I just started following european football (mostly english) and I can't decide what club to support...

I just started following european football (mostly english) and I can't decide what club to support. there are way too many options to even narrow the selection process down to a top 40

amerifags: how did you pick a team? or did you never pick one and just follow the FA in general like I'm doing now?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middlesbrough_F.C.#History
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sporting_Clube_de_Portugal#History
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ACF_Fiorentina#History
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athletic_Bilbao#History
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you don't have to support a club right a way when you just started following the sport
a good start would be watching champions league and europa league knockout games with /speh/, eventually you'll find a team you like

Burnley are always in need of new supporters...

Tune-in at random when your channel is showing an EPL game, and support the team you liked more in the match from that point on

Or just support Arsenal

You're not supposed to choose a club, your club chooses you.

Thank me later

What's /speh/?

I don't follow teams just players I like. I think I'll bandwagon Leicester though unless a new underdog team memes their way to a high placement on the table.

What's with the teams in green.

I'm not really going for top 40 best. right now I kind of love all the clubs equally except for man u

They did not qualify for international football this year.

I think they didn't qualify for european competition this season

>AC Milan that low

I'm still mad.

the proper pronunciation of Sup Forums of course

Look a the jerseys and follow the one that you'd be willing to wear

Pick an American team, preferably in your own region.

Just watch as a neutral, you'll begib to find teams you enjoy and watch more than others, maybe in the service season you'll find one that you'll commit to supporting

If you're into European football in general, see the following.

England - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middlesbrough_F.C.#History
Portugal - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sporting_Clube_de_Portugal#History
Italy - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ACF_Fiorentina#History
Spain - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athletic_Bilbao#History

These are the clubs I actually follow and feel some kind of connection.
Check out Bilbao with special attention, since its foundation, Athletic has played exclusively with players meeting the criteria to be deemed as Basque players.

You don't "pick" a team stupid amerifat, love for a team comes from the heart.

This question really says it all about american "fan culture", where you "pick" a team and then attend their games to eat cheap fast food without even watching the game.

yes because those types of American "fans" are the ones who would get into European football. fuck off

where does that love come from? now do you better understand the question?

I bought a Blackburn home shirt because I thought it looked cool & they have never really changed its design for a very long time

Lesta, West 'Am and Southampton are all good teams to bandwagon at the moment. You could also support West Brom and become the second Baggie (after myself) on Sup Forums. We have a nice shirt and we're shit so we're a solid hipster choice.

Dortmund for pulisic

i started rooting for everton and i honestly dont even know why

just watch some premier league and it'll probably come to you as well

>Dirtmund that high

Just watch teams until you find one you like. That's what I did.

>americlap

>half of the NT plays for Sporting
>the team doesn't even rank in the top 40
Pretty embarassing desu

Support your local team (Closest to your hometown).

*thread is about the FA*
*amerifag*

Support Arsenal or die

>thread is about FA

Just support West Ham , bro. They're okay to watch.

>plastics gone since >we were shit for 4 years
>100% dank memes coming this season

Or Arsenal, obviously. Liverpool if you are older than 30.

best teams to bandwagon in the 4 major leagues:

liverpool
acf fiorentina
athletic bilbao
>schalke

arsenal are the english national team of clubs so don't support them.

I'm a Spurs fan, just because I have family from North London

It's been tough.

Not OP but in a similar boat.

I'm picking up Norwich City because I'm arbitrarily picking based on where my ancestors came from.

What am I in for?

utter shit

Lazio is the team I have the strongest connection to, regardless of sport.

just support leicester like every other newfag including me

>Nazio

England can't even make the top four of any major tournament. We're closer to Liverpool (irrelevant club that still thinks its a title contender).

>t.antifa fag

I don't even remember how I chose Liverpool as the club I support. It just kinda happened.

good championship campaign finishing in the play offs next season. most relegated side in premier league history. lots of ups and downs. little team mentality. start by learmning the lyrics to OTBC

if you want to do it like a real sportsfan then you should just follow the league and sooner or later you'll like a team, probably because you feel related to them as both of you are beta fags (I'm thinking about arsenal)

or you could pick a team as kids do, you probably know some famous players like Agüero or Zlatan so you could pick their teams, or also choose a club based in they kit colours, theit badge or their name, nothing wrong with that

What possible reason could you have to hate man u more than some of those disgusting muslim oil clubs?

>t. Zecke

Lazio and Hellas Verona are somehow the clubs in Italy I like the most, but I guess I just like Verona because of a book about them I read

support peterborough, the owner is a chill bro on twitter who talks about club business with the fans.

for prem club to support, Crystal Palace is going to be pretty good next year(spending ~40m this summer + alan pardew)

If you want a team that hates Man U as well, there's Liverpool, Man City, Leeds (which isn't in the EPL but the league under it), and more recently, Arsenal

Don't support Arsenal though.

I really want to support afc wimbledon but I don't want to look like a faggot who masturbates to vlog brothers videos

Support Chelsea, they have rich history, are in a JUST position, about to be UNJUSTed by Antonio Conte.

He will lead Chelsea to greatness and you can watch the rebirth of this beautiful club. Essential-core Chelsea includes:

>any game against Arselel, Totteshit and the irrelevant London clubs
>UEFA Champions League 2007/08
>UEFA Champions League 2011/12
>2009 Ancelotti attacking football at its peak
>Late 90s Chelsea was GOAT.

SS Lazio, always a good choice if you have a stiff right arm