What does Sup Forums think about desert rock?

What does Sup Forums think about desert rock?
never seen a mention of it before on this site.

Never heard of it but it sounds cool as hell

>never seen a mention of it before on this site
Quenns of the Stone Age are constantly mentioned

I know that's a pleb opinion, but I honestly prefer them over Kyuss

qotsa are definitely better to just chill out to/drive to/sesh to

If you could imagine that I did a good photoshop job and changed it to KYS that'd be grand cheers

Stoner rock is well-regarded here, and there's a lot of overlap with desert rock (like I'd call Kyuss a stoner rock band as much as it is desert rock), and QotSA is certainly well liked.

Man I can't get into them. I get like 4-5 songs in on their albums and I get too bored. As for desert rock, Amusing the Amazing by Slo Burn is great

i think a lot of it is bland, i think they could do so much better if they didn't listen to black sabbath as much. i also think that the production is too clean on a lot of the albums, it sounds a bit cheesy. if the production was more muddy and crackly it'd sound a lot more authentic and textured to me. yawning man are probably the only desert rock band i've heard that do it for me

I agree with this user:
They're a much more fun band. I think Sky Valley is still better than any QotSA record desu

slo burn as well as yawning man i should've said

Welcome to Sky Valley is straight-up Sup Forumscore, and the genre is generally pretty well-liked.

Although it crosses over into doom, Jerusalem is a stoner metal/desert rock masterpiece

It's got a much more consistent tone, but I think that QotSA have better highlights than Kyuss did. God is in the Radio alone is god-tier

...Like Clockwork is a very, very, very good album.

have seen Yawning man like 2 weeks ago in Germany, they are awesome got a CD signed by Gary Arce and the hot bassist .

If you havent't heard blues for the red sun, go listen to that rn and thank me later

will try it out thanks user

Maybe I didnt get it?

Cool as shit. Love Kyuss and Qotsa

A lot of people on here say like clockwork is their best but I think rated r and songs for the deaf are better. If you want the most deserty album though, I've gotta say era vulgaris is the one.

maybe you just have shit taste?

>never seen a mention of it before on this site.
you haven't been here very long

lurk more, Kyuss is constantly mentioned around here for a reason

sleep sucks