Has anyone ever used Rosetta stone? I recently got it and am not sure how I should space out the lessons...

Has anyone ever used Rosetta stone? I recently got it and am not sure how I should space out the lessons. Am I supposed to do one lesson per day or one per week, revisiting it everyday of the week? I am also unsure how it is meant to be coupled with the audio files, if at all.
Thanks!

Do it non-stop in your spare time.
Every fucking day.

God you're retarded. You're supposed to use it as much as you want for as long as you want until you learn the fucking language. Course if you puss out you won't learn, but if someone as stupid as you can't figure out how to "space the lessons" as its a fucking do it yourself sort of thing, you'll definitely fail at attempting to use it. Go fucking kill yourself you neckbeard worthless piece of shit. You'll never be accepted in Japan like your "wildest dreams" you inbred piece of slimy basement dwelling shit!

duolingo

That was suggested to me by others as well, unfortunately they do not offer Chinese.

Repetition is the key.
Pick a word or phrase
Repeat it every 5 minutes for an hour.
An hour later, repeat it every 15 min. An hour after that, every 30 min.
Then 2 hours after that, start the "every 5 minutes" again and work through it.
Then 4 hours after that, do it again.
THEN, the next day, practice it again.
When you remember it in your sleep, pick another word or phrase.
This gets easier as the number of words you know are increased

i tried it, i think it works as a supplement but it helps to learn other shit like the alphabet which rosetta stone doesnt teach you

I figured as much, I am still unsure about how the audio files are supposed to be coupled with lessons.

check out Mango

Do you have any suggestions for learning the alphabet? I have bought the textbooks for the course at my university but it does not start for another 3 months. I am hoping to get a jump on it with this.

i think the best thing is to use it as a source, of many different sources. get some books, audio tapes, watch some movies/tv in the language, try to talk to people in real life with it. if you have any friends that speak the language, ask them for help. just learn the basic survival shit first and in a couple years you will be fully conversational

what language are you trying to learn? also check out free courses online...have you heard of edX? lots of free internet uni courses, youtube channels, etc which teachers that give free lessons

I am learning Chinese, I have not heard of edx but I will definitely look into it!

this is very important, hearing how fluent people talk and make the sounds even before you learn the words, will help you understand the rules of pronunciation, because you will already expect how to make a certain sound, even if you didnt understand any of the words they said.

buy some children's workbooks on amazon, like the ones little first graders use, to learn how to write the basic letters from the alphabet and shit

I got pimsleur and some of my schools textbooks. I will also try to integrate the others things mentioned in this thread. I Do have a few acquaintances who speak the language but they always return home to China in the summer, I suppose I could find someone on QQ or some other Chinese social network.

damn well chinese, im not sure since it has all those characters. i dont know how their alphabet works, i think the characters represent whole words and not parts of words, so that might be a different process of learning. i would still highly recommend children's practice books, like for kindergarten and first graders.

also i found a really sweet app, it is called hello talk. it lets you pick a native language and one that you are learning, and it matches you to random people for chatting, who are learning your native langauge and vice versa. it is a great way to talk to random people across the world and practice your reading/typing/talking (it supports audio and video chats, recorded audio, etc). check it out its pretty sweet

That app sounds awesome! Thanks!

try the hello talk app. pimsluer are good books, trust me there is no one "source" or lesson or book for learning a language, you will need to use a lot of different resources. the hardest part will be in the beginning, you just have to stay motivated. if you are patient, you will impress yourself with how much you have learned, in say like a month. and that progress will keep you motivated. check out the mango app, i really liked it also, it's kind of like duolingo but not really. they have chinese on it. i think you need a library card to sign up for it, but it is totally free. i just signed up for a free library pass online, lots of libraries have that. just google mango library pass or something

id say the best advice i can give is to practice using whatever you learned. like just play games in your head like naming outloud something you see in daily life with the chinese word you learned for it. or typing up a text message to a friend or something where you implement a word you learned. the repetition is critical

like when you pack your lunch for the day, say outloud "better remember to pack my (*chinese word for apple*)"

if that makes sense. slowly but surely you will learn more words so just be patient until you can finally make sentences, thats when the fun really begins

I've always like Pimsleur the most.

Thanks for being helpful guy's! I will definitely take all of this into consideration.

Eat a bullet cunt.
>MFW I can't not take that bait

have fun man its a rewarding pursuit. why are you learning, just curious? for fun? or just interested in the culture? buisness work related? youll definitely have the most success if its something you WANT to learn, because trust me it takes a lot of motivation. its not easy

It is for business but I absolutely love my job so I guess its for fun also! I was never interested in China until I entered collage and made friends from there so I guess it is also a culture learning thing too. I guess the best answer is all of the above. :)