Ingrown toenail got me fucked up. One day at work and I got this shit. Am I gonna die?

Ingrown toenail got me fucked up. One day at work and I got this shit. Am I gonna die?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T4JS6sXTEfI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Dude, i recommend you to go see a doctor.

My brother had this, had to put bandages and wear open shoes for a year. Finally got surgery to remove some of his toe.
Go see a doctor.

Did. They've been giving me pills but they're not helping. I'm on my second type now.

My brother got pliers and literal pulled the ingrown nail out. I suggest liquoring up and doing that

a buddy of mine had this (not this bad but still)
He had the nail pulled off, and the did som surgery.

Go see a real doctor maybe ?

now why you let it get THIS bad? lol go to the nearest urgent care or emergency room. a regular doctors office won't do anything but refer you to a podiatrist

You got aids your doomed

I did that for years and it just grows back, get the surgery jackass it saves time and pain

concur, you could have dealt with this yourself long ago

now its become too much for you, you need to seek medical help

This
I had one of this shit, surgery was the only option

iv never had them this bad but I just use these and cut the sides of the nail and then pull out most of the nail you look like you need surgery tho

Time stamp or gtfo.

I've had this shit 17 times. You go and get some antibiotics and then get a small surgery to remove half, or in this case, the entire nail. I could ask to add some form of acid to make sure the nails wouldn't grow out normally again, and after 15 surgeries i sure as fuck wanted it.

guess it's settled. Problem is, getting surgery here is shit. I'm still waiting for surgery on my elbow 2 years later.
But yes, you're all probably right. It's never usually this bad, I tend to keep it clean and put antibacterial on it regularly. But the past few days it's been worse. I'll look into it.

you could quit easily die from that actually.

go get the surgery to have them cut out, best feeling you will ever experience

Take a warm shower/bath and try to clean that shit before you go, or they will, and it hurts

It's too late for that to be saved by anything but surgery. Afterwards, anytime you feel like you might be getting an ingrown toenail after a regular nail clip, use fusidic acid on the painful area.

honestly as a kid i got ingrown toenails alot. I had two surgeries for seperate ingrown toenails. cost about $400 each. Third time i went to a nail place and the the pedicurist fixed it with next to no pain for very fucking cheap/

I had it on the left and right one. Go to a doctor. It won't go away by itself, no matter what you try.

Go to a doctor holy shit. They will cut it out

timestamp that shit

Get ready to do some bathroom surgery OP.

youtube.com/watch?v=T4JS6sXTEfI

No expert on foot injuries but having had a bad ingrown before you need to go and see a doc. It's a fairly simple operation and, while it sucks at the time, It will save your ingrown toenail from making your toe infected and septic. Avoid putting weight on the toe until then. Putting weight on the toe could shove the wayward nail more and more into the skin, and push bacteria further and further in.

Shave your hairy fucking toes and maybe you could of avoided something like this

Yeah, death by nasty-ass toenail. See a doctor faggot.

I had this on both sides of both of my big toes for fucking NINE YEARS. I tried just living with it for the longest time, and then eventually went to get one of my feet done at a clinic. BIG MISTAKE. That motherfucker clipped the top of the toenail, then RIPPED the rest out. It fucked up the toe for awhile, resulted in the worst pain I've ever felt in my life (struggling to breathe, couldn't talk for hours), and just fucking got ingrown and infected again within a couple weeks.

GO TO A CHIROPODIST. They fixed both my feet with minimal pain, I just had to sit back with whichever foot was worked on up for a couple days. I have normal feet again, after nine fucking years of not being able to run well, ever swim, or wear shoes even slightly tight on the toes.

>Chiropodist

DO IT, BEST DECISION OF MY LIFE. I CAN KICK THINGS AGAIN.

A foot doc will remove that in 5 minutes, no surgery needed. Your problem is infection. You need to start a hyper strong course of antibiotics ASAP to try to save as much of that toe as possible. May already be too late to save it all. Maybe not though, depends on your immune system. But yeah get the fuck off Sup Forums and head to an ER now. Faggot

nigga, ive got an ingrown nail since 2004. went to the doctor twice, he got it fixed but in 2 o 3 months shit got nasty again.
ive never had surgery -although i never got my toe like your pic- and take care of it myself. the key is never letting the nail go too deep into the skin. little by little you need to 'lift' the nail thats carving into the flesh to avoid infection and such.
but in that state i think u need some surgery man

pic related: its my toe just after i lifted the piece of nail that was getting into the skin

Shitty genetics, OP. Sorry you're suffering.

