General World of Warcraft thread

General World of Warcraft thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nLTgWdXrx3U&feature=youtu.be&t=159
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What are you hopping to happend here?

>World of Warcraft
Because of this, Warcraft 4 isn't coming in a long time and I've already waited for too long.

Who would it tell the story of?

Everyone. None of the RTS Warcrafts has had one single protagonist.

Look, generally i.will ask for dark souls, but since you tried this i will make this thread a shit

I want to beg for a few months of play-time, i didnt played it and i want to try it

Steam id: Kafatassy

Well....You tried

Kronos is the only WoW I play anymore.

Even if wow is shit I still pre-ordered legion the day it was "pre-orderable".

Guess I'll always be a blizz cuck

Man, back in the day I used to have a level 70 rogue. Night elf. I stopped playing right at the beginning of WOTLK because fuck doing all that grinding and those same dumb ass quests again for ten more levels...new zones be damned.

Anyways, PVP was my favorite shit. But when I wasn't PVP'ing, I used to love to gank lowbies and then camp their bodies. Especially in Stranglethorn Vale. I was quite infamous on my server.

>be me, 70 NE rogue during the last days of BC
>wander around outside of the Grom'gol Horde base in northern STV, looking for a level 30-something horde.
>find a lowbie, killing basilisks or tigers or whatever
>sap
>wait, still in stealth (had talent points for that)
>repeat a few times, lowbie starts getting nervous and heads back towards the base.
>sap, appear in front of lowbie.
>/joke, /dance, etc....whatever would make that person feel more at ease around me
>/point at other tigers in the area, implying I want to help them.
>lowbie trusts me and he is glad I'm "cool" enough to help him despite our racial and factional differences.
>nigger is glad to get through his quests so quickly with my help
>do this for a few minutes, lowering his guard
>stealth. sap. garrote (nasty DoT)
>watch as lowbie tries to run back to base camp before the DoT kills him. It kills him.
>proceed to camp his body, killing him over and over until he takes rez sickness or logs out.
>often another level 70 would show up to try to help
>kill him too.
>camp both of them endlessly.
>I fucking loved my rogue.
>I was known as the Grom'gol Ganker on that server for sure.

I have more stories about my rogue if anyone is interested...

Gromgol danker.
Another story pls. I don't even play but it still crackt me up.

Being a 70 twink rogue in BC days while camping scrubs was probably the best thing to do

keep going

>gets rektd by equal level players
>so ganks lowbies
>it's (You)

youtube.com/watch?v=nLTgWdXrx3U&feature=youtu.be&t=159

>flying outside of Orgrimmar
>landing in front of tryhard hordes
>turning on pvp
>flying up into the air when tryhards rush you
>drag a couple away into a pack of friends
>the tryhards get gangbanged
>ayy lmao

>turning on pvp

kys pussy

sold my scarab lord on ebay in cata
haven't really touched the game since then
not sure if i want to try out legion, it looks like fucking facebook games all over again :(
not sure if i want to waste 45€ on that

>Pvp was my thing
>No glad gear
>No rating
>So i ganked low levels
Yeah you must have been a real celebrity on your server...

had glad rating, dont see your point about not playing a pvp server

>had glad rating

doubtful

>dont see your point
>talking about wpvp on a pve server
>lol kys pussy

Okay more stories

>be me, twinked out rogue at level 70
>Stranglethorn Vale...more of my exploits there.
>another one of my favorite methods of fucking with lowbies was to stealth walk into the Grom'gol base itself.
>had plenty of points in subtlety so guards couldn't see me
>there was a big zeppelin that would arrive in Grom'gol at the top of the tower and it made regular trips between Stranglethorn Vale and the Undercity
>stealth up to top of the tower and wait. inevitably there would be some horde faggot who would leave the jungle, sometimes after getting killed by me too many times, and they would wait for the zeppelin there, unaware that I was waiting there too
>zeppelin arrives, horde lowbie fag gets on, believing themselves to be safe now.
>zeppeling begins to leave Grom'gol, bound for the safety of the Under City
>lowbie relaxes
>SAP
>fag /yells some niggardly orcish speak or whatever
>sap again
>garrote, putting that nasty DoT on him again
>give that fag a solid "BUR" while jumping around him
>about 40 seconds after the zeppelin leaves Grom'gol, it would pass over that huge lake in NE STV
>I would either jump out of the zeppelin from there to the safety of the lake and head back to the Grom'gol grounds, or just stay on the zeppelin and camp the body again, or wait to get new victims coming from the Under City to STV on the way back
>no quarter.
>no mercy
>The Grom'gol Ganker is a horrible menace

