How do you guys feel about Fallout 4? I liked the first two, 3, and NV, but I'm not digging Fo4 as much

How do you guys feel about Fallout 4? I liked the first two, 3, and NV, but I'm not digging Fo4 as much.

Also, the DLC? Kinda disappointed with all the tiny settlement DLCs. I expected expansions when they claimed 6 DLC in the Season Pass

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2016/06/21/fallout-4-mods-are-having-some-problems-on-ps4/#336d11274b3f
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

With mods, and survival mode, I'm really enjoying far harbor. The game seems to respond really well to molding with is the big one for me.

Modding

Kind of feels like they dumbed down most things for a wider audience. There's like, what, 2 or 3 established towns in the whole game

Fallout 4 is amazing and fun with mods but boring and consoles and the dlc is meh only farharbor is okay also kinda excited for.make ur own vault dlc

I'm a console pleb with 4, I got NV on pc and modded the shit out of it and loved it, but my current PC can't handle 4.

I will say, I really like the new Survival mode; I started a new character and I'm only a few hours in, but it's very satisfying, and that's without getting to any DLC content yet.

>tfw the first deathclaw one-hits you in power armor

agreed. Really lacking in interesting, eccentric characters imo

It's shit. I have thousands of hours in F3 and NV.
The entire game, you are the errand boy/girl. You never truly can make an impact in the grand scheme of things.
Your big choices are, kill this group, or join them. That's it. New Vegas and even Fallout 3 were so much more intuitive story wise than 4 is.
4 is just an open world first person shooter frankly.

Underwhelming, but I wasn't really expecting much after skyrim. They don't know if they're making an action game or an rpg, so they half ass both. Combat is shit compared to other fps's, and the rpg-elements are shallow compared to other rpg's. The quests, characters and the world in general is pretty bland. Bethesda has lost their charm.

FO4 mods are on console you dumbass.

Fucking idiots I swear.

They're not on PS4 yet. Later this month

forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2016/06/21/fallout-4-mods-are-having-some-problems-on-ps4/#336d11274b3f

Was super excited when it came out but then I played a couple hours and just didnt get sucked in like I did with the other games. Had to force myself to play it every time thinking oh this will get better im sure but it didnt and I just kept forcing myself, eventually I just stopped and thought why am I even doing this I'm clearly not enjoying it and its been sitting on my shelf gathering dust ever since.

this ... shitty game was too easy. Wasteland my ass; more like treasure land ...

I enjoyed FO4
The things that irk me
>dialogue system
>no real karma system
>cardboard sidequests
Other than that, i enjoyed it alot.

It's strong on exploration. I miss finding truly unique loot, though. I feel like the legendary weapons aren't special like going and finding something that is truly one of a kind

and yeah the sidequests are boring

Yeah. I wish the weapons crafting was a bit better. It felt like just make whatever is the most powerful and go shoot. It didnt feel like it had a real purpose.

Way too easy. Even the new survival. "Rare" items were far too easy to get. Not sure how people bitches about not having fusion cores for their armor...I had 176 of them when I beat the game the first time. Didnt even use that clunky shit the second playthrough. It's too inconvenient and not actually that much better than fully upgraded armor.

Ammo system is shit (NV shined here), melee and throwing weapons is shit, unarmed combat is WORSE than Fallout 1, there's only two ways to end every story arc (be good or be bad), there's almost no speech/int/chr/str/dex checks on any dialogues. Cooking/survival system dumbed down to shit (NV shined here too, the best food made you kinda godly) and no way to transition or recycle ammunition. Settlements are ultimately pointless and do nothing to further your personal goals (oh goodie, 2 extra fucking razorwheat every 7 days).

The DLCs are laughably bad. They're worse than the Headhunter DLCs for Borderlands 2, but at least Gearbox was honest and said the Headhunter packs would be small. Bethesda just lied.

Am I the only one that kind of hates the settlement building system.
I mean it could have been cool but I feel like they put way to much thought into it while they should have been focusing on other things
If I wanted to play the sims I'd go play the fucking sims

Sonyggers when will they learn

>bethesda just lied

Is this really coming as a shock to anyone?

