How do I make a simple story more interesting and captivating, Sup Forums?

How do I make a simple story more interesting and captivating, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=arDi5IHVOYE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

plot twists, make it unconventional, but not too unconventional, whats the theme?

A girl accidentally is warped into a world full of strange creatures. Most of them batshit crazy cartoons, but there arre other strange folks as well.

Storyline is really basic, she wants to get home, she needs to hunt down 3 objects from her world to return home through a portal.

Also pic related, it's gonna be a game

hmm a way you could also make it interesting add on to my point would be, make it morally gray, so it makes the user think about their actions if theyre wrong or right (itll entice them). Some special enemies in the story might become friends (a suggestion possibly)

Cry in a corner for hours at a time every few days, verbally abusing yourself for perceived inadequacies.

you could add autistic anime references
and make a fighting system where you use a heart as the weapon
or you could just kill yourself fucking faggot

by telling it well.

like this: youtube.com/watch?v=arDi5IHVOYE

By being a better writer, duh.

If you can't become one and your game isn't visually or technically compelling, then just fill the void with some pretentious bs the indie scene is saturated with. Take some tried and true ideas and twist or exaggerate them to the point of being retarded. I mean you're halfway there already anyway.

lemme guess, you got inspired by Undertale?

you dont even need a story just make some shitty 8-bit sprites and program a few lines of code and you have an indie game

The characters need depth.
A personality, something that other characters do not have.
For example undertale:
People who play it know who says
>nyeh heh heh
Because it's something other characters don't say,
but make a difference between side and main...

by world-building the shit out of it and filling it with waifus

with a good soundtrack.

>Distinguish laughs
>Literally the character depth of fucking one-piece

all bullshit. when every character is either "kooky" or "tough-front-but-soft-interior-kooky", it isn't fucking character depth.

you don;t go the pacifist route in undertale because the characters are deep, you do it because they're so KAWAII DESU.

seriously fucking the wiritng in that game.

only correct answer in thread

>use voice overs instead of showing characters
>make the player believe they are doing something right
>SUPRISE MOTHAFUCKA YOU'RE THE EVIL ONE
>8-bit graphics
>long drawn out scenes where the player just walks
>make sure it has lesbian and gay couples and non-binary sjw shit to appeal to autistic SJW's.
>make it simplistic like only having WASD and spacebar to shoot.
>add cutesy stuff to appeal to autistic kids
>stale memes
>keep posting on Sup Forums asking for ideas to get people to already buy on release
Congratulations, you are the next tobyfox/cottscawthon/yanderedev etc

autism

Noted.

Partly, yeah.

As much as I liked Undertale for trying new things and it's characters (some of them anyway) I absolutely hated how technology and anime were a thing. I don't want my game to be popular to tumblr or any specific group. I just want it to be a small game anyone can enjoy.

That's exactly what I don't want, I want the player to keep on going because they want to see what new characters and new things the world brings to them.

make a game that you can somehow plug gets into and it will do something so fags on here can make threads about it

/agdg/

You take familiar stories and reimagine them.
>for example

You set it in the fairytale world. Maybe the story is something like the main character is having different dreams. And each dream is a different fairytale. Or you are on a continuous quest through this world populated with fairytale characters. Snow white, little red riding hood, beauty and the beast.

But in each situation the damsel is being held captive as a sex slave.

The wolf is a voyeur.

The dwarves are rapists.

The beast is a cuck that gets off on watching recordings of his beast form sodomise beauty.

And as the "hero" you rescue them from each situation. And earn sex as a reward.

I haven't played undertale, but since this is an obvious ripoff of undertale, make it look sound and feel entirely like undertale, but make everything else the exact opposite, and really take it to an extreme to make it as obvious as possible.
Undertale offers you violence but pacifist route is more rewarding? Do the exact opposite, have a "pacifist" battle option (literally call it "try to be pacifist" or something like that) and when the player chooses it, the enemy just gores the player character into bits. Offer the option in all battles, but never ever have it end in anything but instant game over.
The undertale protag uses empathy and compassion to get along? Your protag uses, provocation, threat, lies, deceat, force, violence, verbal abuse and coercion to reach his objectives. Again, offer alternatives to the player, but punish them heavily and make it obvious they are inferior (activate epilepsy inducing flashes any time the player chooses one of them).
Give the game an exact opposite title as well, like overtruth.

> I just want it to be a small game anyone can enjoy.
> I want the player to keep on going because they want to see what new characters and new things the world brings to them.
fuck that

Make an appropriation of a Shakespeare play. but make every character waifu material that will appeal to at least one common partner preference.

>Romeo Husbando material
>juliet waifu material
>Mercutio Fun loving guy who dies the way he lived
>tibble the dark, edgy character for 13-year olds
>Lady capulet an evil motherly type

and the list goes on. I honestl can't give good writing advice, I'm horrible myself. But a popular story is a great place to at least get structure right. If you're asking Sup Forums for help then i assume you haven't done much writing before?