/hhg/ - Hip-Hop General

we haven't had one of these in too long, what's good? New Tribe, obscure memphis rap, jeffrey, discuss whatever you want about hip-hop here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kp7eSUU9oy8
youtube.com/watch?v=_hZCsgcKa-g
youtube.com/watch?v=RXQC0WbpBa4
youtube.com/watch?v=Iuq9XK6tojs
youtube.com/watch?v=01Yv9uNpZIY
youtube.com/watch?v=Hc1QljkcSpE
youtube.com/watch?v=-gZ8c1WDVh8&ab_channel=Noisey
youtube.com/watch?v=cTXeg-Swq9w
youtube.com/watch?v=q8VO4Rm3ulw
youtube.com/watch?v=wcJVXg7gg4w
youtube.com/watch?v=qCRLtT9H20c&ab_channel=Charriotjean-luc
youtube.com/watch?v=0UGcpGbmGPY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what's everyone's rap albums of the year so far? What are we looking forward too?

is gambino still considered hiphop? If so his new album

also since the other thread is so terrible what do you think of gambino's new direction
youtube.com/watch?v=Kp7eSUU9oy8

youtube.com/watch?v=_hZCsgcKa-g

sounds like it's shaping up to be his best yet, I just hope the singles aren't the peaks of the album

dc4 was a pretty good mixtape

i'm really loving it, excited to see if he can keep it up for an entire album, but those two singles are great. Dudes having a banner year, atlanta was one of the best shows on tv. Certainly the best comedy.

Blank Face was my rap album of the year. I'm looking forward to Hodgy Beats new debut. Also Yes Lawd was a dope album

i loved offended, but that was more because it was basically a young thug track. Is the rest as good as that track?

youtube.com/watch?v=RXQC0WbpBa4

super underrated which is surprising considering how mainstream Q is. Easily his best project, so many highlights. Also John Muir has one of the best music videos i've seen all year.

youtube.com/watch?v=Iuq9XK6tojs

This is like art soul. I think soul is making a massive emergence

Don't mind newest czarface lads

waiting for that Charles Hamilton album, will probably get overshadowed by the Gambino release though

Robb Bank$

this dude is so slept on

youtube.com/watch?v=01Yv9uNpZIY

youtube.com/watch?v=Hc1QljkcSpE

Never would've exected it but i can't stop listening to this album. I'm not even a tribe called quest fan at all, I always found the old stuff really boring. this album though is just so idiosyncratic, and catchy, and lyrical. The features were all amazing, but never overshadowed the main guys. Tip in particular slays every track, i'm pretty sure he had a big part in the production as well which is all top notch stuff. Never to old or new, it sounds like nothing else. And fuck why can't Busta always rap like this. It's crazy to see these 50 year old basically bury every other rapper this year. Between Bowie, Cohen, and this it was quite the year for amazing final projects.

shit is that still happening? Is charles the rap game daniel johnston?

wtf when did that drop, i've heard literally nothing about it. A shame cause those dudes always put out great work.

Difference is pretty good, Litty, outro, blessed up, lights out, froze, i kinda fucked with every track on it to be honest. Nothing new though, typical meek mill material. Hes an underrated rapper i'd say, dude actually has bars but seems like he doesn't go 100 on these mixtapes. I'm expecting more experimentation in the album. As a mixtape, dc4 is pretty solid

Yeah it's still happening. In 2 weeks and there's been no attention around it outside of him confirming the date and saying it's still happening, no single, no nothing. Either they're gonna do a serious radio run or they're just letting it fly under the radar.
Also kinda excited about the documentary
>Is charles the rap game daniel johnston?
probably

why is he so terrible bros. Like I mean good for him and all, but fuckkk. he's so bad.

Help me out hip hop heads. I feel like it's my most pleb-tier genre knowledge wise.

I like these records:
>Boogie Down Productions - By All Means Necessary
>Black Star - Self Titled
>Reflection Eternal - Train of Thought
>Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique
>Madvillain - Madvillainy
>Mobb Deep - The Infamous

Any recommendations for a non-patrician?

does he have a label again? didn't he get dropped and release 50 sonic the hedgehog themed mixtapes instead of a debut album? I'm not up to date on my hamilton lore.

