'Sup Sup Forums. I have an interview with vector marketing/cutco on monday...

'Sup Sup Forums. I have an interview with vector marketing/cutco on monday. Is there any chance that I won't get scammed?

bro dont go its sum bullshit i went to there bullshit its gay

You will be scammed. Be prepared to buy whatever kit they need you to purchase to buy in to their pyramid scheme.

My current plan is to leave once they ask for money

user it isnt a scam.. what state/area is your interview?? i worked in the pittsburgh area for the last 4 years and have made a lot of money.. there is no start up cost/ you don't have to buy a kit; however they arent very up front about all of the information over the phone you have to go to the interview to find everything out.

I will tell you that it is a basic sales position.. the job duties include calling people to set up appointments to show cutco cutlery. they guarantee you a "base pay" amount for every "qualified appointment" (usually qualified appointments are showing people with jobs [because ppl need jobs to buy things] the product who are at least 30 yrs old (because they would use the product.))

The presentation is super easy and the product is really easy to sell if you follow the program, but most people give up early because it isnt an hourly job that y ou can do nothing at..you actually have to spend time calling to set up appointments and then go to them.. the commission ranges from 10%-50% based on your career sales (the more you sell the more you make)... cutco itself is an awesome product and most people like it a lot even if they dont buy it (which is why they have the base pay - most people buy enought that you make a ton on comission - but if not you have the safety net of the base pay)

they dont ask you to buy anything you just have to sell stuff... and you fucking moron every single corporation in america is a "pyramid scheme" the people on top make more for the people below doing more work

It's not really a pyramid scheme because you're actually selling a product and you're not required to recruit more people to sell them. That's how it was when I worked for then over 10 years ago.
Basically you'll get an into to the knives and if you want to sell them you will have to buy a basic kit and they will teach you how to sell the product. I did it for about 3 months in between HS and college.
Some people will suck and call it a scam. My experience was different I actually made a few grand in between that time and sure beat flipping burgers. You need to have a car and be afraid to talk to people and make a sale and then ask them for leads. You're not cold calling people, basically the people that but the knives give you the names of their friends so that you can prevent to them, that's the process.
If you hustle and aren't an autist you have a good chance of making good money, if you you're not the don't waste your time and money.
The knives themselves are actually pretty good and I still have my kit. It also taught me about peculiar things about social classes. For example, I did alot of dead end presentations with lower income people, lower middle class and all their friends and relatives were basically the same.
I killed it once I got a really good lead from an upper middle class family that gave me all their friends who were around the same status. Hope that helps OP

My wife worked for them, a long time ago. Here's what she just said when I asked her a second ago.

>it's like amway or one of those. It's not like a real job.
>you have to buy a set of knives right away before you can sell, and it's all commission.

So basically, any time money passes hands, that is the business. Tomorrow these guys will try to sell you some knives. That may lead to you making them some money in the future or it may not, either way they've made a sale. That's generally how multilevel marketing of big ticket items (knives, vacuums, etc...) works.

Cutco knives are pretty good, but are over priced. They're not as good as professional grade knives but they cost as much.

Their sharpening and warranty service are excellent. We've sent a bunch of stuff back for sharpening and received new shit in return.

They make the best scissors I've ever used, and I grew up with an upholsterer who had a stack of professional grade shears.

Their "double D" serrated edge is gimmicky bullshit.

Their knives are made from 440A stainless. Most knife makers don't even consider this anything more than super cheap crap, far beneath anything you'd ever make a good knife out of. Their scissors are made from something else though.

The case their fishing knife comes in is brilliant.

Pyramid scheme as fuuuaark dude. Fuck that place I hated it. Just get a Mcjob.

its retards like this that cant follow the program... if you cant tell this is a low quality human by his post im sure you wouldnt like the position either...

as far as not "getting scammed" dont be an idiot.. go to the interview and see what its about.. if its shady and you dont trust them leaave... if they ask you for money for something yu dont wanna do, dont give them money.. either way cant hurt to go and see for yourself

it's not a scam, just a very shitty job.

