Single barrel vs silver select vs double barrel gold

single barrel vs silver select vs double barrel gold.

i found an independent store that sells all 3, $90aud / $130aud & $159aud, I want to get a bottle for a special occasion so what it the best for value and taste etc

Does it have to be jack daniels?

Unless you really know your tennessee whiskey just get the single barrel.

are those prices for 750ml?

There are better whiskies out there...

recently jack is the only thing I can drink without being a dickhead.

I haven't had the single barrel, but went abroad 3 months ago and got the silver select at duty free and I enjoyed it, but still a novice with thiskey to be honest

That's purely subjective. JD is the king of teneesee whiskey.

Johnnie walker blue..or glengoyne blue. Both superior whiskies

Tennessee whiskey I can agree with. Overall though is a different story.

Do they have Woodford Reserve bourbon?

700ml Single Barrel - $90
750ml Silver Select - $130
750ml Gold - $160

dear lord thats expensive

The king of beggars is still a beggar

Those are scotch. Totally different kind of whiskey. That's like saying Pinot Grigio is better than Burgundy.

I'm not into scotch at all

not sure, it's a small little store and I never venture out of the norm when at BWS, don't like jim beam and scotch

This is true, but he never explicitly stated it HAD to be Tennessee whiskey.

If you're going to drop dough on whiskey at least make sure it's not a brand that is utter shit like Jack. Fucking hell.

"King of Tennessee" whiskey apparently isn't much of a King at all.

OK now he did

Yes he did. He's asking about those three whiskeys.

a plain bottle of woodford taste far better than any premium jack daniels in my opinion.

There are only a few things I can drink nowdays without being a complete jerk.

Jack Daniels
Captain Morgan
Sailor Jerry
The Kracken
Wild Turkey American Honey

I turn into an asshole on pretty much everything else, im 30 now and stick to those drinks above, but thought a classy Jack would be good for an occasion

It is. JD is good shit. Don't listen to these naysayers who say it's shit, they're probably trying to be snobs because JD is so popular.

If you're deciding between just these three I'd say get the single barrel unless you can really taste the differences and think that it's worth the extra $40aud or $70aud. Single barrel is already significantly better than normal JD No.7.

exactly mate, I drink JD because I like it

sorted, single barrel it is, I won't be able to taste the difference on the higher end if everyone is saying single is still a good choice at the cheaper end, im sold!

thanks lads

Keep this in mind OP.
If your not drinking it straight, you won't know the difference.

Sounds like you should try a bunch more American whiskies before you go spending a fortune on some JDSB that they put in a shiny bottle. Get yourself some Four Roses Single Barrel or Elijah Craig or something by Buffalo Trace like Eagle Rare or Elmer T Lee or Old Weller Antique. I'd pick any of those over JD Single Barrel, and they're all cheaper.

Thanks mate,
my partner and I are announcing having a baby to the family, so I thought all the brothers and brothers in laws have a shot then a straight drink to celebrate was a good idea

I need to do research indeed, I pretty much have only drank what was premix cans in the straight liqour form haha

Sounds good.
What city you in?
I'm a bws manager, might be able to help you out if you're close

on the sunshine coast, I normally stop in at the Forest Glen one just off the highway

I'm west coast.
Have fun, and start saving your cash.
Kids are expensive little fuckers

Bourbon is gey

nothing beats kentucky deluxe

cummon

Well, remember the exchange rate for AUS>USD is about 1:0.75 right now. So the $90 for the single barrel becomes $67 USD. From a quick gander at some state liquor store websites, the single barrel goes for $45-$55. I don't think that about $20 is an obscene markup, considering it's shipped all the way across the world and trucked to whatever corner of Australia OP hails from

t. alcoholic