Hey faggots, give me one good reason you don't ride a fixed gear. Pic related, my bike

Hey faggots, give me one good reason you don't ride a fixed gear. Pic related, my bike.

because there are hills where I live

Because i drive a car. faggot

I don't own a bike

I live in Seattle, you get used to it

Because I'm an adult and drive a car you fucking cuck lmao

umm, because i can ride faster than you?, or slow, at the same cadence??

Because I'm adult and not some pussy nigger faggot hipster

I don't ride a fixie cuz that shit can be hella dangerous.
This is what i ride

>U
isnt that a fixie?

It's just a single speed. I personally enjoy coasting downhill

Fatasses detected

isnt that was a fixie is? a single gear, aka one speed?

geared bikes are more efficient, but i do appreciate the elegance and simplicity of a single speed. maintenance is way easier also

with a fixed cog on the back, you cant coast. so the speed of the rear wheel is directly proportional to how fast the pedals are spinning. theyre pretty fun to ride

But why would you want to? It still isnt better even though youre used to it.

No. A fixie has a rear hub which moves with the chain so that the bike doesn't have the ability to move without the pedals constantly turning whereas a single speed has a rear hub which has the ability to coast (pedals don't move as the bike moves)

Because I don't want testicular cancer. Unlike you, I actually use mine.

Thinking about building a nice fixie to replace my cheapass racing bike, tips OP?

>1" headset

You fucking pleb

How can riding a bike give a person balls cancer

anyone on Strava? also
>fixie foos pls go
>it's fixed gear u pleb scum

Gimme ONE good reason to ride a fixed gear. I am a bike messenger and faggots like you make me chuckle alot.

oooooooooh

you use your testicles or your bike? i dont understand

just find a frame with horizontal dropouts (or diagonal can work) that fits you, take all the shit off of the bike frame (water bottle holder, at least 1 brake, derailleur, gear shifters etc), replace the rear hub with a fixed hub. you can probably use the road bike you have

Basically you are ruining a bike doing that.

it's fun

gtfo with your shit tier bike grandma.

erm yeah. I do own a proper track bike for a track (out- and inside), I know it's fun.

However, riding a bike in full traffic with no brakes, is just full blown retarded.

It's like as if you would remove all brakes of a car, drive it at any speed. In case you need to stop, you just hope you can negiotiate around the obstacle or maybe throw an anchor out of your fucking door.

Why not?

Rode it for a year, Destroyed my knees (enough damage that i got surgery this feb and still recovering)

Fixied, not even once.

There are a few, actually. But in the end those few are weighed out by the whole "doesn't belong in traffic" thing.
Fixed gears are for the track.

Cuz i aint poor op

I second that.

>knee damage
I'd like to add I rode brakeless and was very good at fixed gear riding, I was competing in alley cats and shit, but i eventually tore my acl from a seperate urban street freestyle mountain biking accident. but there was extra damanage to both me knees from fixed gear.

I mountain bike.
>inb4 loser :(

I mostly just use one gear, but sometimes I don't have much time to get to work so I have to shift up one because there is a point where I can't spin my legs any faster.