Best 5 albums of the year?

Best 5 albums of the year?

Skeleton Tree is terrific.

1. Danny Brown- Atrocity Exhibition
2. Aesop Rock- The Impossible Kid
3. Angel Olsen- MY WOMAN
4. David Bowie- Blackstar
5. D.R.A.M.- Big Baby D.R.A.M.

I regretfully admit I haven't heard it. What are your other four?

guerilla toss - eraser stargazer
maoupa mazzocchetti - laugh tool
young thug - no, my name is JEFFERY
the dwarfs of east agouza - bes
andrew pekler - tristes tropiques

Idk but Weezer's on there somewhere

Skeleton Tree was great but not that great imo

saw Guerrilla Toss a few months ago, they were pretty good. As a YT fan, fuck JEFFREY
agreed. Also good taste, all good albums. Angel's album is stellar and Saturaatio is one of my songs of the year

Yeah man, My Woman made me cry so I can't not put it on there. Saturaatio's definitely the bst track from Varahtelija, but the whole thing is such an awesome trip; it's the exact psychedelic black metal album I've been waiting to hear

I nominate Frank Ocean - Blonde

I teared up the first time I heard Woman, and that was walking to class in public at my university haha. I agreed, it really executes the sound beautifully. It also might be the album that most sounds like its cover looks to come out this year

I haven't heard enough

Iggy Pop
Petite Meller
Whitney

I need to dig around some more

No, My Name Is JEFFERY has some of his best songs, and it's a sign of him moving into a new sound. I'm not a fan of the poppiness, but Thugger should move on from Flockaveli-style trap.

Have you given any particular thought to the pinegrove cover

No order

Deakin - Sleep Cycle
Oren Ambarchi - Hubris
Swans - The Glowing Man
Katie Gately - Colors
Danny Brown - Atrocity Exhibition

Honestly, Skeleton Tree is the only album put out this year (maybe some of Black Star as well) that I can see myself returning to for many years to come. It's sort of an emotional connection that I rarely make with contemporary albums and artists.

Ya, I'm actually a bigger fan of his atmospheric trap material like Barter 6. That's by far his best for me and it encapsulates all that the following movement of atmospheric trap rap wants to be but can't do. The problem is his new sound is just ripping the trap happy trend and riding Yachty's dick. There's some good production but imo his performances didn't fit and felt uninspired. Wyclef's probably the best song on the album
what do you normally like? I could rec you something

Is there some deeper meaning to it I'm missing?

No order

Danny Brown- Atrocity Exhibition

Radiohead- AMSP

Swain- The Long Dark Blue

Iglooghost- Snoring

Jeff Rosenstock- Worry

The albums this year weren't great

I like all sorts of jazz, i do give trap a chance, i like the retro rock thing going on, i don't mind women that make music,

A lot of albums this year like clipping, danny brown, lil yacthy (was that this year? Thatd be in my 5), a lot of the albums this year seem very experimental and not really despite their attempts at being different albums of the year. But, on the other hand the cohen, cave, bowie albums are too easy a choice so i'll go through the year in review. But iggy pop was my music this year, especially with his radio show

I'm not even that big into trap as a whole hah I like tons of stuff tho. I've you like a lot of experimental/noisy rap check out Elucid- Save Yourself

kendrick - untitled unmastered
lone - levitate
porches - pool
radiohead - amsp
the range - potential

Its sort of the thing though, the albums can be very creative which I admire but not GOAT

I'm somewhat convinced that it's reference to Christianity's connection with Saturn worship. Notice the cross formed by the cube lines. Then the album is named cardinal which is a position in the church.

On the North pole of Saturn is a perpetual hexagon cloud and a hexagon is the shape seen when the inner lines of a cube are perfectly aligned

And yeah it's just two sides of a cube but still

That sounds like a load of barnacles desu; I can see no reason why they would design it for that reason

Autolux - Pussy's Dead
Preoccupations - ST
Parquet Courts - Human Performance
Allah-las - Calico Review
Floex - Samorost OST

I might agree if the album wasnt called cardinal. It at the least an indication although sure it may have been unintentional

Frank Ocean - Blond
David Bowie - Blackstar
Deathgrips - Bottomless Pit
Kanye West - The Life Of Pablo
Flume - Skin

Am I a pleb? :{

there's a new Iggy Pop album?

Yeah it's like six months old at least where have you been

on drugs

David Bowie - Blackstar
Danny Brown - Atrocity Exhibition
Tribe Called Quest - We Got It From Here.....
Esperanza Spalding - Emily's D+Evolution
Nick Cave - Skeleton Tree

Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - Skeleton Tree
Deakin - Sleep Cycle
David Bowie - Blackstar
Angel Olsen - MY WOMAN
Radiohead - AMSP

Atrocity Exhibition - Danny Brown
Skeleton Tree - Nick n the Seeds
Nonagon Infinity - King Gizzard
Retribution - Tanya Tagaq
Blackstar - David Bowie