ITT: Films only smart people understand

ITT: Films only smart people understand.

Other urls found in this thread:

impawards.com/2008/posters/wall_e.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

K E K
E _ E
K E K

imlying there's anything to understand in that movie.

literally everything was explained.

i could explain quanted mechanicals to you and you wouldnt understand

ITT: films dumb people watch to feel smart

Only true geniuses understand the epic saga of Air Bud

not the fact that they used a tiny ship to leave the atmosphere on the ocean like planet (which is supposed to have a stronger gravitational fields than earth) whereas they needed a huge rocket to leave Earth's atmosphere

You wouldn't be very good at explaining then user

I had to watch this brilliant peace of work a couple of times to fully understand.

>so boring and pretentious, story doesnt even make sense

>clearly didnt get the film
take a science class faggot

this

also runtime about 8,5 hours

ive been lecturing on the given subject for the last 10-15 years and am known as the most smartest on the subject in the western hemisphere

>underage b&

can we please leave this shit out, i think a non ironic approach would actually be interesting

you understand sarcasm?

Y'all so dumb don't understand dis n shit

>that one scene in prison where he jumps back in time to give himself scars, and then his cell mate acts shocked to see new scars
>surely he would have always had those scars, given how the time travel in this film is meant to work
>in fact, his entire life in that scenario would change significantly, how is he still in jail at that exact moment under those exact circumstances?
>he was meant to be a master chad, ain't no chad that is a psycho in primary that stabs their hands in class
>further, how come none of his younger changes stop the future changes from coming about?

Should be called the Plothole Effect, brah

This any good? Haven't even opened the case yet for it

Kęk

One of the smartrest films I've ever seen. Cruise gives the performance of a life time.

>most smartest
>inb4 I was only pretending

yes do you?

another one imo

In one of the alternate endings he strangles himself with umbilical chord in utero causing another miscarriage.

best sci-fi film ever and uses real science. plus great visuals of blacks holes that have never been seen/created before.

Basically, the action spacey stuff is really cool, but the explanation at the end is the cringiest fucking thing. If you can lower your expectations enough it's a decent watch

i dont see why you'd need to be smart to understand this

He was better in Tropic Thunder imo

Yes... this is a very intellectuel movie

Space Jam

>70s pop music
>backdop of space

genius

No one has mentioned any films yet that actually make sense. You guys are weird.

That's the only movie where I can stand his presence

you gotta watch this a couple of times to understand it, but also fully appreciate its brilliance

A lot can be said about tom cruise but that was some serious acting. I had no idea it was him before the credits

MY NIGGA! what was hard to comprehend about that though? Did you watch without subtitles? Lmfao

Mulholland drive

Did you not read the thread? If you don't get them, your an idiot. Just stick to shit shows like Gotham since you obviously have the capacity to understand only 4th grade reading level.

yh i like this film alot

same here

edgy 12 yr olds

NO!

That movie is a huge piece of crap intended for fat gothic girls

very interesting film, defs a classic

pleb

That was the only ending I knew of until a couple years ago. I think they just changed it for you Americans cause you all get rock hard talking about abortion.

INFERNO COP

>smartest
>movie

Pic one.

protip: all the 'smart' movies were books.

>inb4 retards who couldnt grasp it say its shit

well if someone refers to 'understanding' i dont mean to be able to follow its content which should be mandatory anyways but to understand what the film wants to be.

for example everyone can follow the storyline of 2001, but when people complain about long periods of silence, an ending that doesnt explain everything etc they just didnt understand.

Try and watch it once without googling afterwards faggot

I'm 24, and was once in the barns and noble video section. 2 employees about twice my age were talking about how they liked interstellar but nothing about the ending made sense. Me, a young neckbeard, had to teach them about a movie that as you said "explains everything", yet somehow these 50 year old movie buffs didn't even get it. So there is some misunderstanding when it comes to this movie even if it does spell it all out in neon letters.

If you can't explain it simply then you do not understand it well enough nigger. Eat shit and die

Everything was explained

just realized Malcolm McDowell looks like Natalie Dormer lmao

this

maybe if you skip the end

Eurofag here. Movie had 9 alternative endings here.. one of em being the suicide in utero... The ending they used was a crappy one.

>ASS2ASS

very clever. i liked the OST or any of clint mansels shit

I bet none of you fucktards can explain true meaning behind this masterpiece

>talking about books in a movie threads

>omg nolan is the modeorn dai kubrack

impawards.com/2008/posters/wall_e.jpg

overrated piece of shit that doesnt do any justice to the book.

>interstellar
>smart
try harder, faggot

It's only "cringy" to edgy surface issue fags that can't get into exposition and abstract thinking. Scientists said this is the most accurate film to represent how another dimension would look if it were created by a human.

People should read books sometimes.

Movies are great for entertainment, and even for opening up the mind to concepts previously unheard of, but all in all, every movie in this thread has been a book before.

even some of Hollywoods greatest movie flops were great books once, for example, pic related, absolutely abhorrent movie, but the book was one of this centuries greatest with an ending no one could have predicted.

Yes cause the ending is so scientific... just use love to transcend dimensions and avoid black hole spaghettification

Britfag - Abortion was the standard ending here. I think a couple alternatives on the DVD extras, didn't watch until much later.

you're obviously retarded but I imagine you're also really fat, ugly and lonely. Enjoy your pathetic excuse of a life. Have you ever seen that film were the protagonist is about to kill himself and then changes his mind suddenly and everythings OK? kill yourself

You don't have to be smart, but if you don't like it it's because you hate women.

this made complete sense. was brilliantly made, i will admit

And by the way you explain
>action spacey stuff
I can tell your grammar is at such a low level, that you without a doubt don't even know what exposition is.

>Love transcends dimensions
give me a break, user

The one on the right looks nice

well for me books and movies are just two different media to transport some message. and for some message one can be a lot better than the other or even not suitable at all. look at ulysses - you could make a movie out of it, but it would basically boil down to 5 yours of inner monologue, which doesnt use the advantages of being a movie at all. on the contrary, a book about spirited away can never capture the visuals which are very important for its concept.

it's a great movie but there's no underlying meaning it's an old story. buddy of mine from ny gave me the book. check it out short read tho. it's called OIL!

Also mostly done with practical effects because Christopher Nolan knows how to be a real director even in the digital shit cgi age.

>interstellar
>not smart
try education, loser.

I guess I was wrong, the cringiest fucking thing wasn't the ending of Interstellar after all.

>pop
there's a lot of music in this film and pop isn't the right genre to describe it.

I think you missed "quanted mechanicals" dipshit

I really like this movie. Decent plot that's simple but not too simple, and it doesn't have a happy ending. Cool low-budget visual effects, and a really suited soundtrack.

You're an idiot. It has nothing to do with the book. It's a metaphor for Stanley Kubricks life.

ITT: films that only pretentious hipster faggots "understand".

Sci FI films aren't always scientifically accurate. What's to explain?

lachowski sisters did a great job