Tfw smoking 75 cigarettes a day

>tfw smoking 75 cigarettes a day

anyone here managed to quit smoking?

finally an original and unique thread

This. It's about time we got some OC around here

Assuming you sleep/eat for about 8 hours per day, that means you literally cannot last 10 minutes without smoking. It also means you spend about 20 bucks a day on smokes. Like I understand addiction is rough but seriously, the fuck is wrong with you?

yes.
started vaping nicotine-free. went through 2 weeks of mild withdrawal.
Felt less and less inclinded to vape eventually (happens to most people over time automatically), and eventually stoped vaping as well.

clean since 6 months. Feels great, and wasn't too much of a struggle in the beginning.

Fucking faggot. Stop posting the same thread.

That would be 40 hours a day in New York State

Costs me 36 a day

>40 bucks a day
ftfy

In kind of a similar boat, though not that extreme.
I just started at the beginning of this year and I'm up to a pack a day. Any advice on how to not smoke them so much?

not OP but dude, I have been smoking for over 15 years now and I am thinking about spending money on a vape dildo just in case it helps me quit.
Could you give a bit more info about your case? How much did you use to smoke, how long etc?

I was being really generous like, if he buys loose tobacco in bulk and rolls his own with a machine. Dude might sleep 8 hours per day and eat for two or three too.

I did after looking at this horrible monster.

Huh, never seen this thread before...

see
smoking is made up of 2 addictions at once.
nictone-addiction in itself, and the constant urge to do something with your hands.

vapes can supplement the later, so even if you don't stop smoking completely, you can reduce the amount of times you actually need a nicotine-fix down to maybe 5 cigarettes a day.

I've been Vaping for 6 years not one ciggy since , when I tried to smoke after 3 weeks of Vaping I nearly threw up so yes it does work people

the idea's brushed my mind a couple of times, maybe I'll get one for myself for my birthday.

Similar here. I see cigs as punctuation marks for the day (do this, cig, do that, cig). I just started spreading them out further and I've effectively cut back from a pack a day to a pack across 2-3 days. Also try limiting your drinking since that will usually drag you back.

before that I was on about a package per day (5.60€ here), so that were 173.60 € per month. Was smoking for roughly 10 years.

The vape I bought was 49€ (you can buy cheaper models, but most screw you over with over-prized liquid cartriges that only fit into these cheap vapes), and the first 50ml of nicotine-free liquid I ordered did cost me additional 12.99€

these 50ml have lasted for 2 months roughly, so disregarding the entry cost of 49€ for the vape itself, I've spend only 0.20€ per day for vaping.

and by that time, I already started to vape less and less, and naturally lost my "manual addiction" as well.

i smoked 200 zigs a day for 20 years.
now i quit for 1 year.
feel better now
i died 6/2015
greetings from god and elvis

my brother quit cold turkey and im quitting by the end of the month but i smoke cigars so im probably gonna still smoke them during occasions.

I can't stand the early morning craving (with my coffee usually) the after lunch and before I go to bed. The rest of the day I can cope. Does it help with that?

if you buy nicotine free liquid, no.
You will feel the withdrawal, but after 2 weeks it disappears since it's out of your system.
Alternatively buy liquid with some mg of nicotine, but that means that you will continue vaping as long as you use nicotine.

even tho it's a lot cheaper, vaping is not entirely health-risk free. Vaping will allow you to regain sensitivity for tastes, so you drinks / meals will taste better, but as long as you vape, you will still suffer from reduced lung-capacity.

I'd recommend you to deal with the 2 weeks of mild nausea and nervosity, so you have good chances to quit vaping on the long run, on a natural and withdrawal-free way as well...

Keep smoking 75 cigarettes a day and quit making these shitty threads

That was a fucking amazing show.

original thread

I got a shitty little e cig upon my familys request, I haven't smoked in about a month?

Cut down and vape in between, go for like a 0 or 3mg and cut down gradually, maybe like 40 a day with intermittent vape seshs, I know everyone's different, but I cut down to 10 from 50 with this method.
I think having the mindset of 'cutting down' instead of 'I need to quit' helped a lot as well

Good luck brother

Just run out of money

You won't be able to afford them so you can't smoke them

This

>2007 break up with best girl ever
>resolve to quit smoking and get in shape
>hard as shit but distracts me from feels
>start running mile after mile
>pretty soon 1/2 marathon, I'm totally hooked
>meet new hotter broad thats freaky as shit
>fast forward to 2016 need knee replacement and got the AIDS

You must fucking stink

It can be done you just have to want it, unfortunately in most cases you have to replace an addiction with another one that's how I stopped

I smoked pretty regular for about 7 years or so, and I finally managed to quit within the last year or so. It takes a lot of will power, at least for me. The hardest part is choosing not to go to the store down the street on your lunch break to grab a pack and smoke a few. After a few weeks of doing that, you start feeling like shit in the morning because of all the smoke and phlem that starts coming up. Then you realize you feel like shit and smell awful whenever you smoke. I can smoke 1 cigarette, and wake up the next morning feeling like a face hugger laid an Alien egg in my chest. That alone keeps me from smoking. The cravings are far less intense now. Its hard and takes time but once you finally quit my god it feels so good. I will still smoke the occasional cigarette if Im out drinking with friends and someone happens to have one, but it won't make me lose all control and start smoking regularly again.

I did quit smoking two weeks ago, was smoking 2 packs a day. I can only tell you what worked for me and thats going cold-turkey. The moment i made the decision was a festival, when i'm drinking i cant resist lighting one up so neadlessly to say i smoked a shit ton in those 3 days. The monday after my throat was so i'll i didnt even fancy a small smoke. Didnt smoke for the whole day. The next morning at work i tried to go without a smoke, didnt smoke the whole day tbc...

... So for the whole work-week i manged to go without a smoke. In the weekend - a metal festival - I obviously had alot of drinks again and my friends offerd me a smoke, i did resist a few time, but ya after i became more and more drunk i couldnt resist no more. I didnt however smoke a whole, passed it halfway to a friend. smoked 2 halved that night. The day after i believe i smoked 1-2 full cigs bc i was shitfaced. So ya that was all for the festival. The current work-week i managed to go without a smoke again. So ya its friday and i'm going to see "de la sol" tonight, we'll see how it goes... Don't really have the urge to smoke. I'm 25y/o.
> tl;dr no greentext