Thoughts ?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arena_rock
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italo_disco
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_opera
albumlust
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

To Discoy for my. First time listening to Justice. Daft Punk does it better

Nah they gave us so much to play with in this..

Daft Punk gave us anything but punk lately.

Fucking phenomenal. I think there's a lot of nuance to finding the connection between previous albums and this one, but structurally it's all there. And this album is very mature. As one of my friends put it, "while we all want Cross 2.0 - an album of absolute club bangers - this is them solidifying their legacy." And I have to agree. It's a really logical culmination of their sounds and inspirations over the years. Well-written, unique, fun, meaningful, grown up. Fuckin love it.

Is Sup Forums all normies

Couldn't agree more.

The skill caught up to the genius finally.

Sup Forums hates dance music except for Justice and Daft Punk, it's bizarre how they call themselves patricians, hate on normie yet call /bleep/ cancer and then hype the Foo Fighters of house music.

Must be an American thing.

yeah dude totally because Justice is totally "peak normie culture"

best fucking ever, melodic awesomeness, new shit, not the same shit every musician has brought us lately, more than fresh, masters of harmony at all levels.
10 out of fucking 10
aoty nuff said.

You think Justice is the foo fighters of house music? that makes zero sense. especially because their music isn't house.

I'll forever hold out for a Cross 2.0 but this is phenomenal.

Yes

Yeah it is and yeah they are, holy shit this board is so clueless

Buy your Coach tickets now boys

It'll be a hell of a set.

Get off Sup Forums and go outside once in a while if you think Justice is the peak of normie culture and not the absolute flood of EDM-pop garbage that's on the radio 24/7

Please enlighten me how their music is house music. vaguely "electro house" in a sense but calling it house music is just a massively ignorant over-generalization.

It's all the same. Every kandi wearing raver in the USA loves Justice and Daft Punk along with Joel and Sonny.

Electro-house is a house genre.

I can't even imagine how fucking dope it's gonna be mixing all 3 of those albums into a cohesive live show. It's gonna be something else for sure. They're confirmed for Ultra and they've kicked off the last 3 tours with Coachella so I'd say that's a safe bet.

So that's your argument? *some* of their music could be classified under "electro-house" so all they are is house music? What a well-articulated and thought through view point. Very smart.

All their music is electro-house you twat

Nooooo way. At a festival, yeah, but the people going to a Justice show aren't showing up for the EDM rave kandi bullshit. Sonny arguably picked up their fan base when he was first starting off since it was very raucous, aggressive club noise, but that's neither Sonny nor Justice's sound anymore. Generalizing on the basis of dance music and its overall popularity is one thing, but I can't say I'd agree that Justice and Daft Punk (especially now) are somehow in line with the aforementioned EDM pop trash.

Try again, you fucking troglodyte. The first album was brand of electro house that probably wouldn't even be recognized as such when compared to things considered "electro house" now. The second album is a mixture of arena rock and italo-disco, and this new one is some kind of intergalactic disco rock opera.

You're an absolute fucking retard if you really think it's all electro house.

Lol you are talking such bollocks

It's cute how Sup Forums makes up silly labels to try and disguise how shot the music really is

What's wrong with you shill fucks it's awful, it's uninspired "le disco nostalgia" bullshit. The vocals are horrible, the tracks are all too long, none of the melodies are original or memorable in any sort of way

literally 1/10

if you think Woman is electro-house you are quite mistaken, sir.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arena_rock

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italo_disco

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_opera

Yeah dude I totally made up those terms. Stay ignorant, fucking pleb. Kanye's dick isn't gonna suck itself.

>69 on metacritic
btfo

any dl links? there's only one song on Spotify™

i second this totally.

>boohoo where's skrillex with le heavy drop in the remix i don't like live instrumentation

it's on tpb and out officially today so it should all be going up soon if it's not already.

please leave r/music

get fucked m8 skrillex is a hack who sold out and was barely good to begin with

Preach

This is really embarrassing for both of you

fight me you e-bitch

I don't know which one of the two in the chain this is, but calm down.

He was trying to imply that because you immediately assumed he was a skrillex fan, you are shortsighted and unaware that just because someone doesn't like disco revival it doesn't mean that they like shit music

Nobody in this thread most likely listens to Skrillex

If all you can do is act close-minded and assume people who have differing opinions also have a shit music taste, then off to r/music you go

why did i ever think Sup Forums would somehow not be an elitist circle-jerking shit pot?

Stop listening to EDM trash, problem solved.

One of you is placing obvious bait and is the definition of "if I don't like it neither can you". The other is going for the "the only people who wouldn't enjoy Justice are Skrillex fans!!" approach.

I've seen Justice live and enjoyed the album, but this is beyond embarrassing to watch as both of you are acting like children.

>why did i ever think Sup Forums would somehow not be an elitist circle-jerking shit pot?
>makes fun of anybody who doesn't like the same music as them by calling them a Skrillex fan
Yikes!

