So what else is there then?

So what else is there then?

those are both super broad. its like grouping music into string music and non-string music and asking if there's anything else.

burial is idm

Acid jazz
Nu jazz
Future jazz
Lounge
Downtempo
Broken Beat
Psytrance
Ambient

:^)

In terms of producing music

France > Germany > UK >>>>>>> USA

Hip hop

>daft punk is better than drexciya
lol

>muh shitty electro-house cheese kitsch

but don't you dare touch my 2195 rock subgenres

UK > France > Germany > Canada >>> USA > Scandinavia >>>>>>>>> Netherlands

>france over germany

Grime

>deadmau5 is better than juan atkins
lmao

Frenchcore > electro house

This, you can try to deny it but fucking go to Electric Forest and ask a bunch of people if they know who Burial is and I can guarantee a majority will say "Who?"

That doesn't make UK Garage IDM you tard

>being this faggot

no. but autechure, boards of canada and aphex are. USA will almost always be last on this genre of music. no doubt about it

Trip hop

What genre?

>who is Oneohtrix Point Never
>who is BMSR
>who is Tobacco
>who is Com Truise
>who is Arca
>who is Dan Deacon

electronica

lol

I mean if someone told me to tell them what genre Burial was and gave me the options EDM or IDM to choose from, IDM is much more fitting than EDM.

You just made most of those up

Why wouldn't you just say UKGarage?

>>who is Arca
A venezuelan

UK Garage is EDM

>tfw "idm artists" say they aren't doing idm
>tfw i have no face

UK>France>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everyone else

Germany > UK > Irrelevant

Glitch

Progressive electronic

Euro Haus, Schranz, Belgian tekno ;)

EAI

does anyone call burial edm?

or daft punk for that matter? i thought edm was more that club-centric, giant festival type of electronic. i know, i know i'm retarded

Yeh shut up mate. Maybe in Trumpistan but Burial can actually go off in a rave here in Bongland

That is EDM to everyone except metal fans, trolls and pardners

No, I'm with you. Sure, UK garage, techno, house, hardcore, w/e is electronic dance music but 'EDM' is a term used to refer to a certain trashy blend of big room house and trance, and including trap and brostep. Meaning is use after all ;)

Black USA > UK > Germany > everywhere else >>>>>>> Dutch > White USA

80s electro, techno and house and a little footwork, thats it from America

you are gay

in the US people don't know about Burial and people would probably call Daft Punk EDM
hell, considering the average person here they'd probably call Burial EDM too, or Techno, Electronica, or 'noise' (which is then immediately followed by them saying they only like 'real music')
pic related is very accurate

>tfw I own 5/6, unironically enjoy both, and have attended concerts for artists on both sides, enjoying myself thoroughly on either occasion

Most of Sup Forums in a nutshell too as most of this board is rock, rap or waifu spam.

Mods should delete all threads and have just one eternal Kid Rock thread

PC Music is superior.

Yeah, literally inventing techno, electro and house. Doesn't get much better than that. So many great artists/releases from the beginning even up to now, especially from the Detroit techno scene

The point isn't that the music pictured is bad

Lol PC Music is IEDM

Inventing it doesn't make up for crucifying it so horribly today.

That's why I made the distinction between black and white USA. Also, like I said, the producers/DJs inventing those genres have been consistently interesting even to this date

Of course you're right, since the fundamental point of the image is that there's more to electronic music than these two modern strains.

But the picture CAN also be construed apart from this formal intent to suggest that this-or-that subgenre is bad/pleb/boring, and you damn well know it. Otherwise why select the garish freaks at left or the boring nerd autechre lookalike at right. For you to pretend that that meaning is wholly absent from the image is disingenuous on your part.

They are the most posted albums here is all

The point is that they are meaningless terms

Breakcore
Techno
Hardcore Techno
Dubstep
UK Garage
Drum and Bass
Gabber
"Experimental"
Power Electronics
Noise