Ask a bored forex trader anything

Ask a bored forex trader anything.

do you work for NORAD?

is RSI+MACD a good indicator?

No.

I don't use it. I suggest you test it in the market you are thinking about.

filename faggot, you should change it on your next attempt.
now die.

I didn't imply that was my desk, I just googled 'trading desk'.

max leverage 4 fun&profit?

for realz, is this even feasible with low values?

I feel like with less than 10k you cant safely make any profit but my trial accounts with 500 i've always made money on easily

seems too easy

MSTX to the moon

Do you see the pound returning to pre-brexit levels soon?

What to do when it opens up on sunday morning, before the real monday market starts?

Sup?

What stock should I put 5000 USD into Monday morning

what is your favorite sex position?

Max I've used was 1:50, usually is about 1:20.

I started with 1k. It seems that most people are actually retarded, that's why they fail.

Idk and I don't care. I'm a trend follower.

The same thing as always, follow your strategy.

sup

doggy

I'm a forex trader not a stock trader.

Put in a blue chip.

Just wanted to drop in and say you sound like an extremely boring person and most likely are a waste of space, goodbye.

bye

>forex
>googles "trading desk"
>not using terminology traders call their own desks.

Faggot is a liar

would you rather kill all muslims or african americans or jews?

fuck OP - intrabank pro trader reporting in

I wouldn't kill any of them. I'm not a retarded 13 years old that hates what the media tells them to.

ok

welcome

ok?

Forex traders have a different name for their desks, and you should know that, but you claim to have looked up trading desks. This proves you are a liar.

Do you earn a lot with forex trading?

ok

Enough to live well. I will make more in the future.

Can I have a work experience placement at your firm? I will literally do anything.

How long until Dollar busts ? It's a time bomb you know ... A CIA insider said that

So why come on here and pretend to be something you are not?

Is your life so fucking shit that you have a need to pretend about something because otherwise you would slit your wrists?

Guess you are going to inform everyone how much money you have, and what a big titted wife you have with 4 kids and a BMW.

When in reality you are Russian.

I was playing with the FXCM trial program. Is FXCM a good platform? I was able to make pretty amazing returns using just $10k. I could make several hundred in just a few minutes. Is this realistic?

I trade by myself.

Idk, I just follow the trends.

It might happen.

I'm single, I don't have kids and I don't drive.

Also I'm not russian.

I never used it. If you made several hundreds from 10k in a few minutes without taking a massive risk probably not.

Do you need any help with anything then, I really need a part time job or something for my uni reference.

>The same thing as always, follow your strategy.
Hmm, well maybe you are a forex trader then. That was unexpectedly sane.

I've traded real money for a small overall loss for a few weeks last year, because I didn't follow my rules one time and used a stoploss (instead of hedging it with itself past a certain point to lock in losses until a better time). That was months ago, I stopped and then I had some real life "trouble" (girlfriend of many years left).

I had the best luck trading with wild leverage on no particular system, just pairs I knew. GBPJPY and EURUSD are my pairs, the only significant loss I had was when I correctly predicted a move in AUDUSD with that stop-bullshit killing me overnight (it literally turned around within a few pips of the emergency overnight stop I put, then turned right around and exceeded my best TP). My "rules" were to use another strategy, which I used afterwards to test that it actually worked, and that was simply the hedge with itself strategy. Risky, but better than a stop in my case.

I've got an alternative good trend-following system that I'll try to mostly use (the goal would be something ridiculously small like 1% a day on average over a month), so once I start it should be pretty idiot-proof. I'll also trade purely on price-action, but after I regain some confidence.

I started with ~€1k and now I have something like €850 (approximate, not EUR). I've been out of a work but have wasted months doing almost nothing, how do I get motivated to get into it again?

TL;DR Motivation to start again

Eurofag here, I use CMC Markets. Their platform is really very good, except.. it's in some sort of flash. If you can get past that, it's great.