He's like Young Thug with less substance and different quirks

Anybody fuckin with Ldn Drgs. Apparently the dude is grimes (kek) half brother. Old school G funk shit. Pretty catchy production though i don't see it getting much buzz.

youtube.com/watch?v=-gZ8c1WDVh8&ab_channel=Noisey

>this dude is so slept on
That's fucking correct

INI - Center Of Attention
unreleased classic, with god tier pete rock production.

I was feeling Atrocity Exhibition and Imperial for a while, but clipping made the best album this year, I can't deny.

>it's a tribe drops a banger in 2016 episode

Gravediggaz - 6 feet deep
pre wutang rza, classic horrorcore, hilarious lyrics, great production
youtube.com/watch?v=cTXeg-Swq9w

Thanks user. Putting it on right now

Try listening to Gang Starr, Sean Price, Redman, Organized Konfusion, Kool Keith, Viktor Vaughn

his dad is Sammy the "Wasn't me" guy. also, Robb Bank$ is ok, most his songs aren't the catchiest and his flow is overwordy and choppy at times

jeffrey is catchy as fuck and know how to ride a beat though, two things uzi is incapable is. Like he sounds like some weird outsider artist yet is somehow blowing up.

BDP isn't that pleb don't worry.

>Gangstarr - Hard To Earn
>J Dilla - Donuts
>Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx

are you niggas serious? How has no one said this?

based on those albums you have good taste

Shaggy? gtfo

It's kinda just assumed that someone would bring it up I guessed

cause Uzi doesnt count bars, and has no idea how to, there for can't tell how many beats are left in a measure, when to expect a drop or break, ect..

the second and third track were really unnecessary and not that good compared to what came after

LINES AND LINES OF COKE

When Denzel does well he does well.

youtube.com/watch?v=q8VO4Rm3ulw

yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah, what? yeah yeah what? yeah yeah yeah

bah-bah-bah-bahbah-bah-bah rinse repeat

you are crazy, those are two of my favorites, especially the second. It's the calm before the storm, ain't it funny wouldn't hit so hard without the lead up. I love how nocturnal the album is, from sound, to lyrics, to album art. Perfect night time album.

same shit as this
what a wasted beat
youtube.com/watch?v=wcJVXg7gg4w

Thanks for the responses Sup Forumssenpai. Will check all these out

anybody fuck with anderson paak?

I didn't want a slow buildup, we got enough of that pacing from his last 2 albums. My favorite part of AE was the sense of chaos, the transition from song to song later in the album is like being spontaneously thrown into a new crazy ass party every 3 minutes.

If the album got to that point sooner instead of twiddling its thumbs because Danny didn't want to waste the beats, it could have been a 10.

pretty sure everyone does if their being honest with themselves, how do you not love 2016 nate dogg

eh to each his own, personally i really enjoyed the moody melancholic tracks alongside the batshit chaotic ones

It's trash, but I still like it. Music video's fairly entertaining too.

i liked From the Ground

This is absolutely his year. He's been on so many projects and Malibu was aoty material

i still bump g-unit, 50, buck, banks, yayo

ya he's Shaggys son, google it.

more like 2016 james brown.
youtube.com/watch?v=qCRLtT9H20c&ab_channel=Charriotjean-luc

damn i forgot malibu was this year, yes lawd came out just a bit ago too.

youtube.com/watch?v=0UGcpGbmGPY

I love rap beef

i fuck with him heavy

That's what I'm saying!!

I'm happy with this.

cozy/10

t. white guy

>Telephone Calls
god damn

Mos def - Black on both sides (tho you've probably heard this if you like blackstar)

MM Food - MF DOOM

Little Brother - The Minstrel Show

Aesop Rock - The Impossible Kid (different but extremely lyrical, which it seems like you like)

i would love to know soulja boys net worth

i feel like tyler has had a huge influence on rocky over the last year or so.