Bethesda fucked fallout 4 into oblivion "no pun intended"
Here are some of the major fuckups the cunts at Bethesda made.
>dialog system is complete trash, it's simple enough a 4 year old could come up with it, there are no secret dialog options, there is no funny things you could say like in 4 and NV
>skill tree is now garbage
Without a point based system, it's over simplified the game, it was only a perk based system and you you made 1 choice per level-up, with the points you assigned to different skills it extremely increased player customization, it further immersed yourself into the game
>they gave us power armor far to early on
I know I was extremely excited my first time in the power armor, but after that initial excitement, there really was nothing left, other than finding cores and more armor
>not enough locations or more specifically IMPORTANT locations, there arnt many quests that tie locations togather like in previous games, you don't get the fun feeling of doing an errand, only to be sidetracked by another errand, only to end up somewhere completely different, in fallout 4 it's just "well they want me to go here, I'm here, they want me to do this, I did this"

Bethesda fucked fallout 4, it's still a good game, but it's the 2nd worst fallout game

That is to say, without mods

>Am I the only one that kind of hates the settlement building system

I take it you haven't been to Sup Forums that much?

>there's almost no speech/int/chr/str/dex checks on any dialogues
Wrong. There are millions of them. None of them change anything though, making it even worse.

Fallout 4 is fun enough but it's no New Vegas.

Obsidian has voiced interest in doing a follow up to FO4 like they did with NV for FO3, that's what I'm really waiting for.

>implying the mods fix the core problems

Mainly everything is just speech checks. The game is easy as shit if you just max your Charisma early on.

Nope. But MFW Bethesda did the April Fool's gag for a DLC saying Ulysses had contacted the Lone Survivor. And a shitload of people bought it.
>Ulysses wouldnt set foot in your piece of shit FO4 game, hes too busy being godly in The Divide

>Sup Forums
God no

>Wrong. There are millions of them. None of them change anything though, making it even worse.
Fucking where? My second playthrough was 8 int 8 chr energy weps, fucking where are those dialogue checks?

It'll be fucked, though, because they'll probably have to follow up with a voiced MC, which fucks over the dialogue and so on, or else the "le bethesda makes thE BEST GAMES xDD" audience will go fucking nuts.
I fucking hate this whole industry.

I think Fallout 4 really brings alot with the new features and I enjoy all the DLCs, although I think FO3 has better quest. Nv is at the bottom, it had the worst story in my opinion and alot of empty places

Found one of them.
Probably dumped 700 hours into Skyrim.

>found one of them
Yeah, you wish

Kek, dumb fuck lessbox fanboi

>Bethesda just lied.
No they didn't.

Why are you people so dumb?

They said on your two of them would be large expansions in the season pass. Far Harbor is out and Nuka-World is coming later.

If you were expecting The Shivering Isles you're retarded. Skyrim should have told you what to expect.

>lessbox
>has more
>has mods
>ps4 can't handle mods

Lmao

I'm glad I didn't buy the season pass.
It feels like Bethesda has already forgotten the harsh lesson they learned from the backlash around the horse armor dlc in oblivion. They're right back to screwing their customers over, selling them shit that took so little effort to whip up on their part, that it should be free. It's fucking insulting that this is the kinda thing that Bethesda defaults to when they aren't actively suffering a PR shitstorm because of it.

Ewww, if you like new Vegas more than 4 just kill yourself. New Vegas was a boring pile of shit.

On another topic, what does Bill Gates' cock taste like?

I started out with max charisma and max luck.

i hate the dog.

If anyone wants to play an open world fps, that's what Farcry is for.

>Has more bugs
>Has 2g of mods lel
>Can barely handle Netflix, let alone fallout 4

Lol, you fuckers just haven't played. Met the family running the dugout Inn in diamond city? Those are some characters. Met the Cabot patriarch or the drug-addled Irish woman from the battle zone? This game has enough complexity and interesting characters/encounters to rival fallout 3. You fags are probably playing on anything but survival and fast traveling past anything interesting.

How is that bricked cuckbox treating you?
How does it feel to know that your mods shit on your shitty console?

This right here.
There are charisma checks. That's it. At least in dialogue. I think there might be some perception checks hidden somewhere with inanimate objects. But the vast majority of all skill checks in the game that change how you interact with people/the world are charisma checks.

