Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums,
Have you ever lost anyone really close to you? My father figure(uncle) died pretty recently. He died instantly so he felt no pain. Here's the sucky thing though. The man had a really hard life, two deployments in iraq, couldn't get any jobs so he was constantly starving, didn't get married until he was 34. He was only married a year when he died. I really looked up to this guy, he taught me everything when my dad wasn't there. I'm constantly reminded of him and I never got to say goodbye.
Sup Forumsros, how do you get over death??
Or feels thread, whatever tickles you.

wtf im 33 and not married, so wat?

Bump

Triple dubs. Everything's gonna be alright

First of all it's alright to grieve, this pain is nothing that will ever heal completely. People can't help you to get over this now. But it'll get better with time. You'll be fine mate.

It took him a bit, but he was actively trying for it for a long time.
The point is, he was finally happy, he had one year off bliss then he died. Everything just like smoke blew away.

Lost one of my best friends this year.

Asshole took to many pills or to much h and now he's dead.

I got that assholes ghost haunting me all over the place, everywhere I got I have some story with the kid. Try not bring him up but it is unavoidable.

But he's dead. A conversation never finished. Too long spent, to much understanding and mutual agreement and respect to even care to make it even possible. Just gone.

But he was an asshole, a stupid fuck who just couldn't stop.

There before the grace of the gods go I.

This world is an illusion exile.

At least he died happy. Nothing you can do for him now, so you might as well be happy that he was happy.

double dubs

That's actually a really good point, thanks.

not op, thats a good point, the guy got wat he wanted b4 he passed, thats more than some guyz get. he died knowin he was loved, there r worst ways to go.

I've lost a significant amount of people. When I was fairly young, my parents got divorced and remarried fairly quickly, so I was raised by four different people. Of that four, three of them have passed away. So I get what you're saying. As for how you get over it, there isn't really an answer. You take it one day at a time and eventually you start to feel ok. Not "better" but "ok". The hurt never really goes away, but after a while you think about it less, and the pain only comes back when you do. I'm sorry I can't offer any better advice, but you really so just have to wait it out.

You never do get over it.
But you must or else you will sink unto depression.
also if you try to hide this feeling of sadness it will make you real violent try to do stuff he wanted you to do.

>two deployments in iraq
he fought for isreal like a good goy

He was a prison guard. He had some crazy stories about people rioting or people trying to break out there friends. These one guys filled a truck full of explosives and drove it straight into the wall.

>pic related always remind me of my Uncle who died of cancer, i cry every time i see it.

Sup Forums practically raised me since i was 15. i'm 26 now. disillusioned, disenfranchised, alone, bitter, dead-end job, shitty apartment.

i haven't seen pic related in years

>When the fuck where you last that happy?

I just cried a little

First time I read the thing I cried too.
Kinda hits ya. I feel alone too, and a bit bitter. Trying to get out of this slump. I just want to feel something again, ya know?

rip ipod

lol

i just reported this, have fun in the pokey, faggot

Shit, you remind me of myself.

I just want to feel again.
I had a mental breakdown not too long ago where I begged a friend to make me more human. I know, pathetic. He's trying his best to help me from a distance, I understand that.
I just, fuck.
I've watched exes take their last dying breath. Close friends too. I've seen people die, I've heard them; no affect on me. I suffer from a legitimate panic attack disorder, and I ain't talking that Tumblrina shit. Some times it comes like PTSD. It's the only only time I feel; when I relive when I felt.
It sucks man.
I feel you bro.

Looks like this thread needs some bumping.

Did I really just get dubs three times in a row?

I think what's the worst for me is when I'm doing something fun with friends or family and no matter how hard i try i can't live in the moment. I just kinda sit there with a blank face.
Did you lose some friends to drugs too?
I've never experienced the panic attacks, my sisters gets them real bad though. It's honestly crippling.

Anyways...

I WAS THERE
WHEN THE FOURTH DUB HIT
DID YOU KNOW THAT ABOUT ME LORD

Damn mate, good read.
I've been really into Warhammer, but I've never played it. I'll probs drop by steam and try it out.

Want the Arctic Fox comic?

Nah, suicide.
We were young. I attempted it too. I was just the one that lived. We were lame, sad. The others had so much to live for. So did I. And I lived for it. Damn shame they didn't.
I get you though man. The blank face. There's a girl I've been hanging out with, who pesters me about my face. She says I never smile. I try to smile, just for her. Maybe she'll help me be a bit more normal.

don't touch the pills man. If you love your friend that much, don't touch them. Take it from someone who will probably die the same way this year.

Looks good. Sure.

Fuck I'm gonna fucking cry fuck you op

oops wrong story.

Not the guy you're talking to, but I was in the same boat a couple of months back. She told me I have a nice smile... Gonna be hard when she moves away.

Not the batman. Wish I had the full one for that.

I already did tonight, stared at one of his pictures for a good 30 minutes before I broke down. Then I made the thread....
MInd as well cry with comrades.