I'm fully aware of this. It's funny that you're chastising me about being "close-minded and [assuming] people who have differing opinions also have a shit music taste" when the other post started off with "what's wrong with you shill fucks"

But yeah I'm the only one who acted or said something close-minded.

please stop

>please stop
What did he mean by this?

well give options then, give them and we'll see if you have any point on that you just wrote, not any?? i thought so, nerd

This. Three years of work but it sounds like three weeks of work. Very unoriginal songs, uncatchy melodies, horrible singer. All of what I loved about Justice seems to be gone now. When I listened through that album I always hoped for another Alakazam. But after many shit song I ended up and even was surprised it's "already" their last song on the album. Like an endless intro.

Honestly I think it's kind of disapointing. Cross was so unapologetic about being electronic music, same with Planisphere. With AVD and Woman, they kind of exist in this uninspiring plane of MIDI imitations of real instruments. RAM by Daft Punk at least sounded authentic, these last two Justice albums just kind of sound cheap to me for some reason. I think the problem is that when you use MIDI instruments to try and emulate funk and arena rock, you get the musical equivalent of the uncanny valley effect. Something just doesn't sound right, I can't put my finger on it, but I can immediately tell; the strings, the drums, the guitars, they all sound tacky and fake.

The music itself isn't bad though, this album has definitely got some catchy tunes, but they are a bit derivative. Lets be real, we've heard all of these chord progressions before a million times

LOVE SOS BANGS IN THE WHIP SENPAI

Absolutely hate the falsetto vocals all over this LP. They honestly ruin the album for me. Chorus is sick though, it sounds like a Justice remix of the virgin suicides OST by Air

The strings are real, they actually had an orchestra do them.

Really? They sound so bad on songs like Safe and Sound, could have sworn they were using Kontakt or something

>2.5 minutes of pop/disco
>followed by 2.5 minutes of pop/disco WITH STRINGS!!

Consider the following:
>Daft Punk are going on the Alive 2017 tour
>Justice are going on the Woman tour
What if they do a joint tour? Or just a couple of joint shows? I would kill someone just to get the tickets.

I'm a normi, but I don't know a single person who listens to Justice.

I'm a normie and I know four, but three of them only started listening to Justice after my recommendation.

I have a lot of pleb/normie friends, and only 1 of them know what the fuck Justice is

if the rest is as good as randy was, it'll be the top justice album in my book

>Cross was so unapologetic about being electronic music
so..
the album...
was about....
being electronic music.........................
unapologetically. . . . . . .. .. ... .. ... .....

Stop is so fucking good jesus fucking christ.

>New Justice album gets almost no discussion on release day
What the fuck happened to Sup Forums in the two years I was away?

p good.

are you autistic

The album was very uninspired disco.

The tracks are aight but the vocals are very bad at the point that it ruined everything it had going on

>wasn't electro house in 2007 because it's not the same as electro house in 2015

>intergalactic disco rock opera

..lad

>All the people going "where's muh Cross 2.0"

They have said many times they do not wanna make music like that anymore/they want to do their own thing. If you really want that kind of stuff go see them live. Because that's probably the only place you're gonna see anything close to "Cross 2.0"

where's cross 2.0

Listen to their first album.

where's cross 2.0

this so much

shit, listen to it, delete it, empty the trash.

albumlust dot co/albums/justice-woman Listening to it for the first time here - stop is amazing - golden stuff gents

Half of the album is already on my party playlist after the first listen. The girls are gonna like it next weekend ;^)

Get fucked.

Safe and Sound is still fucking great, Randy grew on me, Pleasure is pretty good, Chorus I didn't really even notice, Alakazam was boring, Fire was shit, Stop was OK. Heavy Metal was great, love S.O.S was also great, Close Call is meh

Absolutely this.
You think "well, that was a decently-enjoyable track that's going to end at an appropriate time!" and then HALF the fucking song is left!

It's easily their best album overall, but that is really not saying very much...

My ratings from first listen last night:

I still think AVD would have been a masterpiece if they used real instruments. It's pretty great, but sounds off compared to cross.

Loving it so far
It's really impressive

apparently,
i mean, Childish gambino, Justice, indie/rock threads, etc
i'm not even hating, things change i guess, oldfags are dead

boring repetitive disco
some good shit here and there but overall pretty meh

?What the fuck, dude?
It's just the newly-released stuff, caaalm

Yeah, this

where's cross 2.0

anyone ITT thinking justice aren't normie tier are absolute morons go outside or talk to people maybe make a friend because you are ignorant

I agree with this. I don't understand their wide appeal at all.

> † - 8.7

>AVD - 7.7

>Woman - 5.8

oh shit dude, nice taste. i actually really enjoyed both cross and monarchy. didn't know people actually knew about this album, i only saw mosh himself post it on reddit on release

Herbert - Scale was better but still a very good album

one more payment plan to pay off next month and my coachella is all set. it will be my 6th year in a row. this might be as good as 2012 if not has the projection to be better

is there anything as funky as this right now? need to music on for work tonight and this is what im feeling like playing today

Got a lot better in the second half, glad I stuck around. Overall 8/10

i love this meme

jealous of ur old AM layout wish i never updated mine

more like zedd 2.0

Its okay, S/T and Planesphere are still better. Too disco sounding and similar to Random Access Memories.

This is their RAM. Was expecting something better after such a long wait. It's decent. But Cross and Audio Video Disco is where it's at.