>says pvp is his thing
>thinks pvp'ing against other lvl 70s was boring but onehitting low levels was fun
famous for being a massive pussy, maby

Lmao, butthurt horde players detected

I had rating, I DID have gladiator gear, and I had two 2v2 teams and a few 3v3 teams that were ranked pretty high and I would do those matches with my brother (hunter) and our friend Tyler (mage). Of course, they were into doing dungeons, which was hideously boring to me, so I had more fun trolling lowbies when I didn't feel like doing BG's or Gladiator matches. You don't know shit faggot. I would've stomped your gay ass back then too regardless of what class you were. I was a beast.

>The Grom'gol Ganker is a horrible menace

You're a delusional fucking loser aren't you?

lmao sure thing kiddo

why dont you stick to ganking low levels since thats all youre good at haha

LOL not really....this was like easily 8-10 years ago. I'm married now with a career and I haven't played WoW since WOTLK. Sorry you're too autistic to just take that little moniker with a grain of salt. I just saw a WoW thread and thought I'd contribute. Fuck off, faggot.

Okay, bud. It's just impossible to believe that someone might be good at high level PVP back in the BC days....AND still enjoy being a dick to low level players for fun.

Don't you have a katana to polish or something?

hunter/mage/rogue nice comp, must have been 1100 rated

I'll contribute op, with a pvp story of my own.
>be me 60 NE rogue
>Late vanilla
>on my way to old Stranglethorn to do ZG with my guildies.
>landing in Westfall to shortcut to the quest giver island
>not really paying attention, chatting with guild
>suddenly notice Westfall is under attack by a sea of Yellow horde names.
>about to call in guild for old style word PVP
>after I land I mount up and go investigate horde while still
Unflagged
>oh how cute some are lowbies
>holy shit they're all lowbies
>32 is the highest level
>as soon as they see my PVP tiger mount the raid stops their attacks
>like a frog before the snake
>I look about, a few dead guards, dead quest giver, and a few dead allies
>dun goofed
>stealth right Infront of the horde
>they scatter like kids that broke a window
>I get like two of them before they all rally and attack
>after I one shot 4 of them they break again
>chase them down one by one on my mount
>ended up late to my raid, but they all understood

You think so?

It was a fun combo and we used to have such a blast. I mean I did more on WoW with my rogue than just gank lowbies for fun, but some people here seem to think you can't do both. Whatever.

Honestly, I miss those days. Back then WoW was still pretty fresh and new. WOTLK just kind of made me realize that this was just a formula and they would milk it over and over again with expansions, new zones/continents, etc. Nothing like playing WoW back in those days though. I simply don't have the time to waste on that game nowadays, though the whole garrison thing sounds like it would be kind of fun.

>b-but i did have epix, i-i swear!
Sure. You just wore your kara and blues to give the lvl 30's a fair chance
>me and my brother and my mommy and my boyfriend Tyler were tots beast mode and would rek you lol
Sure. I totally believe you Jimmy! And the fact you played a class with such a staggering skill curve makes you even more beast!

That comp. Man, you guys probably made it all the way to Blizzcon huh?

Anyone have an old EU account with good titles/achievements etc that I could buy?

I thunk TBC Is a bullshit and Cataclysm and WoD is the best

Other roguefag in this thread here. Sounds fucking great. I love how that game was more connected in those days. Like you had to actually GO to a place if you wanted to be there. Want to do Karazhan? You have to fucking go there. Want to do a BG? Better go to a capital city or to the physical location of the BG. Traveling used to be so necessary in that game and I used to love the random fights that would break out in zones around the world.

Now everyone just sits in the capital cities joining queues for instances across the various servers. Nobody explores anymore. Haven't played in years though.

just got my 2set tier piece for enhancement shaman today. feels good, huge DPS increase and great cleave on it

Man, I just logged off to lay down to sleep.. anyone still play? US-Kil'jaeden here..

