(19:30 cest)
essex - kent
sussex - middlesex
warwickshire - northamptonshire
(20:00 cest)

>euro 2016
wales - belgium (21:00 cest)

Other urls found in this thread:

stillmed.olympic.org/media/Document Library/OlympicOrg/Documents/National-Olympic-Committees/List-of-National-Olympic-Committees-in-IOC-Protocol-Order.pdf#_ga=1.201572056.855940065.1467364861
theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/30/hamburg-fans-petition-sign-northern-ireland-cult-hero-will-grigg
vocaroo.com/i/s0CpfrTj3yRj
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

goooooooooooooood morning

>Shane Watson: Ashes Tests do not need pink balls

Good afternoon. About to go for a run.

No shit sherlock. Why play D/N Tests if normal Ashes Tests already have massive crowds and TV audience numbers?

to get even more massive crowds and tv audiences

how do you get a bigger crowd when the venue is sold out? :\

TV audience I guess but it might spoil the competition a bit. Next Ashes is 2017/18 and Australia will have played atleast 3 D/N Tests just at home by then (possibly more away) so England will be at a massive disadvantage because they might not have played with the pink ball at all.

That said, the night session helps the bowlers a shitload with swing and seam so James "homebabby" Anderson might not be completely fucking useless in Australia for once

>how do you get a bigger crowd when the venue is sold out?
expand the existing venues, build new bigger venues or move matches to bigger venues, e.g. have a test at wembley instead of lord's

Fucking foolproof idea

Why don't we just get germans to run the ICC?

what's the salary of the icc president? i'd probably do the job for less money

>But even before Gove (and his two aides) arrived at Johnson’s house, he was beginning to worry about whether the former London mayor was putting enough effort into the mammoth challenge they faced.
>There was barely concealed irritation that instead of getting stuck into the detail of planning a strategy, Johnson had spent time on Saturday playing in a cricket match between a team made up of his family and an Earl Spencer’s XI at Althorp House

>Just a day after sterling had crashed and shares tumbled, a chillaxing Johnson was posturing in his cricket whites.

Cricket confirmed more important than being Prime Minister

they literally. LITERALLY. do it >for free

but how much bribes do they get from the bcci, ecb and ca?

none i suspect since those three boards you mentioned just pick the ICC Pres. The current president was literally the BCCI president until a few months ago

ICC is not like FIFA, it is not a meaningful independent entity. it is a members club, though that may be about to change drastically if reports of the reforms they are drawing up are true.

>Gar nicht so lange her, da hat so mancher in dieser Stadt die Augen verdreht, als Hertha BSC mit dem Werbeslogan "Play Berlin" um die Ecke kam. Die Botschaft von 2003 ist Geschichte, nun probiert's der Klub mit einer neuen: „We try. We fail. We win.“

cricket reminds me of football in the 1950s. poorly organised and alot of glorified friendlies

It's only really been professionalised in the same way as any other major sport in the past 8 years so you're not that far off actually.

>It's only really been professionalised in the same way as any other major sport
wat

it's been fully professional since World Series Cricket

Rugby is the worst and only became pro in '95

you're correct about the shitty organisation. In the early days administrators literally tried to stop other people from playing the game. It's honestly surprising the game is played outside of the settled Anglo colonies (aus/nz/sa) at all given that legacy.

Cricket administrators have always been self-serving and reactionary. The single reason cricket isnt in the Olympics this year is because the ECB didn't want it to clash with their domestic season for two weeks lel.

As for the glorified friendlies thing. I agree when it comes to bi-lateral LOI matches, but I think three+ match tours are the optimal way to play Test cricket. Any other way of organising Tests would just be disjointed and become a logistical nightmare.

It does seem they're becoming aware of this. The idea of a 3-year long league sounds pretty cool IMO, because you can't fluke a win at all. But one has reasons to be incredibly skeptical of the ICC's ability to actually make a difference.

>because you can't fluke a win at all
I can't remember an ODi World Cup ever being 'fluked'. Infact certainly since '99 the best team at the tournament has won everytime. I don't know much about before then but those Windies and that Paki team were great. Only anomalies might be Sri Lanka '96 and Australia '87?

