How does Sup Forums feel about cigars?

How does Sup Forums feel about cigars?
>pic related I just bought this kind

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oasO67QTUv0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

One of Sup Forumss favorites.

How is it?

I buy myself a padron 1964 anniversary every once and awhile. The Mrs. doesn't like cigars so I let the humidor empty out.

It has a nice blend of different flavors, with each coming out at different times while getting slightly more potent as you go on

Try the LFD La Nox if you can, only 12 bucks and it's pretty good. Not a Padron, but damn fine for the price.

I graduated recently, so I smoked cigars with my friends, but they had absolute shit, so I just bought a more expensive kind and it was sublime

Villiger Exports are not too bad, they are dried cured.
Ive always wanted to get my hand on a box of Drew's Java Mint and Java, but Im not rich.
I had these great little Cigarllos once that were damn good, cant remember the name of them anymore :(

Do you prefer a lighter or darker tobacco?

I'll buy cigars here and there occasionally. It is more of a special occasion kinda thing for me. If you want a good brand, try Partagas.

doesnt matter to me, Ill try anything to see if I like it, though I do tend to lean to Milder cigars.

Never really understood the appeal to be anything but a status symbol. Unless you inhale the smoke, you're receiving a very small amount of nicotine per puff. All of my "cigar-enthusiast" friends have confessed to me at different times that the tradition of "tasting the smoke" and trying to distinguish it as anything but burning leaves is bullshit.

Love em

Never tried any fancy ones, but recommend Captain Blacks

I've been out of the cigar game for a while, but I just got this wine cooler a wife's friend was getting rid of. I'm going to turn it into a wineador. Look them up. I'm pretty excited. I've always wanted to do one, and since this is only an 8 bottle cooler, it will be great for aging the few dozen sticks I keep on hand.

youtube.com/watch?v=oasO67QTUv0

Like smoking gym socks I see
Try a real cigar. They will open your eyes

Just because they have a shit tier palate doesn't mean others cannot taste subtle flavors.

has anyone tried the Markers Choice hand rolls? Heard they where good little things.

This

The higher quality cigars really do have different flavors, and you get quite a decent buzz if you go for a full strength one

>"Wow, this one tastes like burning leaves and nuts"
>"Wow, this one tastes like burning leaves and coffee"
>"Wow, this one tastes like burning leaves and chocolate"
>"Wow, this one tastes like burning leaves and dirt"

What an experience

Anything less than cuban is bullshit.

Great choice. Anything by MyFather is great. I'm also a big fan of Oliva. Pic is Oliva Series V Box Press Maduro

>"wow this cock tastes like cock"

I'll assume this is a troll because even people who love cigars agree that there's a time and place for every type of stick and would never turn their noses up at an Opus X for example. There are plenty of great non-cubans.

Pretty sure they moved the factory to the D.R. like most Cuban Cigar companies. Till the US opens back up trades(why we still have an embargo beats the fuck out of me) theyll stay in the D.R.

Sorry, Americunt here, but I love Nicaraguan

Anyone ever tried a Leaf by Oscar?

Smell like old farts

Never tried anything from Connecticut

why do you like short, almost comically short, cigars?

>hotter, harder draw
>less time smoking it
>you end up throwing out or cutting off the last few inches, which, on your cigar, is almost half of it

>quite a decent buzz
you mean, tobacco sickness? Those have been my worst experiences in my life

>9th grade
>get invited to "hardcore" party with drugs/alcohol
>go
>hazed into taking 400mcg of acid, despite weighing like 120lb
>get really bored for about 20 minutes, during which time I am offered a pretty large cigar to smoke, because "it goes good with acid" (I found out years later that nicotine can actually fuck your trip up hard)
>start smoking cigar, first tobacco product ever
>shitty, disgusting first taste, but I do get a little of an effect from it (or maybe from acid), and it's fun enough to try
>LSD kicks in
>smoke the rest of the cigar, unknowing of the torment to come
>it was a full, 7" churchill, fuck if I remember the brand name
>almost as soon as I put the cigar out I start vomiting as the acid really starts to hit
>stop vomiting after about 3 minutes but for the next few hours, the taste and urge to vomit never leaves my body
>scared as fuck from acid, but also extremely embarrassed
>see boy I like
>I hallucinate an entire fucking conversation with the back of his head, and then he turns around and says hi
>leave party

worst night of my life, for sure. Not even alcohol sickness was as bad as tobacco sickness.