I would look into FinFx and their €1k minimum "ECN" account.

Not really, but thanks and good luck. We probably don't even live in the same country.

Then tell me what type of Forex trader are you?

I want lots of money from spread betting whats your best tip/advice to get started on that mr forex

tell us your strategy and how you profit. do you rely on gut feelings a lot, or is it purely from technical analysis?

> (You)
>I started with 1k. It seems that most people are actually retarded, that's why they fail.

Do you remember any sort of AmountOfMoney/time you made? x in a month, or year or something?

guys op is a private trader. i am the other guy who works for a big bank -> investment banking -> FX Trading. thats not the same

Shittiest editing of a post, ever.

It should be noted that the loss ended up giving me taxes back, so nothing really lost.

Can you buy me a game on Steam?

It happens. Idk where to get motivation. The tips I can give are
>keep the strategy simple
>always follow the strategy
>not related economy pairs have more tendency to trade USD/JPY trends a lot, EUR/USD doesn't.

Mostly position trader.

Purely TA and statistics.

We could fake an international trading firm. You could be the name partner and can answer the phone when the uni calls to verify

so how much do you make on average per week?

I use a bot so I don't keep track of it all the time. Last year I made about 150k

hahahahahaha

Not to be rude, but most people shouldn't give a fuck about big bank traders. "Forex" trading as mentioned on the internet is a way to either get extra income, or live outside of "the system" (so to speak). Precisely to avoid having to go to a desk every day.

>USD/JPY
I don't like that pair, but thanks for the tip. I'll consider it. I prefer GBPJPY because it moves more and is more predictable.

Idk, I would say 120k per year is a good average.

This guy isn't a forex trader.. for reasons such as

1. He/she googled "trading desk" when it is a dealing desk

2. I asked what type of forex trader he/she was, they did not respond with DD or NDD.

3. Mostly position trader... get the fuck out of here.

ok

name of bot?

I think the worst part is I'm only semi joking, I have become so desperate

I made it so you won't find on the internet, the folder is called 'bctrader'.

We are not in the same country. Do you need experience to finish college or to get in college?

not op, but i trade fx and futures. dealing desk refers to the account type setup with a broker. youre fuckin retarded. trading desk, trading station, battle station... who the fuck cares. ive never heard of a trader call their home setup a dealing desk. lmao.

To get in, looking at Durham law, so I need something impressive that has a buissness sense to it

Well good luck to you.

Cheers man

well send it to me?

i r poor and will send NDA. and n00dz. failing that, any advice on how your doing it? i have mild programming skills and thought about it, but not quite where to qutie start

did you make or lose money on brexit

I've seen people talking about a website called baby pips or something like that. I personally didn't use it.

I'm still making.

lol i meant moreso the statistical prediction methods but kkk

or even tip of where your getting the data stream?

>or even tip of where your getting the data stream

from the broker

>lol i meant moreso the statistical prediction methods but kkk
statistical arbitrage with tight stops

Any tips for possible future Forex user? Buddy of mine tried to sell me on joining him and his friends who use it.

OH im dumb.

Are you still using some sort of a popular trading software, like MT4 or something of the sort?

also whats your education in?

Always follow the strategy.
Always test the strategy on previous data, but not too much.

>more in the future
>forex
pick one

>OH im dumb.

I doubt a single Sup Forums user is dumb.

>Are you still using some sort of a popular trading software, like MT4 or something of the sort?

I never used MT4 because it's not free software and doesn't respect my freedoms.

>also whats your education in?
Mathematics, but I barely use it in my strategy. HS would have been enough.

ELI5 your strategy?

So you just have your own client executing it?

>ELI5 your strategy?
Basically statistical arbitrage and moving averages.(google it)

>So you just have your own client executing it?

Yes

DUUDE, were you trading the Pound when the Leave happened??

Yes.

Any reads you'd recommend before getting started?

I heard a lot of people recommending babypips.com or something like that.

you gained right?

Yes. I'm still making money.