But I agree I like the 3 year league thing. If not for the context, just because it will force a better playing schedule rather than AUS/IND/ENG all playing eachother a gorillion times for shekels. I don't think Australia has played Bangladesh once in the past 5 years in ODI cricket. Cant even remember the last Test series.

>Cant even remember the last Test series.
bro relly

oh i definitely remember THAT. The funniest part was Ponting was the one who sent him in, and he returned the favour by running Pointing out

just wasnt sure if there had been some meme series played in the winter in Cairns/Darwin since id forgotten about

Idk maybe there was I just know that was the last series in bangladesh. Zimbabwe aside I think it's the longest gap between two series currently standing, and they cancelled it lmeo.

wew lads it's actually happening

>Cricket will be included in the 2024 Olympics if Rome wins their bid to host the games
>France Cricket is attempting to win a similar commitment with the Paris organising committee.

Now just sit back and watch as this is a miserable failure. I like the idea of it since it means more funding but fuck me in the bum it'll be a mess. Even a moderate number of teams would mean a fucking ridiculous length comp

>So wird es in der kommenden Saison in der Kabine von Borussia Dortmund hängen: Das neue Auswärtstrikot des BVB.

So, if only 12 teams were included, three might come from Europe, three from Asia, two from Africa, two or three from America and the Caribbean and two or three from the South Pacific area. It could well be that some well-known cricket nations - notably England, who are part of the UK in Olympic terms - miss out.

Wew so on that basis

>3 from Europe (not UK)
Netherlands
?????????????
????????????????????????????????????

>3 from Asia
India
Pakistan
Sri Lanka

>2 from Africa
Seth Africa
Rhodesia

>2 from Americas/Carribbean
Trinidad and Jamaica?

>2 or 3 from South Pacific
NZ
Aus
PNG?

Now THAT is a fucking meme comp senpai

>3 from Europe (not UK)
>not UK
why?

team gb, ireland, netherlands makes the most sense

KEK I just looked at the rankings and the #2 and #3 Euro team outside of UK (unless you count Ireland) are fucking Jersey and Denmark

>Jersey will qualify and England won't

KEK

Yeah I mean logically a 16 team cup would be

Australia
India
Great Britain
Pakistan
New Zealand
Sri Lanka
Bangladesh
South Africa
Zimbabwe
Afghanistan
Ireland
Trinidad & Tobago
Jamaica
Barbados
St Kitts & Nevis
Netherlands

But I'm sure they'll have some ultra-meme qualifier that would shove some meme teams in it. IMO that could make it better, otherwise it'd be just like another WT20, having Jersey compete would give ultra meme value

Reminder that Germany is unironically below Gibraltar (a literal rock with like 20 people) and the Isle of Man in the rankings

okay, just realised that northern ireland is part of the british olympic association and southern ireland part of the olympic council of ireland. but as long as the players from northern ireland are citizens of the republic of ireland there shouldn't be a problem

why not UK?

Idk that's just what was in the article m8 you look into it

>unless you count Ireland

Republic of Ireland yes

>>Jersey will qualify
no it wont, Jersey isn't a sovereign state which I think is the criteria to quality for the Olympics

I did and I think you misinterpreted it

it says that " some well-known cricket nations - notably England " would not go.

That is correct. "England" would not go, but Team GB (ie England rebranded) would. It should be mostly the same

it's only Soccer and Rugby that team GB don't compete in because all the home nations have their own teams. That isn't an issue for cricket (implying Scotland even matters)

>a sovereign state which I think is the criteria to quality for the Olympics
i think they just need a national olympic committee. for example the british virgin islands have their own even though they're not a sovereign state

yes you're quite right: stillmed.olympic.org/media/Document Library/OlympicOrg/Documents/National-Olympic-Committees/List-of-National-Olympic-Committees-in-IOC-Protocol-Order.pdf#_ga=1.201572056.855940065.1467364861

still, Jersey doesn't have one so they wouldn't count. Based on that model I'd imagine it would be Team GB, RO Ireland and Netherlands from Europe.