Serious question, what's the appeal of cigars to people who don't smoke regularly? I find that even having smoked a pack a day for about a year that I can't get through 1/4th of a good cigar before having a nauseating head rush.

They are Honduran but they have 4 varieties.
My local shop sells out of those so fast it's ridiculous. They are worth a try if you can find them.

cigar smoking is an acquired taste. It's also fun.

my favorite

>nauseating head rush

That's the cancer suplexing your braincells

I'll look for them next time I'm at my local shop, I'm just getting into cigars now, thanks for the tip Sup Forumsro

maybe trying getting cigars that arent as strong?

You don't inhale the smoke into your lungs like you do cigs. You "taste" the smoke of a cigar by puffing it inside your mouth

since you dont really inhale the smoke, the Vitamin N can be relaxing to non smokers. Like a pipe can be. I smoke about a pack a day of menthols, its really hard for me to enjoy most cigars or my pipe. But I still like the taste and smell of them so I smoke one every now and then for that. Once in a while if I draw too fast Ill get a head rush.

kek. nice one, pic related is mine.

Useless

Maybe I just inhaled too much of my father's second hand smoke as a kid, but I've been able to finish every cigar I've had rather easily

are you holding the cigar with your foot?

Ya I smoke a lot if cigars with my bros we like to switch it up I like Phillies Grape flavoured or backwoods Honey flavoured they're really good ya

>comically short
yea 4.5" is sooo short faggot

Enjoy your throat cancer fags!

How bout you throat me!

Cigar smoke is not all that bad. Its a natural smoke, unlike Cigarettes that have all kind of shit in them. Cigar and Pipe tobacco is almost pure.

I try to describe it as the same as drawing water through a straw.

I haven't smoked in 15 years, but my satisfaction also had to match my wallet. For the money, the machine made Arturo Fuente satisfies and left me with some $ for scotch. I know that there are better.

I started smoking cigars because I wanted something to do while I drink scotch. I smoke one every chance I get. I have no idea why, but I love them.

Some great light and not expensive mild cigars:

Nick's Stix Connecticut
AJ Fernandez New World Connecticut
Esteban Carreras 211
Alec Bradley Connecticut

That is very underrated and a great stick!

While it is a known carcinogen (but what isn't these days?) it doesn't GREATLY increase your chances of cancer

I hate cigars. I'd rather smoke weed.
>420 blaze it you faggots

Fuck yeah Oliva. They're great for the price.

This. The Oliva Series O is cheaper and amazing.

If I have the money I always smoke a MonteCristo.

Pretty much, it does seem that everything now days will give you cancer.
One of the reasons I like SNUS is it has never been linked to a single case of cancer. Dont know how, but if I could go back, I would rather pick up smoking cigars all the time vs cigarettes I know that much.

Does anyone else mix some really good weed into their cubans?

Found the 18 year old fag. Those and Black & Milds were cool in 1996. I bet you smoke clove cigarettes too.

Haha I smoke both
Not together tho

what a waste of a cuban

Makes them both taste like shit..

Very true

I've been waiting for a thread like this one. What's a good starter cigar sampler box? Something that has a bit of everything to start off with. I like lighter flavors, nothing too leathery but I don't mind trying something new.

nice quads

I agree with this faggot, I've tried a lot of different cigars and have found it doesn't really matter where a good cigar comes from as long as it's good. Having said that my absolute favorite is the Romeo y Julietta cedro.

I had them just a few times. I like a good pungent smoke but the manufacture was mediocre and they didn't draw well. When 80% gone, smoke takes up a rancid taste. It's the same as the smell of two-day old cigar ashes.

They're still a fun smoke for 40 minutes or so.