>I WAS GLAD GUYZ
>WITH MY BRO AND DAD AND UNCLE
>WE PLAYED MAGE, HUNTER, ROGUE
>BEST TEAM EVER

ahahahahahahaha

btw people who are actually good at PvP (meaning they can kill people their same level) dont find enjoyment in ganking newbs

you're just like 5 million other faggots in wow who ganks a low level but hides when a high level walks by

kys lol

>be me
>Horde BE mage full pvp
>during WOTLK or MoP when you could glitch into the inside of Orgrimmar without buildings and shit.
>Figured out I could work my way to the outside gates(on the inside where I'm not visible)
>Sometimes Alliance would chill outside of Orgrimmar
>Wait for one to walk by
>Jump out of the fucking wall as a mage and rekt them

>b-but you didn't have epix...i-i swear i can just tell
It really doesn't matter to me whether or not you believe me. I know what I did have and I couldn't give a fuck less whether some contrarian WoW hipster on Sup Forums believes me or not. Now fuck off.

I know you're just being condescending, but no....I didn't care that much about it to try to be THAT competitive.

You both are fucking hilarious.
>some guy killed lowbies for fun
>must have been a shit player
>claims to actually do BG's and Gladiator matches and claims to actually have also had good gear too
>nah, I just KNOW he's full of shit.
>insult him to make me feel more right because I'm so smart and such a goddamned expert on a 10 year old game

Lol fags

>I know how EVERY person on WoW prioritizes their WoW time
>confirmation bias

Nah, you're just wrong, mate. Honestly, Sup Forums can be such a bunch of whiny contrarian little hipsters sometimes. But believe what you want. I'll keep shit-posting with you for a bit longer though.

Anyone else think legion will be the last straw? Feel like legion will be the expansion that makes me quit. I've stuck to this game for so long, but feel like it will break the game so bad it won't be able to recover.
>Fuck the devs

Honestly, what's WoW like nowadays? I'm the roguefag ITT who finally got bored of the game around the start of WOTLK.

It seems like the Garrison idea is pretty cool, but I've heard that people don't really interact with each other much in the game anymore and it's just become too easy to level and you can basically just buy your way to the max level?

damage control, the post

look man you suck at wow pvp. so you gank newbs.

people will make fun of you for that, for obvious fucking reasons

especially when you are autistic enough to call yourself

>THE GROMGOL GANKER

you are/were just another scrubby scrub ganking lowbies in stv. nothing more

>hunter mage rogue

at least try harder to lie/shitpost haha

Lol you seem so sure of yourself it's pathetic, yet really, you don't have any evidence to back your claims up other than "hurr muh opinions". I'm done arguing with your dumb, faggot ass though. Now fuck off.

>no evidence
>played hunter/mage/rogue to glad
>screenshot of scrub rogue in blues

why do you lie on an anonymous image board user?

Garrisons started out as a good idea, new and fresh, but turned out to be boring Facebook game wanna be.

World PvP
>what is that nowadays

Arena has become shit with one big button cool down based gameplay, cancer comps and very scripted gameplay in arena.

Raid finder and LFG really messed with world immersion

Leveling became even more boring. Try leveling 8 toons by doing literally the same quests over and over, no variation or alternate zones to level in.

Raiding is decent, just about to start mythic Hfc, yea I'm late, fuck it. Nothing will beat BC and WOTLK raiding for me.

Why do I still play? No idea, Prob still clinging to the hope that the game will return to what it used to be, but the ptr and beta are killing that dream.

That was one of my gladiator teams. One.

Massive DPS and the way we were specced at the time was pretty effective.

I'm not going to go dig out my rogue and screenshot his shit just to placate some faggot on Sup Forums in a thread that's going to 404 soon anyway.

Why do you shitpost so hard on an anonymous board, user?

There was a time where 3 dps could reach glad, sounds like there is a lot of ppl who haven't played BC and wotlk here, poor souls missed the best of the game.

no it wasnt. I played RLS to 2100 in wotlk. your team is fucking retarded which is how i know you are lying

and i just enjoy calling out shit players like you who think they are good because they gank newbs in stv

like i said if youre going to lie at least make it believable

this is still a thing?

>wow hipster
>if I don't agree with it, I'll just lump it into a category
>doesn't matter what you say because I'm gonna set an arbitrary framework that a priori rules out anything you say that I don't agree with because muh experience
>can't convince me?
>guess I win again

You're pathetic, mate. Grow up. Ganking is fun just like shitposting is fun. Fuck off.

