Ehy do Southern Europeans dive so much...

Ehy do Southern Europeans dive so much? In Iceland - England game there was a lot of physical contact with hardly any diving (most of them from the blackies on ENG side), but in yesterday's POR - POL game the Poles didn't dive yet the Portuguese kept falling over even from the slightest of touch. It's fucking infuriating to watch a grown man fall over from a slight nudge and then throw his hands in the air in protrst for no foul call. Why do they do it?

Pic related, biggest bitch of a diver I know.

To clarify, I know it can be a tactical choice to dive but it makes you as a player seem like a little fucking bitch for falling over the moment you lose the ball.

South Americans are even worse divers m8

You new to this game?? Obviously don't bother watching anything except EPL, everything else is euromanlettrash falling over and weeping like babies. Italians are the worst of the worst

Is it the keyword South that imprints the need to dive in one's subconscious?

>Donaldo

Not new to the sport, I just got rather angry at the diving culture southerners have

Because most s. euros and latinos usually don't care about fair play and will do anything to get an advantage on the game

Why are Australians always so butthurt about Italians? Did they steal all your petrol and kill your pet kangaroos?

We're willing to cheat if it makes it easier to reach the goal

>Southern life 101

Is Robben an honorary Southern European?

Daily reminder body part are literally washing up on your Olympic beach

t. Cristberto Barbonaldo

What I said is the truth tho. You would have an heart attack if you saw how same things are managed here.

They dove in quarter finals of 2006 WC QF, eliminating us and went on to win. Was probably Australia's best effort at an international level and retards here say shit like >"Well, if we almost beat them, they won by cheating and they went on to win, then we could've won"

Still, it was a shit dive and I've hated Italy until I watched them destroy Belgium for their lack of good forwards.

Probably. Do you guys down south lack a moral compass?

People with Latin genes are inherently dishonest

Crap economy, rampant inflation, low employment, crap infrastructure, stuck in the past, can't speak English, no future prospects to stop eating out of garbage cans. Literally lower than Roma. Brazil is a good example. Obviously you get one shot to pull your family out of debt cycle you'll make some Grey choices.

I guess. I'd still expect some backbone and honest from a grown man.

PERFIDIO

Yes. Otherwise he wouldn't act like a baby every time someone touches him.

>Moral compass
Southern people have a strong moral compass but we'll always try to find a way to play the system. But on the other hand you ask a neighbor for help and they will try to do their best to help you.

>lol it's okay to be a deceitful cheating cunt
>WE HAVE A STRONG MORAL COMPAS!

it was a clear foul m8.
if a defender goes that way into the box is penalty 90% of the time, it was a risky tackle.
maybe you are used to rugby or fucking australian football so you don't know the rules tbqh

Yes you are right. We are too used to rugby. Watch a man take a swinging forearm to the jaw by a 120kg prop and then shake it off without a word and keep playing and you can see how truly pathetic diving is.

It was only Eliseu, thats what they teach them in benfica, if a light breeze blows by you need to dive.

because they are greasy, scummy cheating subhumans

how is this even a question though?

how can you honestly say brow people are equal when they aways lie,cheat and steal?

>Can't speak english

I'll have to disagree with you here, most portuguese people speak english well enough to converse with someone.

Why ? because everything's subtitled instead of dubbed and because there's always some fucking tourist asking for directions

Careful there hans or I'll buy an extra Porsche with benies from the EU, and that is coming out of your pocket.

You haven't lost to us yet, can't you wait until then before crying so much?

this is such a logical post, I don't understand how anyone can argue against it
the diving is out of control, a fundamental, international change in the way the game is officiated is required in order to fix it

What about that black dude in england's squad diving for penalty and ref not yellowing?

Wrong OP, the English team had big ass diving pussies
If you re-watch the game, you will notice that whenever the English team tried to attack the Icelandic goal, the Icelandic team did everything they could to both keep them from scoring, and from touching them.

It's simply a consequence of the shady rules. What is a foul? Not all contacts are considered foul. The natural evolution was for players to exagerate the fall. Most penalty kicks wouldn't be awarded if the player just acted normal and tried to stay on his feet. It's not only a southern Europe thing, Robben penal.

We're the good guys from Disney movies. We're poor and cheeky and we don't play by the rules, but our heart is in the right place and that's what's important. Contrast with northern """""europeans"""""" who are exactly the kind of rich but heartless old men that make up like 80% of all children's movie villains.