Allan Border faced club bowlers in his career, never played a T20 innings, what a LOOSER. Kohli would kill him.always plays great overseas under extreme pressure.

Yeah likely

Still it would be a slightly different mix than the standard WT20, and teams would likely not send full strength teams so could be a meme. We'd likely see Bangladesh cucked out of it too.

I personally think it'll be a total fucking mess but it's good for growing the game.

>and teams would likely not send full strength teams

why not? only team i could possibly think might do that is England

>39 posts
>6 posters

Thanks for the +1, squareflag

Reminder that WE will win the meme cricket olympics

He Bergjuden, wisst ihr schon, wen ihr am Samstag gewinnen lassen wollt?

germany

yay :) ty

>lifting the italy curse
dont think so m8

Cricket in the Olympics would do wonders for t20 but it might not gain much popularity for ODIs and tests of how "long" they goes on for.

morning

morning

real bundes where

here

denmark is waking up now

>Austria

so Brondby won

errr, who is this?

On my way to Amsterdam

The book title says "reasons to stay alive"

Aye. Very encouraging signs. I was very surprised. Wilczek looked good.

hey, we should meet

>Reasons to stay alive

i love it

theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/30/hamburg-fans-petition-sign-northern-ireland-cult-hero-will-grigg

i still dont understand that meme

it seems will doesnt like it himself

not a fan

My predestined girlfriend and ex childhood friend is getting married today. I will probably end myself tonight. Yeah i got an invite just couldnt participate.

its time.

Please watch cricket

Write Eurosport and tell them to show it and then I will watch your sport.

Fuck yeah, sitting in a train with a bunch of dudes who play oldschool german hiphop a la beginner and ferris mc on their boombox. im on my first weizen

What are you doing in Amsterdam?

Going to see "stand up comedy" live tomorrow

>reasons to stay alive
>blank page

Im arriving at half 5 at amsterdam centraal and meet with 2 girls and 5 dudes. i would meet you if i were on my own but in this situation i prefer to not having to look out for a friend ive never seen before

looool

spending time with people who care for me and vice versa, ending with sensation white "tomorrow" evening

How do you know these people?
Will you be abusing drugs on your trip?

From school and the friends of those school friends. No. I will be going with alcohol. Thanks for the questions, I like answering them

Germans are like robots

Do you hope to make out with a qt at sensation white?
What does your outfit look like? (inb4 white)
Need to know brands and stuff

i hope it rains tomorrow

Will be interesting to see if I will laugh. Can't remember the last time I did that. We'll be in the fifth row so I don't want to sit all serious and look like I'm bored.

I tend to have a good chuckle whenever an international sporting tournament comes around (doesnt matter whether it is soccer, cricket or rugby) just by watching the English team in said competition

The funniest one was probably them getting knocked out of the CWC by Bangladesh, just because of the format and the fact it was fucking Bangladesh.

Iceland was better but I couldnt watch it live because of the time

No
White H&M t-shirt size Large, white solid H&M pants Size 32, white puma shoes I bought eight years ago and wore ten times in total since then

>large
fatty detected

Good stuff

hi manletto

>he wears S or M
manchild detected

>white puma shoes
I hope those are not the F1 type Schumi ones.
You'll look like a fuckin Polacke

Why would a little WORM like you need a shirt?

>all this /cric/

glorious

About time this cuck nation took up cricket.

What part of Bavaria are you from m9?

cuck

i am feeling great today guys, it has been a long time since i had this smile on my face, and it feels pretty good. Hopefully i am not the only one?

haha great blog

Unfortunate reminder this happened
vocaroo.com/i/s0CpfrTj3yRj

alcohol is a drug btw

the more you know

it isn't

it's a drink

WIll you slut it up at some downtown bar tonight?
You'll need that vertical grin to feel compßlete.

ethanol, which is obviously meant, is a drug

then why can i buy it at the supermarket?

>frog posting
guess i won that argument

Who's hyped for the the roses later? If you aren't supporting Lancs you deserve a traitors death.