How to fix baseball

why not increase the size of the bat or the ball/both by just a little bit? that way the ball will actually get hit sometimes and will be less unbearable for spectators

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Baseball_2020
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There should be like a 10-second time limit between pitches, and a 30-second time limit between batters. It just moves so slowly otherwise, though it's not a bad sport in theory.

They should also have fewer games in a season or something. Who wants to watch the 150+ or whatever they have now?

Nigga you just described softball.

>Wanting shite cricket bats anywhere near baseball
Christ gramps the dementia must be really getting to you.

Honestly though just play less games and put an emphasis on pitcher health so they don't throw out their shoulders and wrists after a couple years.

They should ban all cricket except 20/20 if you care about not being bored.

it doesn't need to be fixed. it's the only sport that can't be cheesed with cheap defensive tactics or penalties. you have a chance to score on every pitch until the game is over and there is no such thing as a comfortable lead. i wouldn't trade it for anything. maybe cricket is like that too but it isn't shown on TV here so i don't know.

My plan for fixing baseball
>Create more opportunities for fights
The game is such a borefest literally only fighting is the way I can see it interest me at all. Let them fight

>Get rid of 2 outfielders
The game is so fucking boring, occasionally a dropped ball will happen. But usually you always know that if the ball is in the air they'll catch it. Taking away some players will add more chaos, making basemen run out to help and making the 1 outfielder probably a great athlete.

>Stretch out the bases some
Since we've taken away outfielders and basemen have to move around and help on defense we'll given them longer lengths to run and help get rid of all the fat fucking lazy ass baseball players

>No more "bases are loaded"
If you hit a home run, only you get the free point, everybody else stays where they're at

pitchers are op it's the batsmen that need help

Also the MLB is on pace to have 1000 more home runs than just two years ago,and it seems this was done just by telling the umpires to subtly enlarge the strike zone a bit.
Also also making the bat and ball bigger would actually reduce quality contact by lowering bat speed. NZ was right that it would turn into softball.

>>No more "bases are loaded"
>If you hit a home run, only you get the free point, everybody else stays where they're at
this is a fucking retarded idea whats wrong with you

I'm pretty sure his whole post was purposely retarded.

With my changes and with basemen running and helping get the ball baseball won't need bases are loaded anymore.

No I literally don't watch baseball and think it might be the worst sport that exists, I'm trying to help make it a good sport

with your changes the scores at the end of games would look like basketball scores. lay off the pipe, or get some sleep.

don't increase the weight of the bat just increase the diameter

baseball needs more home runs badly

Well you caught me, I'm a basketball guy

basketball is fucking shit.

You reminded me of the ALF Saturday morning cartoon that was on when I was a kid. It took place on alf's home planet of melmac and one episode featured a parody of baseball in which if you hit it into the stands the ball was still live and you could keep running around the bases to score more.
Don't watch that, and don't watch baseball. It doesn't need fixing.

Best game

That sounds pretty funny, you don't have to worry about me watching baseball. I just think with basketball components and hockey components (Fighting) it would make it watchable

So basically you're saying use metal bats? Someone would likely get killed.

there are more home runs now than there were in the late 90s when half the league was on steroids. baseball needs more fundamentals, there are too many power hitting teams that rely on home runs for scoring. those are the games that are boring as fuck to watch, when those teams can't get it done, they've got no offense whatsoever.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Baseball_2020

This game actually had some novel ideas, like limiting home runs down the center and land mines in the field.