Wowowowow

What's better? Ys or Have on on me? Thank u moo :)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cUHifIBK07Q
youtube.com/watch?v=c5WEuQUw8wY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ys is a masterpiece but I like listening to Have One On Me more because I believe it has a "fresher" sound and it also has more songs.

Ys > Divers > HOOM > MEM

4/5 of Ys is amazing, but I always found Cosmia to be very annoying. So I guess Have One On Me, even though it doesn't quite reach the highs of Ys, it doesn't really contain a single dud imo.

HOOM = Ys >> MEM > Divers

>Divers
>worse than MEM

wow shit taste

I don't know I've never heard her stuff but scaruffi has have one on me rated higher so that one

Am I just a pleb for not liking Ys? I think emily is pretty good but listening to the whole thing in one sitting makes me bored. Is it the polyrhythms moo?

>worse

but I love MEM, and think the high points of Divers (Anecdotes, Goose Eggs, Waltz, You, Pin-Light) are great. it's uneven though, gotta say

whichever one sounds better to you

I think Ys is the greatest album of all time, so there's that

A few tracks on HOOM always kinda feel a little lackluster to me (Ribbon Bows and Occident particularly)

Only Skin is the pinnacle of art in the 21st century.

this desu

While I think Ys is her best album, MEM will always be my favorite, there is just nothing to not absolutely love about that album.

How do you pronouce Ys?

whys

Divers is the best

I hear a lot of people pronounce it yees.

>Please tell me what to think so I can get internet points

Ease.

And it's her best album for sure.

I feel the same thing about Ys. Try the ys street band version of cosmia, it's way better. Someone on Sup Forums told me to do so after I voiced a similar opinion and I'm glad I did. This is assuming you happen upon this thread 4 hours later.

This is absolutely correct

wrong wrong and wrong

It's Ees, like east without the T.

58:25
youtube.com/watch?v=cUHifIBK07Q

remove the second ">" between Ys and MEM and you're right.

>I always found Cosmia to be very annoying
Check this version, famalam youtube.com/watch?v=c5WEuQUw8wY

We're not here to be diplomatic, user.

Only correct opinion

>Is it the polyrhythms
No

Give it a few more listens. You should come around once you gain a bit of familiarity.

If not then it's obviously not for you

t. someone who had emily click for him on first listen, and then eventually warmed up to the rest

ys street version is so good

AND MISS
AND MISS
AND MISS
AND MISS

(your heart)

They're completely different albums. Ys feels more organic and the songwriting is more complex and geared towards gradual change in the form of shifting meters, variations on thematic material, key changes etc. whereas HOOM sounds much more polished but also more extravagant in terms of instrumentation, and the songwriting is more based around unusual chord progressions with somewhat more straightforward song structures.

I'd say Ys is more of a folk album whereas HOOM leans further towards baroque/art pop. Which album is better just depends on your genre preference I guess.