too long of a song that doesn't go anywhere
should have been 2:30 mins
but idk this whole funkadelic vibe was done better by connan mockasin
Can see this be well received since donalds fanbase barely listens to any music
expect an 8.0 from p4k
and 7 from needledrop

this synth is fucking tasty

dead wrong lol

I like it. I'm definitely going to check out this album.

not an argument

great alternative hip hop for boring losers that complain about music not being good anymore

3/10

dead wrong lol

Pretty boring. I'm all for artists experimenting with different genres, but simply releasing a generic song in a genre different from that of your typical releases doesn't make you innovative

While the song does feel a bit longer than it should be, I think that's the point. The point of the song is supposed to be a long chill- much better than urn on BTI where it's so beautiful and frustratingly brief. While I do wish it went somewhere, I can easily see blasting this shit on repeat during a midnight drive fueled by depression.

I think it's kinda pointless to get into discussions as to what reviewers will think of the album at this juncture.

anyone got that m4a link tho

>i feel like im transcending into another fucking dimension

>This song is lit af. Not better than me and your mom

>CLASSIC ALBUM INCOMING

>I already brought the first single now I'm going to get this one two!!!! lol

what?

yt comments

Youtube comments.

>reading youtube comments

why wouldn't I read this shittys songs core fanbase opinions?
I can't honestly see anybody whos listen to lots of good music finding this guy
part of the flying lotus,earl sweatshirt,nujabes gang who think they discovered underground gems

so is this basically gonna be aoty now

neat

I oftentimes find the discussion on YT to be worth more than any board on 4channit. Like rn

DUDE HIGH PITCHED VOCALS

That's why you're unhappy

you're super incoherent, rewrite your sentence. or actually don't, i don't wanna hear it

Not sure I liked it as much as the first track desu it was cool but I agree with it's un-necessarily long

not an argument
Explain why this song is good

these

I wasn't even arguing that, you shithead. We were fucking with you but apparently you're way too fucking dumb .

>Sup Forums
circlejerking, autistic, pretentious pessimists

>YouTube
>Sup Forums circlejerking clichéd optimists

I'll go with the latter, thank you very much

not
an
argument

lol you won't be this way forever, take it easy cuz

fuck off stefan molyneux

I know, I'm not. That's why I hate Sup Forums. I'd rather be friends with foolish optimists than boring pessimists.

you're a clueless retard. either that or you're shamelessly baiting.

Did you fall for the music must be innovative meme?

not an argument
t.pleb

P good, preferred that first track tho. My one worry about this album is its pacing desu i feel like he might get caught up with what hes doing a bit and the album looses its footing or hits a boring patch.

any dl links tho

this track is just neon indian with a pitch shifted gospel singer on it

Another great song by Donald

And another absolutely dogshit thread on Sup Forums

It's a catchy tune but drags on for too long imo. would be a good song to drive or walk to however

this

DONNY DOES IT AGAIN. NEW AOTY INBOUND PLS

that

How will this album stack up to Starboy?

Well if patrician means not enjoying more than maybe 2 albums a year, I'm fine with being pleb

I wouldn't say it will shit all over Starboy, but I think it could fart on it

this

this there

correct.

Song strikes me as an intermission song. Then I realize it's 5 minutes long. Not as good as Your mama but it's ok.

this

This exactly, theyll think hes the inventor of afropunk or whatever

It doesn't really matter what Childish Gambino does at this point. There's still that part Sup Forums who are P4K and Fantano drones who aree still holding onto that "lol 1.6" boat for dear life.

It's a mighty fine song.

thee

das

this

why is everything retro/old/vintage nowdays?

I think you guys make some good points. Overall, I enjoy the song. I don't feel that it's too long, as I agree with in that it's meant to just be something you vibe with for a while; background music.

I don't think I'll repeat it as much as the last song he released, but I definitely enjoy it. It may not be incredibly innovative, but it really doesn't have to be because it sounds good and Donald is doing something relatively interesting with his vocals.

Good song.

damn.... the track is ok, but why so many Childish gambino fanboys n Sup Forums??? is summer in america?

This music sounds almost entirely different from his previous offerings. When the last song dropped I saw quite a few user saying that they may have a new appreciation for him as an artist, so long as he continues to put out music at that caliber.

So we all agree 7/10?

how the fuck could we agree upon that when everyone has a different numeric scale?

this desu

Not better than me and your momma. it's very skippable. still interested in the album

Who would've thought Childish Gambino was gonna make the album of the year

Me. I knew his time would come. I was mocked constantly for it. But I stood by that man. I remember when I saw that 1.6 I said to myself that I am going to stick with him because I just know one day he's going to release that incredible album and everyone will finally recognize him as a whole artist and give him his due respect.

mfw

Connan Mockasin feel. Pretty fucking good for Gambino

this and that

>peanut butter chocolate cake with koolaid
What did he mean by this?

9.3/10 Best New Reply

good track

I think outkast did it a lot better but this is still pretty amazing.

I like the other single a lot more tho. That shit's great.

To people claiming this is nothing new, yeah of course not. I don't think anyone is saying that it is. It's just a new direction for him, and it's nice to see. And who knows, maybe these are the most accessable songs on the album, they are singles after all.

That's not bottomless pit user

'Member?

kekd rekd and this

i member

>yfw the entire album is as great as the singles but p4k gives it a 3.2 and fantano gives it a 5

fucking faggot

"The trouble is, if you live long enough and you're in a culture of revival then in the end nothing is new."
— Robert Hughes

willing to bet it gets at least a 6 from both

ill go further and say 7.5

it was shit

he should have stuck to being the worst rapper of all time because then at least his insufferable underage fanbase didn't try to claim he was breaking new musical ground

I'm agreeing with this
It's a 6/10 maybe a 7, everyone thinks it's a 10/10

dead wrong lol

choke me daddy

you niggas talk about this shit like it's the stock market. get it together. Stop needing reviewers to validate your opinions

not as good as the other single, and it is a little long for the feel of the song in my opinion. I still give it a solid 7/10 though because it had some good moments. i just think he stretched it out a little too long.

hes not wrong
>writer
>actor
>comedian
>has emmy
>first attempt at making a tv show and knocks it out the park
>banged allison brie/gillian

you got any of these crossed off your list?

I liked Me And Your Mama a lot more.

That fucking beat switch on it, man

His music is bad, his stand up is fucking atrocious. His acting is fine. Never watched his show. He may want to achieve a lot but I dont think he is capable. Especially stand up. Horrible stand up.

Mostly this. By a minute in I was just hooked because it reminded me of PRINCE so damn much it made my aural dick hard.

I feel you. I honestly felt BtI so much that that solidified him as a great musician, really.

Nah, Weirdo was funny. Especially back in the when it came out and he was still coming up from the DerrickComedy stuff.
Atlanta is a stellar, surprisingly-effectively-simple show, do recommend.

its good but not as good as the stuff it mocks, gambino fans will love it because tame impala and retro sounds are cool atm. thundercat and flylo have been doing this sound better for years

Don't think those two have been doing it better, but I agree with the Tame Impala vibes.
Me and Your Mama reminded me of this album's version of Let It Happen, and this track keeps that connection to Currents strong for me.

That was my favorite album of 2015, and I loved Because the Internet too. So high hopes from me, anons.

boring trash

If I wanted to listen to 70's r&b, then I'd listen to 70's r&b

why don't people trying something innovative

donald is talented but hes not close to this
youtube.com/watch?v=GNCd_ERZvZM

i hate tryhard hiphop

i like natural simple hip hop like this
youtube.com/watch?v=vO2Su3erRIA