I noticed it was shitty the moment I saw there were 2 legally diagnosed tards as my crews.

barely made any money. when i worked they just let us borrow the knives. Make sure they do the same and not make you buy them

TL;DR OP dont go, it's like renaware, herbalife, etc. Find yourself a real job.

Basically my experience. I'm the user below with the long post with shitty grammar from auto correct.
You get out of it what you put into it. Most people will fail but if you're just looking to get some quick money in the summer and are willing to hustle for it and learn a few skills then I say go for it.

just to be clear (i work in the king of prussia office now) vector doesn't have a start up cost anymore... you DO NOT HAVE TO BUY ANYTHING. they will give you a free loaner kit to start... if you like it you have the option to buy it.. something like $90 for $500 worth of knives... once again you don't have to buy it, if the job isnt for you you just turn it back in (or when you find a better job... 90% of people use it as a PT job to supplement income..) i dot it full time for the last year and make good money.. it is good for taxes as well

Post your wives tits or gtfo married fag

You learned that people who don't have much money don't spend their money on expensive knives? What a revelation.

No faggot I learned that people from the same socio economic class tend to stick together. So if your friends are poor Fags you're probably one too dick shit.

>either way cant hurt to go and see for yourself
That's what I'm thinking, I'll show up to the interview and if i smell bullshit, I'll leave.

Also pretty obvious, retard. Economic classes are grouped into specific areas around town due to cost of living, which means it is more likely that you will encounter and befriend people of a similar class.

Well you've got it all figured out faggot don't you?

QUADS HAS SPOKEN

Don't do this stupid shit just get a normal job you can fuck off at. To make money selling Cutco you're either going to have to screw over family by making them buy overpriced knives or bust ass finding rich suckers to buy a $700 knife set just to make $70.

Yeah

thats what i did... also realize that every office is different (although they all follow the same basic program to sell the product) each office manager is free to run their office however they want... so some are really good and some are really shitty fuckin weirdos who have no idea how to run a business.. if it seems like something you may be interested in i wouldnt be afraid to ask the district (which is probably where youre going) manager where the division HQ is... the basic breakdown is sales rep --> assistant manager --> district manager ( a district is usally a few larger towns in area) --> division manager (a division is usually most of a single state or a few areas of a few smaller states and consists of 5-15 districts) --> regional manager (5-10 states) (if you are in the Mid west region it is a good place to be --Jeff Bry is an awesome person) --> then there is a CEO of vector east (al di leonardo) and vector west (bruce goodman)... pretty much everyone from division up is awesome if you know who your interview is with or say what area you are in i can probably give a few more tips

Any job that sounds too good to be true, is. Vector isn't a full-blown scam but it's still built on the assumption that most people won't make it very far.

I really don't get it. All this bullshit work to sell some fucking knifes? Are you fucking kidding me?

it will help your personal skills a ton, and help you get a better job in the future if youre nnot a fukin retard.. also i make more there than an hourly entry level job and i only work a few days a week.. plus reps also make their own schedules so they dont have to jump thru any bull shit hoops about being late/days off/vacation etc... it really does help change your mindset in a positive way

Total scam but the knives are pretty good. Some people in my family bought them from a cousin to be nice and they are still perfect 25 years later.

funny hhow no one can actually tell you what about it is a "scam" also do you know how much stupid shit people blow money on... not to mention that the kitchen is easily the most expensive room in the house... (large appliances that break - counter tops, lighting, small appliances.. etc) as well as some other shit that they never use... people blow money on smoking, patio furnityre that is out for a few months a year.. kayaks, clothes, animals, stupid shit.. so they can definitely see the value in knives they will use a lot that are actually good and have a good guarantee

This.

It really helps if you already have people to sell to that are upper middle class and fall within the criteria that vector has set out so 1) you get paid for at least doing the presentation even without a sale and 2) they will know other people like then that they can refer to you.
If you're a poor Fag and only know poor people it's going to be tough for you from the start.