Do you envy the artists who are successful enough that they get to be musicians full-time?

Do you envy the artists who are successful enough that they get to be musicians full-time?

Only if they're fucking shit (a lot worse than me)

I envy artists like deadmau5

They're rich and it seems pretty comfy making generic electronic music.

i guess. i'll get there someday though.

hell yes

though its more like respect than envy

no makin mony is gay

GOOD point

yeah

Every time

Honestly no.
I don't always love my life. But I still think Musicians have it way worse. Touring and recording both seem pretty awful

>le quirky CD collector X)

yes

>person on a music board collects music
The horror

Has anyone here watched this movie? It's fucking confusing.
Anna Kendrick is all gloomy and yet digs David Guetta? And she's surprised to learn people know him despite how KNOWN the guy is? Its fucking odd

Not always some of them are horrible

I think there are pros and cons.

Pros:
>We get to fulfill this innate dream that everyone has that they'll become the centre of the universe (to some degree, E.g. all women are interested in them, people want to take photos with them. Always someone who adores you)
>To a certain extent people will automatically think your views are validated because of your status (e.g Kanye West, if he was broke noone would give a fuck and people would think he's just an ass).
>Money maybe set for life? (idk how much you have to sell/tour before this becomes viable)
>Hobby is now a job?

Cons
>Reduced social life if you're too big
>If you're anti-social you're fucked
>Eventually you'll get sick of fame (unless you're a sociopath with no feelings) and it won't go away
>in this day and age anything you say will be criticised heavy
>people expect you to have all the answers/be perfect

Idk Sup Forums. What you think?

>If you're anti-social you're fucked

why?

Obviously I have no idea what it's like being famous but if being swarmed by groups of people or constantly being forced into conversations with people then that must suck complete ass.

the people i know who are full time musicians either play for a band. play the bands material or play in restaurants and clubs. they don't get paid that much neither.

i envy anybody with any sort of job desu

if i have any sort of conflict with them ofc

>Touring and recording both seem pretty awful

Just depends on how much you enjoy that stuff though. I love playing shows and adore writing songs and recording them in the studio. Touring can be a pain but I've only ever done shitty van tours.

If I could get to a level where I could tour half the year in a cozy RV and then release an album every 2-3 years I would be pretty damn happy.

But that would only be if I could easily/comfortably live that way. If I had to keep doing shitty van tours, tour 9 months of the year and still only barely keep it together I would pass.