Don't worry op you'll never forget the way his dick tasted

I hate Capcha

That sucks. Just honestly. I can't find additional or better words for it, I just want you to acknowledge that another user has acknowledged your disappointment and grief. I don't know you, you could die the next day and I wouldn't be able to care more or less. Let me just tell you that I care about your struggle. Good luck user.

Death is nothing more than the time between replacing video cards

I feel you op my dad died when I was 13, he is the only person I've ever know that I felt actually loved me.

Thanks man.

You're cool mate. Bring whatever you've got. What you're bringing right now is pretty good.

Alright. I'll see what else is in my folder. No more comics, unfortunately. If anyone has the one with the girl in the hot air balloon, I'd appreciate it.

I'd just blow the stupid fukin thing out

everything's gonna be alright said someone who died really long ago

I lost an uncle like this (more of a second father).
He was a funny kind of guy.
The life of the party sort who brought everyone together.
He had been fat his whole life and he wanted to have kids of his own. (All of his nieces and nephews were like kids).
2 of my cousins he actually took in when their dad left, and he raised them with his wife until they were 18 and could make it on their own.
He then wanted kids of his own, him and his wife had gastric bypass surgery and they each lost over 200 pounds.
They were able to have children and had 2 girls back to back.
He loved his kids with all of his heart, and he finally had two of 'his own.'
He was finally in good shape, had a good career, good wife, and two new babies.
Then one day while he was at the beach with his family he had a massive aneurism, went into a coma.
I was 14 years old at summer camp 5 states away and my dad called me.
I knew something had to be wrong because no one gets calls at camp.
I picked up the phone and heard my dad's voice shaky and barely together.
He told me what had happened and that my uncle had died and he started crying.
I had never heard my dad cry before this.
I was taken out of camp, flown to Maryland and carried my uncle's casket one day later.

There literally hasn't been a day that has gone by where I haven't thought about my uncle. That was eight years ago.
His daughters have grown up without their loving father.
I also stopped believing in God that day. Now I consider myself agnostic.
How could such a horrible thing happen to such a good man if a God existed?
I could never think of anything that would justify it.

Sorry for your loss, user.

I think this is great advice op.

This is the saddest thing I've ever seen

Thanks man, thanks for sharing that.
Dude, I still remember the day I was told. My mom called, I thought I could keep composure, then the second I started talking I lost it. I lost everything. I couldn't hold back the sobs.
He always said he looked up to me. I don't know why. Nothing to look up to.

Should I keep dumping, or chill for a bit?

I was happy until I lost my ipod.

what are you even

I don't believe in God because to me it's illogical but I really do wish that it exists because of love

Maybe god took your uncle from you because your uncle's boss personality was needed in heaven.

this is a work of fiction

I ain't going to push you. I was the user that asked, and you went above and beyond. Thanks for contributing mate.

So he died painlessly while happy? Fucking brutal. What a terrible way to go.

You get at least a couple more. It's nice to be appreciated.

Hell, I'd believe it. He was a total Sup Forumsro.
We had a tradition, whenever a new game would come out we'd go to his place and I'd bring the dew. We would game for hours.
I still haven't been to his grave, I'm thinking of bringing him a Dew, for old times.

My dad killed himself back when I was 16. He overdosed on sleeping pills that he was legally prescribed for severe sleep apnea. I found him too.

I don't blame him, he had pancreatic cancer and was doing much worse than he had let on.

He wasn't a good father really, but he was pretty much all I had at that point in myself besides my cunt of an ex-girlfriend.

shtap talkin leik a fukin 12 year old faggit!!1! XD XD XD
>yes, that sentence was meant to be ironic

>two deployments in iraq, couldn't get any jobs so he was constantly starving
Sorry user, as much as you could've love him he was a faggot and a big one.

Hey, this goes nicely with the Warhammer dubs

Well, my great grandfather was the person who taught me how to walk, ride a bicycle and a bunch of other stuff. He died at 87 years old just 3 days ago. The feel that I'm never going to see him ever again along my great grand mother are killing me

He was not even my blood great grand father :'^(

console me Sup Forums :(

I could only hope that were the case. Maybe I am too selfish.
It just didn't seem right and I could never reconcile with it.

I was the same way they called me up and I knew something was totally wrong, I was guessing at who was in the hospital or dead in my family.

I started sobbing uncontrollably like a little kid for at least 30 minutes. Good friend consoled me and literally held me while i sat there like a baby.
Honestly time really just numbs the pain day by day. And that's the best way I can really explain it.

When I see my cousins(his kids) I tend to get really sad: 1) because they look like him
2) they never really knew him
3) they grew up without a dad

I'm typically not one to get hung up on things but this always sticks with me.

All I can say is if/when you experience a loss like this, don't hold it in or try to be strong.
You need to talk to people and vent and let it out.

Sorry for your loss man. How did he die?

Running low on non-personal images. Gonna be done soon.

>didn't get married until he was 34. He was only married a year when he died.

At least he had sex.