Has anyone used this program? I want to learn another language over the summer and was wondering what the best way was

Has anyone used this program? I want to learn another language over the summer and was wondering what the best way was.

Rosetta stone isnt great not gonnal lie. The only way you can properly learn a language for free is to live in a country its spoken in. Rosetta stone can help dont get me wrong but you cant learn a language for free unless you go to a school. Im currently taking a french a level it isnt easy, but it is rewarding

What language are you trying to learn? If its french maybe i can help

Don't listen to this faggot. I pirated Rosetta Stone and all the levels, I am doing pretty good in spanish.

Can kinda sorta carry on a convo with beaner coworker. But I just started a few months ago.

Yes it's not as good as moving to the country of the language origin and hiring teachers or taking classes, but it's still pretty good for a free pirate download.

It works really well at teaching you how to understand a language. It does fuck all to help you speak it. Imagine a 3 year old who can half assed follow directions while screaming "DAAAAAA!"

it worked okay for me but its voice recognition is pretty shit tbh

i used it to learn portugese (because i wanted to talk to my gf's mother who didn't speak english) and i got through the first set of lessons pretty well which has a test at the end with a mock real world application of all the words you've learned

and the voice recognition just shat itself inside out to the point where i had my gf on skype with me and she had to tell me in the end that my pronunciation was on point and the program was broken

>kinda sorta carry a convo
Wew lad
Sorry op completely disregard my post and 7years language experience this man has a few months of rosetta stone he is clearly more adept than me soz m8s

Really? I took mandarin in college and it felt needlessly slow. I was gonna take another level this quarter but felt I'd have better luck with a program. I already speak english and spanish so I figured at least latin languages would be fine through rosetta.

Where do you live? Im in england and my teachers are pretty good you might nust have bad luck with who taught you.

A good idea for some free help is get one of those apps that connects you to a native speaker of that language that wants to learn yours and you get to help each other.

>dedicating almost a decade of your life to language

California
I don't think the instructor was bad, she was a native chinese speaker, I just think learning a language through a class is a little inefficient/slow for my taste

maybe your right and I should just move somewhere to learn it faster

Not dedicating. 3 years were basic mandatory stuff the other 4 were a choice i made among other subjects this last year ive been studying biology chem and physics alongside it. I do it because i like it not because of benefits to me

Try the app duolingo on iPhone, it's okay.

It depends man we all learn at different paces maybe you just needed to specify when you felt confident to move on. They might have been understanding.

which language? I know basic french, mandarin, and sign language
and was wondering which one would be faster to finish learning

yeah I've been using it to brush up on some of the languages I already know and it seems decent

A good instructor knows you teach at the pace of the slowest learner. Since you were faster and self-absorbed you think he was a shit teacher and you were brilliant; he was simply teaching so slowpokes could keep up and manage it.

What language?

>falling for the bait

French its a legal requirement in england to learn a language for a while

I feel like a newfag again for this

Use duolingo instead faggot, it's basically a free version

You are not going to learn a foreign language over the summer. You can accept this fact or waste maybe a couple dozen hours of summertime flailing at a foreign language. My advice is to spend that time doing something you want to do and something you think you should do.

Forgot to say, got no idea about what would be faster, no experience towards sign language so i have no clue but id say french is probanly easier than mandarin especislly if you want to learn to write as well as speak it

Is it even worth learning french anymore? I feel like anyone who wants to visit europe would be better off learning Arabic and Farsi.

It could be a start and liking learning languages is a thing just youtube some videos of polyglots

Nice meme bro. Yes there are a lot of arabs in europe, theyve been here for at leadt 2 generations now and most make an effort to learn the native language its just this new wave of immigrants that are the blowey uppey kind of muslims and not the nice owns a corner shop type

op here, actually I wanted to finish learning a language, I've already spent a few quarters learning several languages and just wanted to refine one

Rosetta stone is a nice starting step so probably not your best bet for refining your skills

I dunno man, it looks like europe isn't gonna stop bringing in refugees any time soon.
good luck with brexit by the way

I know theyre counting votes now how exciting. but either way we'll have immigrants, they get where they want to be anyway but i think we'll be alright we are a strong country and ruled like a quarter of the world at one point. We will be fine i think

I agree with the other user and think you're a gigantic faggot.
Rosetta Stone is piss poor easy to pirate and it works well enough for one to grasp the language and understand it.
Enjoy your lessons douche nozzle.

I do enjoy my lessons m8 i'm the only guy, and girls like sophisticated men, not that a neet like you would know though amiright?

I really hope so, I know I'm american but I've always loved england and european culture/history in general. I'd really rather not see it disappear.

Look up articles by Tim Ferriss. He's a polylinguist who has a method for deconstructing and learning any language efficiently.

I think all british do in one way or another. Besides no amount of immigrants are gonna take me fish and chips or behead the queen so we will do fine

Nah I know two languages and I'm starting up a third on a pirated copy of Roseta.
Also making 50 bucks working at a hospital but it's all good.
Being a male Nurse is the tits.