "conservatives are bad!" has started to lose steam. The alt-right as it is understood can be seen as this effect on steroids due to social media if we consider Sup Forums and Reddit as social medias.

This is going off an assumption that traditionally left-leaning ideas (radical or otherwise) are falling out of favor due to the political pendulum swinging in retrograde.

What an astoundingly pompous attitude.

>Never will be cool
>Finally getting more and more popular and powerful for the first Time in 80 years
You fgts had your Time. You had well over 50 years at the top. Now you get to see how we felt.
You aren't "cool" just because the media says you are, dumbass.

Some of the ramones were reublicans

But they aren't. The youth of today are by every measure, in every country, more left leaning than all previous generations. Even when those generations were young. You're just trying to desperately convince yourself of something.

among who? pasty basement dwelling edgelords?

the vast majority of us are leftists. More leftist than any previous generation.

> The youth of today are by every measure, in every country, more left leaning than all previous generations.
This is called a zeitgeist and is why comparing contemporary political leanings to the political leanings of the past often doesn't work as well as you think it should. The pulse of the youth, while relative to the time in which it takes place, changes pace quicker than the over-arching themes in which these changes occur. This is why even the staunchest conservatives of the day hardly resemble those of yesteryear. At least pretend to understand sub-basic philosophies of history and politics.

>You're just trying to desperately convince yourself of something.
My understanding is descriptive, not prescriptive. I have no personal stake in making a prediction based on what I want to be true (assuming I would even want that in the first place [which I don't]).

If you need to quell your cognitive dissonance, you can always go read literally any competent history book and observe the political trends, how they related to each other, and then attempt to find direct analogies to contemporary politics.

By those standards Beethoven was a pureblooded proto-communist.

By what standards ? Those of his own time ?

>If we understand the prevailing musical trends of the times
*the prevailing "hipster popular" music trends following the 1950's and continuing today

Necessary amendment.

explain