Do changes in presidency affect the music world?

Do changes in presidency affect the music world?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NETrkrek-Q8
twitter.com/JOHNMAUS/status/795896668302491648
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

In the mid 2000s there was a shit ton of anti-Bush songs by liberal musicians, most notably American Idiot

I don't know if it will happen this time since rock in the mainstream has shrunk a lot in the past ten years

In 2008 obama was elected a music lots its balls

>Most notably American Idiot

You mean Hail to the Thief because you aren't 15?

Every kid in middle school was listening to American Idiot
Nobody gave a fuck about Hail to the Thief except that one kid who thought his musical tastes were superior

Expect a whole lot of shitty rap and pop music about Donald Trump, except this time around it's going to be
>mane fuck that nigga
instead of
>I'M THE BLACK DONALD TRUMP

Hopefully we'll see a revitalization of punk music in a more right wing fashion, I'd expect a few gems to come from that. I don't predict neo nazis, I predict hardcore punk telling leftists, muslims, feminists, and cucks to fuck off.

Maybe we'll see an anti muslim black metal wave deviating from satanism.

>This is Sup Forums now

>now
Sup Forums always secretly liked American Idiot

>pop punk garbage
>it was always liked

FUCK OFF

WILL DAILY BORIS THREADS RETURN WITH TRUMP?

>pop punk garbage

Literally everyone Sup Forums loves Jesus of Suburbia ya twit

>Straight up ripoff of summer of 69

Are you just being a stupid asshole on the internet for fun because you have nothing else to do?

yeah, we get more shit pop punk

the great news is we don't have to listen to it

>They tell us no we say yea, they tell us stop we say go
>Rebel with a rebel yell, raise hell we gonna let em know
>Stomp, push, shove, mush, Fuck Bush, until they bring our troops home (c'mon)

>Fuck money I don't rap for dead presidents
>I'd rather see the president dead
>It's never been said
>but I set precedents

-Eminem in 2004

I'm quite interested in the post-apocalyptic sound we should be getting in 2017

Yes

WE HAVE NO WAY TO DEFEND OURSELVES

How is Closer alt-right?

>anti muslim black metal
already happening bruh

youtube.com/watch?v=NETrkrek-Q8

awful out the helicopter you go

I never thought the alt-right could get any more retarded

This is true

This nigga prbly 12

>Hopefully we'll see a revitalization of punk music in a more right wing fashion, I'd expect a few gems to come from that. I don't predict neo nazis, I predict hardcore punk telling leftists, muslims, feminists, and cucks to fuck off.
Can one post really exude this much faggotry?

>pl
kek

is this what autism looks like

Don't debase Noontide like that

All Moby will make for the next 4-8 years will be anti-Trump songs.

I have a lot of angry punk to look forward to, now.

This is so true. Most people here thinks it's at least a 7/10 album

Return of punk

Latino flavoured punk is coming. Well until we get Tulsi in 2020.

Ian Curtis supported Thatcher.
Makes more sense than a lot of picks on the list. What's alt right about Aphex Twin, Black Flag and Flying Lotus?

the entirety of 2017 is gonna be shitty trump protest songs that'll do absolutely nothing to affect his position in office

& we also might see more nu-males in music

aphex twins soundcloud comments

please no numales or protest songs

i some how feel like this is what will happen too tho

She gets my vote

Latinos favored Trump way more than they did previous republicans

That doesn't make much sense, not saying your wrong, but do you have a source for this I could see?

Bullshit, Reagan got the most latino votes due to amnesty out of any Republican.

???

Apparently yes

Martin Shkreli released unheard wu-tang clan because Trump won

And is supposed to be releasing a lot more from his collection

Most latinos that are able to vote are really racist towards others latinos. They have "they are stealing our jobs" mentality. The cubans were responsible for Trump's victory in Florida.

>people sincerely defending green day
clt come save us

Cubans are just hateful people as a whole. They even treat other Cubans like shit.

Tulsi won't be put up in 2020. imagine it; dems establishment/identity-politickers will attack her for being Hindu (not the right type of 'diversity'), homeschooled/catholic education, having a right-wing religious father, military background, anti-interventionist, etc.

>>Hopefully we'll see a revitalization of punk music in a more right wing fashion, I'd expect a few gems to come from that. I don't predict neo nazis, I predict hardcore punk telling leftists, muslims, feminists, and cucks to fuck off.
>Can one post really exude this much faggotry?

>John Maus
>BOC
>alt-right
dropped

>not one good album
not surprised lel

She honestly sounds like a pretty good candidate given her mix of democratic views and military service/family background.

She's clean and Sanders gave her a nod. Obviously it's not set in stone I'm just saying she's got enough to start building momentum.

Also QT.

she is a good candidate and I like her, but I don't think 2020 will be her time. it depends, makes more sense after 2 terms of Trump

Nice try pleb

>tfw alt right elitist and Sup Forums patrician

I think that the more ā€¯lefty" Democrats should released their candidate even if the lose the primaries

>tfw no politician is trying to change how the music industry works

>Are you just being a stupid asshole on the internet for fun because you have nothing else to do?

Are you just being a stupid asshole on the internet for fun because you have nothing else to do?

john maus is a close friend of MillionDollarExtreme

Of course, weren't you around during the Bush years?

I don't know what we'd see now, though. Punk is basically dead and Beyonce is what passes for edgy social commentary.

there aren't many latino republicans, though. most of them still hated the shit out of him.

Say it with me

NEW
SINCERITY

being an accelerationist marxist is not the same as being a retarded MDE fan

well it is in practice but not in principle

I know he appeared in a MDE episode, but where did you get that he is a close friend of theirs ?
In the hour-long interview of him on Youtube, the guy discuss about Guy Debord, the society of the spectacle, Alain Badiou and Zizek, and frame them mostly in a positive light. All of these authors are Marxists.
Also consider this : twitter.com/JOHNMAUS/status/795896668302491648

During Obama, hip hop's dominance became untenable.

Lol fuck off, cunt. nazi punks and fascist punks ain't punk.

What did Boards of Canada, Flying Lotus and Aphex Twin do/say?

>Black Flag
What? Rollins is a twat, but I'm sure he's anti Trump.

Demon Dayz was a huge one.

Maybe , on one hand it will do music a favour as the "lefties" will be able to bleat on hypocritically about things. On the other Obama-score music will lose some mainstream backing. Also it can be coincidental, a music trend is lucky to go for 7 years or so, that there is a change in president and a change in music is also a non corelating coincidence