I
V
A
L
D
O

>You now remember Ricardinho

These guys would get blown out today, defensive game has changed

Will Brazil ever been relevant again? Or are they like Ajax now?

>You now remember Poop

>stacked as fuck

I miss Vampeta flipping on the ramp...

all that space they had back then they would get exposed today, just look at the 2014 world cup final and see how Messi is closed down in 2 seconds. And he is much more nimble and agile than ronaldinho and has better vision than explosing knees fat man

meme nostalgia team
>muh ronaldinho
age 32 played in LIga MX lol

> You now remember Roberto Carlinhos

Top: Lúcio, Edmilson, Roque Junior, Gilberto Silva, Marcos, Kaká, Vampeta, Anderson Polga, Dida, Rogério Ceni, Belletti

Bottom: Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, Kléberson, Rivaldo, Cafu, Junior, Ricardinho, Luizão, Edilson, Denilson

Detail: Brazil only confirmed your qualification in your last match (3-0 against Venezuela home)

Dat Chile.
The improvement is impressive.

This team barely beat ENGLAND in 2002.

>FLUKE free kick

Brazil hasn't fault for english GK to be Seaman

Rivaldo is a Ronaldo babby for Brazil. He has never performed well without Ronaldo in international level.

Go from barely scraping by qualification to winning the World Cup with just one addition.

>gifted a goal to owen at the beginning to make things exciting
>have a man red carded 20 minutes before the end to give englel a chance
>barely beat

>this flag

>forgetting how we cucked you in 2002 with the Don Ovan

>forgetting that we were an uncalled handball away from beating Cheatmany, besting the gooks in semis and playing Brazil in the final

>brit still salty after 14 years
Get good.

We won it with 10 players, you cuck.

>forgetting you're not relevant
>implying you know what football is

what wrong? memes aside, please

Nah, offenses have gotten worse.

>Roberto Carlos
THICCC

>Junior

I remember talk of him maybe replacing Roberto Carlos after he had that monster game against Costa Rica

but you can't close down like that 4 different players

True. Close down a young and hungry Ronaldinho and you'll leave Rivaldo wide open with room to make passes to either Ronaldo, Cafu or Roberto Carlos.

brazil lost to honduras before felipao took over

Juninho would never take RC's spot.
Btw we had such a great generation of left backs we could easily make a whole team with them and win a cup

Silvinho
Serginho
Junior
RC
Felipe
Kleber

I could go on

The first tournamet I ever watched. The only things I remember are Ronaldo scoring two in the finals and Russia being like "we'll go out of this group without any effort, all those teams are below in class" like usual.
Really makes you think how little Champions League matters in comparison. You can win it 10 times and 1 world cup is still a better trophy. So, Brazilian > Portuguese. And without national team gold Messi will never best Maradonna.

>all that space they had back then
>back then
That was fucking 2002, not 60s. Parking the bus was invented much earlier and Sacchi's zonal defense was in the 90s.

>defensive game has changed
Yeah it's fucking shit nowadays

>Sacchi's zonal defense was in the 90s.
*80s

GOAT SQUAD.

>Roque Junior
>Good
Ayyyyy lmaooo

Our team managed to score two goals against them. I still get shivers watching highlights from that game.

Isn't he on Peru now. He went back to Brazil after Mexico iirc

2 years ago

This team would 7-1 every euro and copa team today

>Belletti literally didn't change a thing

Fred and David Luiz are on their toes, LEL

I miss GOAT brazil...

People seem to forget that Brazil was being crucified before the 2002 world cup. They weren't even the favorites and I think Ronaldo only played a few games in the qualifiers

youtube.com/watch?v=3ECoR__tJNQ

That motherfucker and his curving free kicks.

You had to buy expensive Predator boots to do it.

We all do.
Ever since I was born, football was a huge part of our culture. The stupid ones, the intelligent ones, women, men, blacks, pardos, whites, asians, poor, rich, leftists, conservatives. We literally all had the vast majority of our people caring about the national team, perhaps it made us unify as a culture more and more ever since the 1930s. This all stopped with the 7-1 though. Nobody seems to care about the national team, nobody seems to care about sports at all. That's not inheretly bad, but it's weird, everyone became more individualist, everyone now pretends football didn't add a lot to our cultural values, but the truth is it did. We lost a lot more than just a semifinal and international prestige with the 7-1. Maybe this could be linked to criminality growing even more as we as the feeling of inpotency of changing anything, despite we knowing exactly what's wrong and hiw to fix it.

>One fucking goal
>mfw Argentina and Uruguay agreed to tie the last match and left us out

get rekt moorish nigger

>we will never be that stacked again

Rolandinho was already mostly shit by 2008. In his Milan days he still had a cool trick or two but was mostly useless. There's a reason he wasn't included in the 2010 WC.

You are welcome ;)