What music would you recommend for someone who likes XTC?

I've become really obsessed by them lately and need more, because I've listened to near-on everything they've released now.

Other urls found in this thread:

xtc4u.org/march81982/March 1982 - 04 All Along.mp3
youtube.com/watch?v=LHiOb1toqGc
youtube.com/watch?v=0tyLGi2LtlU
youtu.be/_4HGyfms_pU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Orange Juice
The Pillows
But they were one of a kind.

Jellyfish
10cc
R. Stevie Moore
Early of Montreal
???????

The Radio Dept - Pet Grief

Black Moth Super Rainbow

and believe me...
oldschool clubland classix
any oldschool trance

>"XTC is a drug, too lol."

he meant that he was a negative creep, a negative creep, a negative creep and he was stoned

I've seen some other suggestions before of bands similar to XTC but they didn't really gel with me, not much comes close. I was the same a few months ago and they're still my favourite band.

Someone mentioned Wall Of Voodoo but I haven't looked into that.
The Stranglers are sort of similar but not as good.
The Vapors are similar in that they're also new wave and I enjoy them a lot but it's not as powerful or exciting.

Currently I'm listening to Bauhaus but that's more like Joy Division than XTC.

field music (the band)

Have you tried Andy Partridge's fuzzy warbles series yet? Or the reissues with Steven Wilson's fantastic remixes. Shit loads of unreleased demos, outtakes and alternate stuff there also.

Definitely give the Live release here a listen too

All good suggestions so far, though nothing that quite scratches the itch unfortunately.
I've heard that album, and I'm making my way through Fuzzy Warbles at the minute. I might get the reissues at some point in the future, I do hear that they are great quality.

I just listened to them and they sound sort of like korn

>What did he mean by this?

>WHAT did he mean by this???

living through another cuba which transitions into generals and majors on that live album is fucking gold

also this live version of all along the watchtower is great, not on any albums though so its not amazing quality which is a shame

xtc4u.org/march81982/March 1982 - 04 All Along.mp3

living through another cuba is such a fucking jam
kills me to know ill never see XTC live

Yeah, the only thing is that they're taking forever to come out with the reissues

Yeah, I heard Andy say that the reason the reissues are coming out in no particular order is because they're basically paying Universal to root about in the vaults to find whatever they can find, releasing that, then using the money they get from that to pay them to do it again, or something like that.

The The - Soul Mining

The Beatles.

No, I'm not kidding. This is the obvious answer.

I've never heard of them, are they good?

WE'RE ONLY MAKING PLANS

Yes, if you like XTC

World Party - Bang!

youtube.com/watch?v=LHiOb1toqGc

Has anyone heard that album of re-recordings of classic songs that Dave Gregory did? One or two of them ended up on compilations, but he subtly released a whole CD of them and I'm strangely fascinated by it.

youtube.com/watch?v=0tyLGi2LtlU

Barry Andrews on keyboards, Robert Fripp on Guitar, Sara Lee (Gang of Four) on bass. Some alcoholic on drums.

youtu.be/_4HGyfms_pU