If he played in a PvP server he can gank whoever he wants. Sure he can be a shit player, but I've seen glads ganking too.

3 Dps 3s has worked in the past, Ret, Rogue, Hunter and Ret, Dk, Hunter saw these pretty high up on the latter.

>Ganking is fun

for shitty players. like you

>shitposting is fun

this is true tho

or TSG with ret instead of holy
it was enough to get the 2,2k rating achievement in wotlk

sure 3 dps did work in the past with a ret pally because they used to have broken healing but the thing is he did not have a ret

This is now an xmog thread.

Post em.

He also didn't play in wotlk/cata he played BC arena

Bro, I'm sure you were a great WoW player, and I am sure that you played and I'm sure you know I played. The varieties of experience of people who played WoW are many, but your condescending attitude makes you the worst kind of WoW player of them all. Read what said....it proves my point that not everyone who plays WoW enough to be good frowns at ganking as some kind of waste of time. I wasn't one of those baddest-ass-on-my-whole-server type players, but I was pretty damned good and, if I had to estimate how much time PvPing I did with people my levels, like in Arena or BGs against the time I spent joyously ganking lowbie faggots, then I guarantee I spent more time in BGs. And I was quite adept against people my own level.

Honestly, that was the end result of a lot of my ganking....some white knight faggot level 70 would show up and then I would kill them too. I was specced for massive DPS, had really good gear, and I knew how to play my rogue well.

If you can agree with me that shitposting is fun, then can we at least agree that ganking low-levels is the WoW equivalent of shitposting? Just mindless, harmless fun at others' expense? Cuz that's really the only point of my two green text stories before you came in all "hurrr durrrrr you wasn't REALLY good if you was GANKINGS"...

Who else is slighyly interested in Legion? A lot of streamers say that this has been the best expac in a long time.

The new animations on the PTR are fucking badass.

Post mg golsahire stories gogogo

Thats what people were saying about WoD when it came out...

I'm never buying into the hype again after that abomination of an expansion.

Sure the animations are good, but most streamers say that dmg needs tuning. What said. When wod was in beta all streamers said the same thing and look how that expac turned out

What is you guys' problem with WoD? Not disagreeing just curious.

Oops meant

Nice double dubs

I played ending of vanilla all of BC wotlk cata and mist, enjoyed wod the least.

Game used to be fun. Then Catafail was released. The rest is a public toilet in Mexico that doesn't flush.

I walked after MoP and still have zero interest in laying down any money or playing the pathetic reboot of BC or anything further.

I'm not hyped for it, but a lot of people that have played the alpha and beta said that Legion is really good. The assistant game director even said that they burned their customers in Draenor and added that they were doing everything they can to make Legion good.

I've been playing since vanilla too and while I think the community has gotten a lot worse I feel like the gameplay has improved.

I thought the whole concept of WoD (traveling back in time) was really fucking stupid but I didn't have a problem with any of the questing/zones/pvp/pve.

Professions were next to useless, city hubs reduced to Ashran, and frankly so much in the world they made wasn't utilized; for example, Shat'thrah.

>Professions were next to useless

Yea I think all professions need a major overhaul.

>city hubs reduced to Ashran

How do they fix this though? I mean all major cities essentially have the same stuff people just choose not to go to them.

I agree that the game story wise, going back in time was interesting. But when it came to gameplay it went downhill. Ability pruning to me was not a step in the right direction. The talents became less diverse, arena composition became less diverse, arena became even more of a cool down based than ever before. Leveling was dreadful. The game felt more and more rewarding and geared toward the new players and it did not I guess reward the old players? If that makes sense. It was being driven by what brings in more money than what would make the game better is my point I guess you can say.

I still play and enjoy the game, I try different avenues of the game to keep it interesting for me, but I haven't enjoyed this expac as I have done the past ones.

NO MORE ORCS

Azeroth doesn't want any more refugees

MAKE AZEROTH GREAT AGAIN!

Ashran....fuck ashran

fuck wow

Me and a mate going for a gladiator look

pretty dope actually, would remove the glowing effects though.

Funny shit. If I remember tbc times, demo lock in S2 gear would eat any rogue no matter how good the rogue was.

Yea, we did eventually.

Mage mog I was running with back in MoP. Always hated the robe look on most casters. Wanted to give it more of a Battlemage feel