>hat motherfucker clipped the top of the toenail, then RIPPED the rest out
The fuck kind of backwater clinic was that?

You need to seek the Lord. Ask him to heal you.

DO NOT GO TO A DOCTOR. DO NOT GO TO A FOOT DOCTOR (podiatrist is what you will get, you do not want a podiatrist)

YOU WANT A CHIROPODIST. This shit is their SPECIALTY, and they deal with it on a regular basis.

It wasn't even a bad one is the thing. They're in a wealthy town, the place is well-funded and everything. That's just how regular fuck doctors deal with this, because in theory it works. You don't want some basic bitch doctor who knows the theory, you want somebody who deals with this every week. Chiropodist. I can't stress this enough.

Chiropodist. Right. That sounds like the best bet. Might be harder to find one here but I'll have a look online.

Ripped this one out last week. Even after the surgery it'll grow back gotta keep pulling it out before it starts to cause pain. If you're feeling pain it'll puncture the skin quickly and infection is very soon after that.

lmao it's not "surgery" -surgery, like they put you on a table and under general anesthesia like greys anatomy. they just numb your toe. clip your nails. then youre good to go. however yours is a bit extra so they might take the whole thing off. but youre awake.

While I know my case is just an anecdotal case, you're not going to lose your toe to this infection. I had infections on both of my big toes for nine years. Get the ingrown toenail taken care of by a chiropodist, they will clean it up nicely and remove whatever infected material they safely can (your foot will be numbed and won't feel any of it).

The rest from there is just soaking your foot in warm-hot water with epsom salts in it, keeping the toe clean, airing it out at a level above your heart (stops some of the throbbing and bleeding), and then if you have to move at all, even around the house, Polysporin and bandage. Just keep it clean and take it easy for a couple days and you'll already be feeling much better, and the infection will be gone in no time.

>Am I gonna die?
We all will.

Eh, had that several times, if you go to a doctor all they're going to do is yank your toenail out, or clip off a chunk.

You can sort it out yourself by clippin away the part of the toenail that's ingrown, it's going to hurt like hell since you'll have to yank around a bit to make sure you got all of it, but it'll heal fully after a week or two.

it looks like a cancer

Mine kept growing back so I had a doctor cut part of the nail all the way down to the root and then he pulled the root out so now a portion of the nail never grows back.

>it's not "surgery"

This. If you do the chiropodist route, they will give you a couple needles in your toe which does hurt, but not as much as the ingrown nail does at times. Your toe and most, if not all, of your foot will be numb. I was a little bitch and told them I have a resistance to numbing agents- they gave me a double dose of the strong stuff, which worked wonders.

They cut out the sides of the nail, kill the nail root so it doesn't just grow straight back in, remove any infection they can (the scabbing and such), then clean it up and bandage you up. They give you some very detailed instructions on how to care for it for the next couple days, and then send you home to rest.

I was able to get by on just a couple over-the-counter painkillers at the very most, but even then it wasn't very bad. To this day my toes look mostly normal again- the one I had done at a random clinic that they ripped out looks a little bit crooked, but the one that only the chiropodist touched looks completely normal.

I had this for years, I'm so glad I got rid of it.

Solution:

Don't cut the sides of your toe nails ever, try to let it grow out on the sides. Can take some weeks. And don't fucking touch it with your dirty hands and don't apply pressure on it, just don't touch it.

Use disinfectant on it after showering and let it dry on the air, you don't want it to be moist at all. Go to sleep and repeat the next days until it's healed

I also had it for about a year
Then I had enough and went to a laser surgeon
Had half of my toenail lasered off
It was pretty strange smelling my own cooking flesh
Then it healed in a few weeks
And then my other toenail grown in
I went to that same surgeon again and never had a problem with my toenails ever since
Pic related, this is how it looks now