Do you really have free will? Where do your thoughts come from?

Do you really have free will? Where do your thoughts come from?

The orb tells me what to do

you don't have a free will. I believe in causality.

A distressing amount of my thoughts come from my dick

Nice dubs

I have a vote I can choose how I vote but in the end it won't change anything really am I free?

Neurologist here. My opinion is that your unique nervous system is constantly rewiring itself based on the environment and based on the various biological functions the thing that is perceived as "you" is responding without any control. If the nervous system is presented a problem, say will I put on a red or a blue shirt, it solves it based on its unique structure that has nothing to do with "you" control over it. Control, or free will if you want, is just an illusion of our biology.

You don't have a choice. You just think you do. Your biology makes the choice before "you" know it. See

Why do you think we have distinct personalities though? Just the way out brains came together and/or maybe our environment to some degree?

>OK mister neurologist where does the electricity in our brains come frome

Daym

If tought of language or in instinct motion?

Because saying something in a language in tought is then, but doing something instinctively is more like now. Like a frequent motion.

not the neurologist, but I would say chemical reactions.

i agree

the illusion of the free will and our intelligence are caused by neurotransmitters so that our organism survives and lives the best

>we are literally AI of the robot called human body

the end is near so to speak then.

Do you think our arms, our hearts, our vocal cords are the same? Everything is different. You are born with a set of skills deemed for survival by the evolutionary strategy our species has, then you have the society and experiences that shape those things. If you practice jogging every day, it's more likely your heart will be quite different in structure from one that has been fed mcdonalds. Same thing with our nervous system. It wires itself in embryonal development. Then you have nuture, the diet, experiences that strengthen certain synapses and make you do things differently than your peers would. It's actually proven the decision is made before the "you" knows it. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to function. Our brains were developed to throw harpoon points to animals and read face expressions to quickly organise in a coordinated hunting group.

Where do you think it comes from? I actually work with EEG daily so I am interested in your explanation to what allows me to perform my diagnosis.

they come from my penis

To belive you can be real, yet not accepting it is wierd. We are animals lets just put it like that. An advanced form of monkeys. Choice of personalities comes from what perspective you have. Im done

Agreed. Another thing I would like to point out is the influence of the gut microbiota on the mind. It would seem that probiotic bacteria affect our neurology in such an extensive way that they control a lot of our behaviour.

>It's actually proven the decision is made before the "you" knows it.
This is what will always kind of freak me out.

I you accept that free will is an illusion, is murders (e.g. Breivik) responsible for his/ hers actions?

Again me, this is correct. Intestinal microfloral life affects so many ways it's quite obvious it changes the neuronal activity and thus the end product - you.

What is more interesting is an experiment that is trying to prove that our neural system is reading the future to accomodate itself in the environment. It's common that participants can press the button corresponding to color before it appears, which cannot be explained by the current understanding of physics.

The unique nervous system that you call Anders Breivik is responsible for it and thus you lock this nervous system to a prison. If you want to be really technical, the "you" of Anders Breivik is not responsible.