Noone here plays ladykiller I guess. Ignorant cucks

Say that to survival faggot and not on normal and see what happens

I absolutely love Fallout 4. Going out collecting and bringing back to a home base is my way of playing fallout.
I also loved F3 and was disappointed in NV

This nigga gets it. Been playing survival for weeks, hardly explored 1/4 of the wasteland

one thing that really bothered me is the fact that all the unique weapons are just named versions of the special weapons you can find on legendary enemies. I found a named laser rifle with a bottomless clip in a bank vault or something that I though was pretty cool and then my friend found the exact same gun on a legendary super mutant. Same stats and everything just no name. Just made it seem kind of pointless to me

Hangmans alley reporting in!
Raiders and gunners fear the neighborhood sniper

I still miss the advanced Genitals Addon

It's incredible compared to the old ones. And you don't just make the best if you don't run a builder. I buy and take mods off enemy guns. More rewarding, less skill points wasted.

Bethesda is just doing the same thing almost every other company is doing. Making a game that will sell the highest number of copies rather than making a good game and trusting that people will recognize it. This is why skyrim and fallout 4 were both shadows of previous titles and so simple that a 5 year old could play it. Its a sad truth of the industry that the largest part of the consumers only wants games that don't make them think and are easy to pick up and complete without struggling at all. DLC and brain dead games like CoD have ruined gaming

Except the cryolator... And just to let you know there are specific legendaries that are only to be found in one place. Like the smg cricket sells with explosive rounds. Just because they don't have special looks doesn't mean they aren't great. You're part of the reason game developers spend longer making things pretty than actually making a coherent game.

Somebody only plays on normal difficulties. Wouldn't be saying that if you cranked it to max each time, ya pleb.

its got nothing to do with special looks, its about unique weapons actually being unique and not random spawn. I guarantee you can find an smg with explosive round on a legendary enemy that is exactly the same she sells. The cryolator is a one that you can't and the broadsider is another one I can think of but thats all I can think of. I don't give the slightest fuck about a pretty game, most of my favorite games are old and look like total crap compared to modern stuff. Id much rather have a very ugly game that is super fun than a beautiful game that is boring

So obviously then, if Bethesda is shit now, then someone should easily be able to swoop in and make those Bethesda bucks.

Yet for some reason...the only people making Bethesda bucks is Bethesda...its almost like they offer an experience no one else does.

And I think Skyrim and Fallout 4 both sold gangbusters. So you are just factually wrong.

I do play on the highest difficulties but that doesn't necessarily mean the games are hard. In skyrim the only excuse for dying is that you weren't watching your health since you can just pause and chug health items and admittedly survival in fallout 4 is pretty cool but its not really about the difficulty that I am talking about. Hard doesn't mean better, it is about depth. Morrowind wasn't particularly difficult once you got the hang of the system but it is a vastly better game than skyrim because the characters are a lot more interesting and the world is much more detailed. Stuff actually ties in together and quests force you to stop and think about things rather than just running in swinging and picking up random item A and returning it to random person B. You have to actually listen and pay attention instead of just blindly following waypoints

What? I said that they made games that appeal to the biggest player base possible to sell as much as possible. They are doing the same thing almost every other company does. From a business stand point it makes perfect sense but its means loss of quality. For example Blizzard is still trucking along making stuff for their fan base instead of everybody and I bet they make more money than bethesda does. I didn't say Bethesda sucks, I just said they have fallen on the bandwagon of making simpler and prettier games

I can't even bring myself to play it anymore, the stupid weapons with superpowers are just ridiculous.

Don't get me wrong, I spent my time building up a few settlements, I patched the walls at the Castle and fortified the hell out of it. Did a few special things for some of the other settlements as well.

But now I'm at a point where I load it up and just... do nothing. I might pick a random mission to complete or something but I gain no enjoyment out of it.

I know in a few years it'll be amazing, I'll probably be able to download a mod where I can have waves of enemies attack the castle or something and just have a grand old time. Plus, y'know, slavery and sex mods, also sex-bots.

But I should just waited and gotten everything on sale like a year or two from now, I would have gotten just as much enjoyment out of it then, and probably a bit less disappointment since I would have had mods from the start.