Bands that did heroin?

Name some artists that did heroin, I'm doing a research project on different drugs and their associations with bands and I'm struggling to think of many for heroin (outside of Ministry).

Pic possibly related, I think The Sisters of Mercy did it but I have no confirmation.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3MMNsGr8RJw
youtube.com/watch?v=bOYSN5r4KNY
youtube.com/watch?v=ojhbPqTg6dM
youtube.com/watch?v=l1kBlZ2T-9I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Brian Jonestown Massacre

Elliott Smith
John Frusciante/Red Hot Chili Peppers
The Jesus and Mary Chain

every shoegaze band
every grunge band
every hair metal band
diiv

Didn't know The Jesus and Mary Chain did heroin, they're one of my favourite bands too

The Bangles

Velvet fucking Underground

source?

>what is the song 'heroin'

Layne Staley, Bradley Nowell

Kurt Cobain. Started it to help with his stomach pain.

Royal Trux I think

GG Allin

Eyehategod, Acid Bath

funny thing is his stomach problems were actually BECAUSE of him using heroin, which gave him an excuse to keep doing more and more

david byrne

Sublime

No, he probably had crohns. I mean yeah the heroin probably made it worse long term, but it was a major problem for him long before the heroin.

Nick Cave

Morning Glory

youtu.be/3MMNsGr8RJw

every musician everywhere

Keith Fucking Richards

Marilyn Manson did a lot of experimentation with different drugs and sleep deprivation especially for Antichrist Superstar where Trent bought them a mansion to crash in for it.

Alice in Chains
Earth
Skinny Puppy
Eyehategod

youtube.com/watch?v=bOYSN5r4KNY
youtube.com/watch?v=ojhbPqTg6dM

did he really do heroin? I thought coke was his main drug like Trent.

Dee Dee Ramone
Iggy Pop
Townes Van Zandt
Johnny thunders
And a lot of other musicians, expecially from the 60s

he had IBS

What's heroin like?

Fell for obvious bait

Too many to name.

Spacemen 3 were well known addicts.

I still think soros was giving kurt the money for heroin

You instantly feel no pain, mental or otherwise. You feel euphoria instead. You drift between being awake and a dreamlike state. When it wears off you feel like complete shit, are depressed and anxious and in physical pain, thus you go get more heroin. The cycle continues.

literally fucking everyone

Dylan Carlson of Earth, Damon Albarn from Blur/Gorillaz, a bunch of jazz guys, and loads more.

Didn't Shannon Hoon of Blind Melon kill himself with heroin? Tragic ending..

Zac Carper from Fidlar, and i've heard that Conor Orberst from Bright eyes did too, but i'm not sure at all

Cocaine overdose

Ray Charles

The people from Duster have to do heroine

Townes did heroin? I never knew that. I know he was fucked up on a bunch of shit at times, but I thought he was mostly and alcoholic.

I'm really surprised that no one from Sonic Youth didn't do heroin or any other kind of drug.

I could've sworn it was heroin

>or any other kind of drug
Don't be naive

"Happiness is a Warm Gun"

A little bit under the radar, but Josh Brown of Full Devil Jacket had an overdose while on tour. He quit music for a while and cleaned up, starting Day of Fire before finally reforming FDJ a few years ago.

Phil Anselmo had an OD while on tour.

I know the drummer from Flaming Lips spiked up.

Did the guy from Marcy Playground do heroin or was it just opium?

Isaac Brock of Modest Mouse

Depeche mode for sure

That's the whole point of Never Let Me Down

Pearl Jam didn't do heroin, I don't think Soundgarden did either.

Steven Drozd, Flaming Lips drummer, was really into heroine. He ended up getting an infection in his hand and had to go to the hospital so he wouldn't lose it. He told Wayne that it was a spider bite and the resulting lyrics were entirely genuine but now that wayne lnows they are tounge-in-cheek.

No one has said Nico yet?

Damon Albarn did a lot of heroin in the late 90's while recording 13 and Gorillaz self-titled album. He's talked in a few interviews about his habit and schedules during that time, and how it changed his life. He claims it made him much more creative, and though he stopped doing it and doesn't really encourage it, he can't deny it changed his life for the better.

youtube.com/watch?v=l1kBlZ2T-9I This song's about when he did heroin with his ex girlfriend (IIRC she had left him before it was written)

Iggy Pop
Trent Reznor

>Nobody mentioned Slash from Guns and Roses

I know they're from Yugoslavia so this might not be too helpful but "Ekatarina Velika" were a famous band that's sort of always the first to come to mind when someone mentions that. Also look up Sarlo Akrobata, and other bands from the "novi talas" movement.

alice in chains

BLACKLODGE

Around 2001, Saint Vincent overdosed on heroin and had a Vision of SataN communicating with him through his computer, and sending him on a mission to spread his memes through music so that His total reign would come, enslaving humanity through technology and medication under a totalitarian worldwide government and leading humanity to a global nuclear war from which only the TemplaRs (wizards who escaped SataN's dominion by communicating with him through massive drug use) would survive intact, and rule over a people of irradiated mutants with their magick.

Charles Hamilton

>Pic possibly related, I think The Sisters of Mercy did it but I have no confirmation.
i don't think so, their taste for speed is famous though
also iirc eldritch wrote somewhere (i think utr) about how he dislikes narcotic drugs on principle

A ton of the 40s-50s-60s jazz musicians.

John Lennon
Brian Wilson
Keith Richards
Most of the Velvet Underground

Basically, if you want to be a successful musician do heroin

coltrane

seth putnam

Dave Mustaine from Megadeth.

a majority of jazz dudes did heroin
miles davis
john coltrane
chet baker
even ray charles

Definitely Nico

nobody mentioned sid vicious or jim morrison yet

ironically they didnt do heroin until after violator

The Deftones all did quite a bit of heroin back in the day. Not sure if they still do but I dont think so

His stomach pain wasn't real, it was just a junkie excuse.

MM is full of shit.
He wasn't on drugs in the 90's
He is now though obviously.