Was vaperwave a mistake?

Was vaperwave a mistake?

Music in general was a mistake.

Feel free to quit posting this anytime.

considering evolution is a culmination of many mistakes over time, and our ability to hear changing vibrations in the air is one of those mistakes, which is all music is, yes music music was a mistake

This picture pretty much sums up my thoughts of vaporwave.

Shitty tired meme that won't die.

Human consciousness was a mistake.

No, the le randum xD normies got a hold of it and made it gay.

This world is a mistake, I replied.

more like normies created it, then autistic try-hard basement dwellers ruined it by over-analyzing the shit out of it,thus hyping a genre that was a meme from it's inception making it lose all of its appeal

remember this trend started on tumblr

It became a mistake when it became yet another avenue for normies to have an empty nostalgia circlejerk
Everything bad about vaporwave can be traced back to Floral Shoppe

2814 - 新しい日の誕生/Birth of a New Day
It's a fucking good ambient eletronic album tho

The only mistake is that it came too soon. We weren't ready, we weren't worthy ;(

This.

Vaporwave has always been just nostalgia masturbation and shitty memes wrapped into one package.

edgie

> normies created it

Daniel Lopatin is so far from normie

cant ruin something that's already garbage

capitalism was a mistake prove me wrong

protip anything like you're posting on a laptop doesn't count the USSR made it to space before the US did

The problem with vaporwave, as I saw it, was it was just nostalgia for the sake of nostalgia by people who didn't grow up or understand any of the decades they represented in their music.

I still don't understand why so many vaporwave music throws 80s production, 90s graphic art and Japanese characters into the package. It makes no sense. To me it feels like millennials are throwing a bunch of random "retro" shit together with no real theme and going "hey, weren't the 70s/80s/90s so wacky, haha!"

I'm sure there's decent vaporwave out there, but aesthetic is so important in the genre and frankly the aesthetic is fucking obnoxious.

It doesn't suprise me that vaporwave has become more of a shitty meme.

this is what happens when you get infected with vaperwave

instagram.com/original_riverwave
instagram.com/agaletus/

>implying everything created from tumblr is meme garbage.
>grimes, crystal castles, and some other quacks were popularized through tumblr
except for Yung lean, Since he came from tumblr sea punk.

are you ironically roleplaying an autistic 22 year old or are you being serious

>I still don't understand why so many vaporwave music throws 80s production, 90s graphic art and Japanese characters into the package. It makes no sense.

i thought they did that cause its what 90s kids grew up with

the 80s/70s thing was just said kids finding out about jap funk and sampling it to no end

No Oneohtrix Point Never basically invented vaporwave and it was originally not "lel meem XD" it was a bizarre but intriguing sound

I'm a 90s kid and only about a third of vaporwave art makes sense to me.

>Life has meaning

edgy

Sir! I'm not roleplaying as you!

>it was a bizarre but intriguing sound
eccojams was literally chopped & screwed for racist hipsters

>it was a bizarre but intriguing sound

i just learned about vst gonna include some, ahem, producer terminology in my memes im kind of clever like that, and understand humor and irony

i also have thoughts and read books