2016 is fucking awesome

Try to name a better year for rap this century than 2016. We've had Kanye, Kendrick, a really good Chance album, and many others all this year. I can't think of a year with more great drops than 2016.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FvpWJKRPadk&index=240
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder to not click on that image

thanks for the laugh OP, now name some actually good albums.

They're awful though. The delivery in modern rap is sickening.

are you fucking with me? listen to coloring book, how great has some of the most alliterative verse I've heard ever. the production on all the albums this year i mentioned was great too.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's your fucking reply

I've not heard *sigh* colouring in book yet, there seems to be a trend in 201's rap where they have to sound dopey. It is an affectation I don't dig it.

There's two of us fucking up your thread man

rap was only good this year because everything else that was released was utter shite

idk, chance has a variety of vocal delivery patterns. give it a listen, it's very soulful

Ok.

Kanye disappointed
Aesop disappointed
Chance disappointed
Yachty disappointed
Flatbush disappointed
Frank disappointed
Ferg disappointed
ASAP Mob disappointed
Uzi Vert disappointed
Denzel disappointed
Isaiah disappointed
Q disappointed
Travis disappointed
Thugger disappointed
Tribe disappointed
De La disappointed

Name a worse fucking year for hip hop

The only rappers to actually put out decent projects all fucking year were Danny Brown YG and 21 Savage. And Kendrick, and we only got his fucking b-sides.

i'll give you frank, it was all so fucking samey. he didnt take any risks. however being disappointed by trap shit produced by the dumbest people in music is retarded

Snoop has two albums this which are good to excellent

Macklemore and Kevin gates are very underrated here because they're mainstream

Anderson paak has two excellent albums this year and numerous features. He probably gets artist of the year

Anyone else excited for Em's new album next year?

But Denzel, Isaiah, and Q had the best rap albums of the year??? And I'm curious to hear what you hear in Savage Mode that you don't hear in We got it from Here.
>he didn't take any risks

You're certifiably retarted

Imperial was an embarrassing 5.5/10 that was a step down from N64 in almost every way. Worse lyricism, less catchy, less intense, and far less interesting production

The Sun's Tirade was a fun 6.5/10 but the way people parade it around here you'd think it was legitimately great. In reality he is a sing songy conscious rapper that meanders too much. The song with Kendrick especially emphasizes how far behind / derivative Isaiah is. Step down from Cilvia by a decent bit

I had zero expectations from Blank Face because Q is garbage and his best albums (H&C) is barely a 6/10. He is the king of filler and faux gangster rap. I actually liked a log of tracks in here but it was balanced ojt by how much fucking garbage I was put through. Torch, Ride Out, and By Any Means are some of the worst songs of the year. Way too long. 5/10.

New Tribe was fun and a cool throwback but it's probably Ali's worst production and it felt pretty sloppy. Probably like a 7/10 but again people talked about it like a masterpiece. If you don't think Savage Mode isn't catchier and more focused in just about every way you just don't have ears.

Good albums:
1. Danny Brown - Atrocity Exhibition
2. NxWorries - Yes Lawd!
3. Elzhi - Lead Poison
4. 21 Savage - Savage Mode
5. Common - Black America Again
6. YG - Still Brazy

This was good

>AE
Actually HHAOTY
>Yes Lawd!
Haven't finished but it's not as good as Malibu but still very good
>Lead Poison
Sort of boring but good
>Savage Mode
Perfect backpacker filter. Mostly really good.
>Black America Again
Haven't heard
>Still Brazy
Too long but it's still top 5

N64 sounds like fucking dishwater to me. Not every song on Imperial is great but I remember the worse ones more where N64 bleeds together.

Kendrick's verse on TST is ear-grating and not even worth hearing on a b-side. Meandering is a TDE specialty and there isn't much of it on TST but not anywhere near Cilvia

Everything you said about Q applies to Ab-Soul a lot more. Blank Face falls off a little in the last third but everything before it makes up for it

Skepta, Bladee, LIKE, Maxo Kream, Antwon, and Elucid all dropped projects this year you would like based on that top 6

>rap
>good

I'll check those out man thanks for the recs

>rap
>2016

make me

name a year you think is better

>that image

ree

Has this year really been that good? I'm so out-of-the-loop and behind on music, it's ridiculous.

Non native English speaker here. Is it normal to not understand more than half of the words unless you look up the lyrics? It happens to me with most recent rap music, and even some old rap. How do I get better at understanding rap niggaspeak ?

Usually I can't understand anything they say except for the really obvious lines.

Quite often I'll listen to a song and frequently misunderstand the lyrics or get them wrong entirely until I look the lyrics up and get embarrassed when I realize the song was about something completely different.

Maybe it's just me, though.

I liked Q's Blank Face LP. Athough BIG BODY BIG BENZ BIG BODY or I WANNA FUGG RIGHT NOW were shit, rest of the tracks make up a solid 8/10.

Bones PaidProgramming, 9/10 for me.

Vince had a good album this year.

Anderson Paak, (not technically Rap) made Malibu

we got this too
youtube.com/watch?v=FvpWJKRPadk&index=240

AB S O L U T E L Y
D E G E N E R A T E

Who produced this shit

A