>Robben
it's like op has never seen oranje play
they dive enough to make up for the entire north's lack of it

kek
salty tears

That's exactly it. "South" subconsciously translates to "down" as in, "the ground".

Because the higher the level at which one plays, the more it's been ingrained in them that diving is a legit skill that helps win matches, because the higher the competition level, the higher the proportion of goals scored on set pieces.

>it's beneficial for your team but it doesn't make you look good
So Icelanders confirmed for no heart, all bling?
:^)

NO to racism

NO al razzismo

Is this Euro your first time watching the sport?

>Projecting this much

>So Icelanders confirmed for no heart, all bling?
>:^)

We have honour.

Sup Forums gets so cringy sometimes.

Pepe is the worst of the bunch, not only because he dives, but because he's an aggressive foul player on top of it. You could at the very least pick one side.

It's true, we semen slurp a lot. It's embarrassing but at least there wasn't that much semen slurping yesterday.

Because most southern europeans are not as buff and sturdy as northern europeans. Their body type is more slender and homosexual, so they flop to compensate for the raw strength they lack.

>we semen slurp a lot

Talk for yourself.

>Implying Portugal doesn't dive-grass all the time
Don't try to deny it, fellow Barbosa

>South Americans are even worse divers m8

esto

Football requires acting skills, it´s part of the game

Southerners: Short-term goal orientation > long-term goal orientation. We're more indulgent and feminine.

Which is why we cheat more than you.

It's also why we're better at sex and you guys have trouble getting it up.
Refer to Hofstede's Cultural Dimensions for more information.

Honestly why is diving even a thing anymore? Fifa/Uefa are such fucking corrupt nigs for not putting in some kind of replay system for refs.

I've always wanted to see a system where a group of off-field judges can review replays and decide what to call. This would be so much more fun to watch, with less diving and less corruption, less yelling at the ref, less whiny shit in football in general

Thoughts?

ITT: anglo propaganda
Yes, mediterranean and South American teams dive a lot, we are a bunch of dirty cheaters and we have no honor or work ethic, that's why we hold 80% of World Cups.
But don't worry lads, you'll be rewarded in heaven for your goodness, you can win all the cups there while we burn in hell :^)

Your opinion as to what would make more entertaining football is irrelevant because you're an Icenig who lives in a volcanic wasteland.

The best times to watch football were the 80s and 90s and during that time we had a bunch of corruption, teamfights, referees getting their shit pushed in by players, maximum divegrass, the hand of god, coke, whores and Eric Cantona karate kicking a teenager supporter in the face.

So no, you austistic proto-human, we don't need to tidy up the sport. This isn't a clinic or a finnish classroom, it's fucking football, and the dirtier it is, the better.

completely agreed

you should watch Libertadores if you already don't m8

it's all that

I would, but I can only watch football if I'm rooting for 1 team and I don't know or care about any teams in South America. Maybe River Plate.

He learned a lot from other southern europeans and realized that the best players ever are always southern-something(marradona, pele, eusebio, ronaldo, etc) so he started looking for the secret. It's the diving

Muscular >1.85m men against slender 1.75m ones. Look at fucking Moutinho. What do you expect?

Nobody dives in Oranje outside of Robben and maybe Van Persie (picked that shit up at arselel)

.Because it's allowed and when we latin people want something we take it.We were explorers and conquerors for millenia before some bumfuck farmers decided to raid some shitass churches, you may have better systems today but we have the godly genes of Alexander in our veins and that will never change

Eusebio never once dived. He ended up with a knee the size of a pumpkin. Never again.

Which refers back to the playing style. Southerners are more technically gifted players, northerners are more physical. So it's in southerners best interest (even to their health) to go down easily and it's in the northerners best interest to shame them for that because the only way they have to stop them is with hard tackles.

Nobody does shit in Oranje because they're home fapping to Penaldo's impressive pecs on TV.

>Romanian gypsy
>we wuz explorers and conquerors for millenia
>got Alexanders genes

Stop trying to ride on other's merits just because your words kinda look sorta but not really similar to ours.

LMFAO

latin cultures are very high context, in that we catch on to subtleties better than the more mechanistic northern europeans, less autistic basically

so along the technical sphere, there is a psychological basis for diving because not only we see we can gain from it on a practical level, but also that it pisses off the other team and can lead them to get cards or lose their shit, making the game easier

>Because most southern europeans are not as buff and sturdy as northern europeans

This. There's a reason why most strongmen are from places like Scandinavia, UK, Poland, Lithuania or Germany and not Spain, Italy and Greece.