I gave my girlfriend a cigar, and after smoking for a while her's went out, so she went to relight it but put the wrong end in her mouth, anything similar ever happen to anyone else?

I've had quite a few and i'd say the Diesel Unlimited is my favorite so far.
I did have a Romeo y Julieta Cuban once. It was interesting. Not a huge legendary difference from Nicaraguan cigars, but it had subtle quality missing from the others.

Cigars are GREAT--for banging White House interns with.

My man

I copy and pasted this for you faggots, educate yourselves.

Nicotine is the primary psychoactive ingredient in tobacco and represents the component most likely to be abused. Though the nicotine levels in cigar tobacco are lower than in cigarette tobacco when measured per gram of tobacco (possibly due to the effects of extended fermentation), the total nicotine in any given cigar can vary from an amount equivalent to a single cigarette, to the quantity generated by a pack of cigarettes, or more (Blake, 2000), depending on the size of the cigar. Today’s trend is toward larger cigars, which likely contain the nicotine equivalent of several cigarettes.
Another important factor in the delivery of nicotine, as well as the delivery of other toxins and cancer-causing agents, is the manner in which a person smokes. The difference in composition of cigarette versus cigar tobacco is likely the cause of the differences in smoking patterns. Cigar smoke is alkaline (i.e., has a higher pH relative to cigarette smoke) and as a result is difficult to inhale without severely irritating the respiratory airways. The nicotine produced in a high pH environment is termed “free nicotine” and is a type that more readily absorbs through the mucous membranes of the mouth. Thus, cigar smokers can deliver a substantial amount of nicotine to the brain via transport through the oral mucosa. However, the rate of delivery is much slower.
Cigarette smoke, on the other hand, is mildly acidic, making it much easier to inhale and produces a type of nicotine that is termed “protonated.” Protonated nicotine is not readily absorbed through the oral mucosa and must be inhaled to produce substantial nicotine delivery.

I used to smoke these when I would get desperate. $3 a piece at the liquor shop. Fucking awful.

I like Zubans myself

Blowjobs are better than no jobs

Smoke em to celebrate
Used to go through 3 cigars and 5 black and milds a day but I've "quit" now
So occasionally I'll have a cigar to celebrate
A Churchill usually

I personally feel in my little bitch of an opinion that any kind of cigar is just a socially accepted form of self harm without the attention seeking part like cutting.

Just smoked a backwood earlier make sure it's moist but not soaked, i only smoke cigars when I'm stressing

There are samplers of different styles and qualities. Try them all.
Pic related, a few Cuban robusto samplers I bought last year.

I know right, I'm a little shit for answering OP's question. How dear I?

So is stuffing your face at a fast food chain faggot

nasty habit

It's a great way to relieve stress, I'm about to be a manager before I'm 19 so I got one today

That's the goddamned point m8

find all tobacco to be pretty gross. but thats just me.

Kek

stuck on the Davidoff special r tubos for about 1/2 a year now, not to expensive (55€ 3 e.g.), great and smooth taste for 1hour

I like the double r, how do those compare?

>managing a fast food restaurant

kek what a stressful life m8. you're gunna go far

I haven't tasted a good one, they last a long time, and my instinct is to inhale but you shouldn't. They're also too expensive.

What's the point like it doesn't get
You high, if you just need a smoke, have a cig

Pretty decent, almost has a pineapple taste

Actually it's a pool club

Understandable

the double r, are somewhat a bit milder if i remember right, therefore the special R´s cut are rubusto and have a higher impact in the nicoten-flash, if you like the dounle r, i would defently try them if you have the cance

the biggest differnce for me is the nicoten-flash and the time you can enjoy them

Pretty nice collection there

How do you justify spending so much on what is basically a dildo of cheap, poorly cut flakes of tobacco that makes any area smell like soil, that you can get the same nicotine from using a cheap cigarette with really well cut and cured tobacco?
Is it just a fashion statement, yknow what an ordinary person thinks when they see a cigar, either 1. That guy is executive, which falls short of you're clearly not, or 2. I bet everything that guy owns absolutely fucking stinks of burnt socks